Pet Battles: FAQs, Links, Macros, & Addons

(Sticky)

90 Night Elf Druid
11/11/2012 07:01 AMPosted by Boddiker
I was hunting spawn of Onyxia the other day. My question is, can we get fried chicken for dinner?

Yes, we can have fried chicken for dinner if you run out and get it.
Reply Quote
34 Goblin Hunter
Abilities that have been used will now continue to cool down for pets when they are not the active pet in a battle.

If abilities do continue to cool down when pet isn't active, that might hurt the system. Everyone is just going to stack burst pets. That would get really bad.

Most critters would be useless since they don't have much, same goes for aquatic. I can already see someone stack pets for 3 ghostly bites over and over.
Edited by Shuffix on 11/12/2012 2:21 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Warlock
A bit more to add, meant to do this sooner.

First half of Taming Eastern Kingdoms
/way Elwynn Forest 41.7 83.7
/way Westfall 60.8 18.5
/way Redridge Mountains 33.3 52.6
/way Duskwood 19.8 44.5
/way Northern Stranglethorn 46 40.5
/way Cape Of Stranglethorn 51.5 73.4

Second half of Taming Eastern Kingdoms
/way The Hinterlands 63 54.6
/way Eastern Plaguelands 67 52.4
/way Searing Gorge 35.3 27.8
/way Burning Steppes 25.5 47.5
/way Swamp of Sorrows 76.8 41.5
/way Deadwind Pass 40 76.5

First half of Taming Kalimdor
/way Durotar 44.1 28.9
/way Northern Barrens 58.6 53
/way Ashenvale 20.2 29.5
/way Stonetalon Mountains 59.6 71.6
/way Desolace 57.1 45.7
/way Feralas 59.9 49.6

Second half of Taming Kalimdor
/way Moonglade 46.1 60.3
/way Southern Barrens 39.6 79
/way Dustwallow Marsh 53.9 74.9
/way Felwood 40 56.6
/way Thousand Needles 31.9 32.9
/way Winterspring 65.6 64.5

Outlands
/way Hellfire Peninsula 64.3 49.3
/way Zangarmarsh 17.3 50.5
/way Nagrand 61 49.4
/way Shattrath 58 70
/way Shadowmoon Valley 30.4 42

Northrend
/way Howling Fjord 28.6 33.9
/way Crystalsong Forest 50.1 59
/way Dragonblight 59 77
/way Zul'Drak 13.2 66.8
/way Icecrown 77.4 19.6

Cataclysm
/way Mount Hyjal 61.4 32.7
/way Deepholm 50 57
/way Twilight Highlands 56.6 56.8
/way Uldum 56.6 42

Grandmasters of each "Continent" for the Sack of Pet Supplies.
/way Deadwind Pass 40 76.5
/way Winterspring 65.6 64.5
/way Shadowmoon Valley 30.4 42
/way Icecrown 77.4 19.6
/way Uldum 56.6 42

Pandaria not included with the grandmasters since every trainer there gives a supply bag.

Better late than never..
Spirit Tamer Dailies.
/way Kun-Lai Summit 64.93 93.76 Earth
/way Townlong Steppes 57.13, 42.09 Fire
/way Jade Forest 28.91, 36.03 Air
/way Dread Wastes 61.18, 87.52 Water
Edited by Falinari on 12/14/2012 12:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Awesome - thanks Falinari! Will be updating shortly.
Reply Quote
93 Goblin Shaman
Out of curiosity, there isn't an addon/site being developed that would show the strengths/weaknesses of a battle team you are thinking about putting together (i.e. meaning kind of an ahead of time pre-planner type thing)?

Like, let's say I want to put a team together with an undead type, a flying type, and a dragonkin type- it would show up in a little window what the strengths/weak spots of that team make up would be.

In other words, a planner.
Edited by Jujubiju on 11/19/2012 11:44 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Out of curiosity, there isn't an addon/site being developed that would show the strengths/weaknesses of a battle team you are thinking about putting together (i.e. meaning kind of an ahead of time pre-planner type thing)?

Like, let's say I want to put a team together with an undead type, a flying type, and a dragonkin type- it would show up in a little window what the strengths/weak spots of that team make up would be.

In other words, a planner.

I don't personally use either of these mods, but perhaps Pokemon Trainer (which adds strengths/weaknesses to the display) or Pet Theory may be able to help you. Both are linked in the Addon section.
Reply Quote
93 Goblin Shaman
11/19/2012 01:03 PMPosted by Phaedra
I don't personally use either of these mods, but perhaps Pokemon Trainer (which adds strengths/weaknesses to the display) or Pet Theory may be able to help you. Both are linked in the Addon section.

What I mean is- for example- take the mini's I have now (trying the Pokemon one currently- it's close but not quite):

Celestial Dragon, Darkshore cub, Little Fawn

Like a combined list of what strengths those pets have and what weaknesses ahead of time. So, let's say I'm out battling in the world (wouldn't work well for PVP battles for obvious reasons), I however over what I want to battle and can change to something more appropriate ahead of time.
Edited by Jujubiju on 11/20/2012 12:33 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
11/19/2012 09:35 PMPosted by Jujubiju

What I mean is- for example- take the mini's I have now (trying the Pokemon one currently- it's close but not quite):

Celestial Dragon, Darkshore cub, Little Fawn

Like a combined list of what strengths those pets have and what weaknesses ahead of time. So, let's say I'm out battling in the world (wouldn't work well for PVP battles for obvious reasons), I however over what I want to battle and can change to something more appropriate ahead of time.

Sorry Juju - at this time, I have no personal knowledge of an addon that does what you are requesting. I was hoping that one of the two I suggested would suffice for your needs.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Will be updating to reflect 5.1 changes shortly (hopefully today, no later than this weekend).
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Updated to reflect 5.1 changes - if I've missed something (patch note, bug, etc), please let me know and I'll edit.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
new bug where it thinks youre already in the Q, without any indication. cant leave, even using the /script C_PetBattles.StopPVPMatchmaking(); macro. also scrwe up entire q system, all other Q's go into a "paused" state by default, rendering all Q's unusable.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7200053256
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
To avoid creating another topic (and I admit I didn't read through this entire thread thoroughly):

Is there a site that tracks how many unique Rares you have? Perhaps grouping each rarity to different groups? I'm looking for some way to weed out missing Rares that I still need to farm, which is quite a bit, and having a comprehensive list of what pets I DON'T have Rares of would make my life easier.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
To avoid creating another topic (and I admit I didn't read through this entire thread thoroughly):

Is there a site that tracks how many unique Rares you have? Perhaps grouping each rarity to different groups? I'm looking for some way to weed out missing Rares that I still need to farm, which is quite a bit, and having a comprehensive list of what pets I DON'T have Rares of would make my life easier.

Warla's site keeps track of all the pets you have and shows rarity and breed (if you're really looking for specifics).

Alternately, PetJournalEnhanced allows several sorting options - you can sort by zone, by captured/non-captured, and rarity - all at once. I typically have it set to zone and just eyeball what pets I have.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
The updated "pets in zone" macro doesn't work correctly. Below is my fixed version, with easier to read output formatting as well.

/run a=GetZoneText();b="- ";x={};p=C_PetJournal;print(a);for i=1,p.GetNumPets(false) do q,_,z,_,_,_,_,n,_,_,_,d=p.GetPetInfoByIndex(i);if string.find(d,a) and not x[n] then if z then print(b..p.GetBattlePetLink(q));else print(b..n);x[n]=1;end end end
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Quick question, will the Flawless Epic Battle Stones be implemented at any point? I see them being posted on multiple forums and talked about on WoWhead.

Same with legendary, etc. I know pet battles is still in "beta" stages, but I'm sure they have a plan for all of this.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Quick question, will the Flawless Epic Battle Stones be implemented at any point? I see them being posted on multiple forums and talked about on WoWhead.

Same with legendary, etc. I know pet battles is still in "beta" stages, but I'm sure they have a plan for all of this.

At this point, all we know is that potentially, someday players could have the chance to get epic and even legendary pets. However, it's all hope and speculation.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
So, color changing pets, hadn't even noticed any before seeing the 5.2 patch notes. Is that any pet that has more than 3 skin colors? Been trying to catch a rare of every skin color, but if the color changes obviously that's not possible.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Warlock
http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info21993-BattlePetDailyTamer.html#info

Found this little gem of joy.

One thing the page doesn't mention is it lists what types said tamers have and the levels.

It's a nice replacement for the multitude of tomtom macros one would have to use.
Edited by Falinari on 12/24/2012 1:58 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Added to the listing. Thanks Falinari!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Pet Macro for what you're missing in a zone is AWESOME!
Thanks a bunch!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]