Pet Battles: FAQs, Links, Macros, & Addons

(Sticky)

100 Gnome Mage
Hi,

Is there any addons out there that summarize the pet battle combat log? Kind of like recount is what im after but for pet battles.

Thanks.
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Warlock
What does it mean when there is a gold star on left top corner of the icon of your pet?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
You have added this particular pet to your favorites. You can remove this star by going to your pet journal, right click the favorite pet, and de-select the Favorites Option.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
for those of you with speacialty pets like frosty and the hard to get pets . could there possibly be some way to toss those people into their own battlegroup? pets that fellow players do not have while others do is a very very unfair advantage to them. the more exotic pets that some of us have should be tossed up against similar in kind. these people who are currently playing the battle system are outrageously overpowered and walk through these like a breeze because they got a pet that very few others have and is no longer available
or simply remove the competitons part of the specialty pets like frosty .
( eg. frosty is not be a pet to be leveled but to have just for looks while the blizzard pet store pets ARE able to be used because more people can buy them therefore creating a more even playing field. ) right now the pvp battle system is not even at all.. . you give other players an unfair advantage over those of us who don't have the benefit of pets like frosty.
not asking you guys to delete the little guy. but simply do like you did with the guild pages

this pet cannot be used in battle .

which would even the playing field for every one instead of a few op players taking advantage of those people who don't have these rares.

and unless the trolls in the forums know what they're talking about they can shut the hell up!
Edited by Howlsong on 2/18/2013 12:19 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
and unless the trolls in the forums know what they're talking about they can shut the hell up!

That's an excellent attitude when presumably asking for a game fix (many hours of reprogramming) and support from the Pet Battle Forum for your issue. No really, alienate everyone moar.

Most WoW pet collectors extreme will have had that Frosty pet before pet battles was patched. You may try to make a thread on Bug Report Forum or email WoW directly but your badly written post with the threatening behavior at the end will not fly.

Calm yo butt down and rewrite. Ask Blizzard nicely and you may get a nice reply saying no.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Paladin
I had an alt I sent to Outland to fight Bloodknight Antari after I unlocked the dailies. However the daily wasn't available. The alt is a lvl 60 DK, is there a lvl requirement for the dailies beyond Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I love this thread and reading about battles and strategies in this section of forums.
I am not a totally hardcore collector but i do enjoy the collecting and battles (minus the pvp aspect so far).

However i'm pretty confused on a few things.
I see alot of people asking to trade for battlestones that are not tradeable, how does this work?

What does wanting to trade s/s breed 5 mean? (and other variants of that)
Was there something I missed about classifications of battle pets?

I do get the WTT/WTB/WTS but other than that, i am not really sure what alot of the other things mean.

It would be really nice if someone could clarify how the trading system works and what some of the meanings are that are posted in the forums, for idiots like me who try to keep up on whats going on and ... are just too uninformed.

Also was wondering how people are trading the new Panda pets from the rediculous daily that came out. I have only been able to get two so far, the one from the original quest and the other from completing the daily, but I can not cage either of the two that I can recall.
Edited by Firefleye on 3/14/2013 8:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
I see alot of people asking to trade for battlestones that are not tradeable, how does this work?

You trade them a cageable pet that they in turn use the stone on.

What does wanting to trade s/s breed 5 mean? (and other variants of that)

Pet breeds can be read about on http://petsear.ch/

but I can not cage either of the two that I can recall.

All but the initial one are cageable.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
How come some pets don't have a release or cage option? I have to keep "Blue Mini Jouster" and a bunch of others in my collection forever? I wanted to have only blue pets but there are a ton I can't even get rid of..
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
How come some pets don't have a release or cage option? I have to keep "Blue Mini Jouster" and a bunch of others in my collection forever? I wanted to have only blue pets but there are a ton I can't even get rid of..

Most are achievement ones. I assume it was because they lumped them altogether instead of checking on case by case if they could be reacquired.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Quests, Pet Leveling, and Pet XP

How do the Pet Battle Quests work since they're account-wide?
All the quests to battle the various Pet Tamers can only be done once per account. This means that if you start a quest on one character and switch to another, you *should* be able to continue without issue, unless it's faction-specific trainers. However, this appears to be occasionally bugged for some people.

Can you add that these quests require MoP to start . Not mentioned anywhere and had to ask GM about it to get a factual answer.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I need someone to take thus over. My son decided he was ready for the world and arrived early. I don't have the time to properly maintain this thread anymore.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
I need someone to take thus over. My son decided he was ready for the world and arrived early. I don't have the time to properly maintain this thread anymore.

Gratz on the kiddo.

As I offered once and you showed no interest good luck in finding someone to take over.
Edited by Hearus on 5/27/2013 8:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
If I forfeit a pet battle and my pets HP is decreased by 10%, is that decrease permanent?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
91647519047:
If I forfeit a pet battle and my pets HP is decreased by 10%, is that decrease permanent?

It can be healed back at any time. It is like a power hit you for 10% of your hp not a real reduction.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Shaman
How hard would it be to create an addon that tracks the usage of opponent pet abilities and displays a cooldown timer for each ability?

...That would be handy.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
How hard would it be to create an addon that tracks the usage of opponent pet abilities and displays a cooldown timer for each ability?

...That would be handy.

It exist not sure the name of it though.
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
I just bought a level 25 pet off the AH, but when I learned the pet its level in my Pet Journal was only level 1. Is this normal or a glitch?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
I just bought a level 25 pet off the AH, but when I learned the pet its level in my Pet Journal was only level 1. Is this normal or a glitch?

Did you buy a pet or an item from the misc. tab?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]