Has your Night Elf met the Pandaren before?

Before the War of the Ancients, the Pandaren lived in tribes across Kalimdor, but fled after the Highborne became obsessed with Arcane magic. Therefore, the only playable race that could have met the Pandaren before in person (unless I'm mistaken) are the Night Elves.

I'm wondering if anyone's character has met the Pandaren before, and if they have, if they remembered who they are. The last time anyone would have seen Pandaren society was over 10,000 years ago, so they could have easily forgotten what the Pandas even looked like.

(Verdant is too young to have met them.)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
If I'm remembering correctly, it was too much time before WoE started going down. Doubtful a nelf would know them either.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
Before the War of the Ancients, the Pandaren lived in tribes across Kalimdor, but fled after the Highborne became obsessed with Arcane magic. Therefore, the only playable race that could have met the Pandaren before in person (unless I'm mistaken) are the Night Elves.

I'm wondering if anyone's character has met the Pandaren before, and if they have, if they remembered who they are. The last time anyone would have seen Pandaren society was over 10,000 years ago, so they could have easily forgotten what the Pandas even looked like.

(Verdant is too young to have met them.)

Exceptionally powerful Trolls have been granted immortality by the Loa, so their deranged Night Elf cousins aren't the only playable race who could have met the Pandaren.

But all the concrete evidence we have of truly immortal Trolls is the RPG book.

And lolrpgbooks
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
Ana looks silly with that helmet on.
Reply Quote
09/27/2012 10:10 AMPosted by Volkuza
so their deranged Night Elf cousins aren't the only playable race who could have met the Pandaren.

Don't forget Watchers.
Reply Quote
09/27/2012 10:11 AMPosted by Klairisa

Leveling gear. Gotta love it.

What's up with Pandaria's Shoulderpads? (or, Shoulderpad)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
09/27/2012 10:19 AMPosted by Verdantclaw

Leveling gear. Gotta love it.

What's up with Pandaria's Shoulderpads? (or, Shoulderpad)

I do love it actually, this Cata armor looks great on a Draenei.

Also I have 118% of all the achievements in the game according to the armory. Come at me.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I would imagine Serranis probably did, but that is a very big 'if'.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
The tauren race is presumed to be as old as the night elves since both races are said to have awoken during the creation of the world.
Reply Quote
89 Night Elf Hunter
The Highborne Empire rose 18,000 years ago.

The Mogu war began sometime before that.

The Highborne Empire fell 10,000 years ago.

The Sundering also happened 10,000 years ago.

Pandaria broke off from Kalimdor 10,000 years ago.

If your Nelf is 10,000+, there's a chance they may have met a Pandaren or two.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
09/27/2012 11:01 AMPosted by Dartfall
The tauren race is presumed to be as old as the night elves since both races are said to have awoken during the creation of the world.

>night elves
>creation of the world

Wat

Also, Tauren don't live nearly long enough lifespans in order for an individual to remember the Pandaren.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Considering the effect Chen had in the defeat of the Jaina's daddy, I'm surprised the humans aren't all "kill 'em all!"

Other races besides night elves have encountered pandarans. Warcraft 3?

Orcs, Rexxar, Jaina, etc.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
09/27/2012 11:35 AMPosted by Volkuza
Also, Tauren don't live nearly long enough lifespans in order for an individual to remember the Pandaren.

This guy hit the nail on the head. But, all we have for Tauren lore is the myths that can be interpreted different ways. Some Tauren have interpretations that they're the oldest race, others do not.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Garithos had a brewmaster and a contingent of pandas in his elite guard if I remember correctly. The blood elves had to fight 'em.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Think pandaren would have made it down in Tauren legend? They're supposed to be an ancient race as well, no?

Note that I mean their legends and folk tales, I know Tauren go kaput after a few decades
Edited by Brutaria on 9/27/2012 12:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Troll Warrior
In the short story Li Li talks about having met King Magni and Chen talks about similar stuff. Pandas aren't new to any races.

Sure, they will be new to -most- people. But they were rare before, not non-existent.

09/27/2012 12:14 PMPosted by Riodrian
Garithos had a brewmaster and a contingent of pandas in his elite guard if I remember correctly. The blood elves had to fight 'em.

The bonus mission was for lols. It wasn't canon.
Edited by Frostytroll on 9/27/2012 12:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]