Cooking Bag

90 Night Elf Hunter
I was actually just saying last night it would be really cool if there was a cooking bag or something like it. All these cooking ingredients keep getting mixed up with my quest items and regular junk from killing things. I have my other profession bags to help keep organized so nothing gets accidentally thrown away or misplaced, so it would be really nice to have something like this with all this new cooking stuff. Combining the tackle box with cooking would be great since the fish are considered ingredients now anyways. :)
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
I started another thread about creating a "Chefs Pantry" that you can purchase from the Tillers once you're exaulted with them. Hell, even if you're not, once you reach a certain point, you get the ability too.

There needs to be additional space no doubt about it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I think this is a great idea. A bag that holds anything with the tag 'Cooking Ingredient' would be awesome.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I need a cooking bag so much! I have tailoring and enchanting too, so I'm always full of windwool cloth and dusts and now cooking is taking too much space too.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
How about just a box in your farmhouse to store all your goods? I'm ok with that.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Yes please!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
Much needed. I like the idea of a shed of some sort that acts like a bank interface for cooking related items only.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
09/28/2012 11:35 PMPosted by Oldcodger
I'm levelling up my reputation with Nat and the Anglers so I'm fishing like mad.

I have to assume that you are either talking about an alt or, as has happened quite a bit on the forums, your avatar does not match your current level.

Interesting ideas though.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Agreed, I need a special container for these food items... Perhaps engineers can make a portable icebox, and it could also make a snowball and some mold once a week...
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
I was thinking a barn at your farm where you could keep all your cooking stuff and seeds consedering I am using 24 slot bags but 3/4 are being used up by all this crap.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
The cooking tokens do act like deep storage - it's just that there's a huge amount of waste when you use them that way (you only get back 25-50% of materials, minus any leftovers you end up discarding).

Here's a crazy alternative idea: instead of making the tokens more efficient, make pack-storage less efficient. Have all the food ingredients in packpacks expire during daily maintanence - so you *have* to use ironpaw tokens or the auction house if you want fresh, usable materials.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I vote and I support this wholeheartedly.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I totally agree. i have next to no bag space for these cooking ingredients. i used to just vendor them in past expansions but now they say cooking ingredient on it i wanna keep them. i really think a cooking bag needs to be implicated.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
10/01/2012 03:35 PMPosted by Karamok
Much needed. I like the idea of a shed of some sort that acts like a bank interface for cooking related items only.

This sort of thing would be perfect. A bank/fridge/pantry that only holds veggies/meat/fish and maybe even seeds. Somewhere next to your farm in Halfhill would make sense.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Need cooking bag now! 50 slot PLZ
Reply Quote
44 Draenei Paladin
For one, they could increase the stack size - 100 or 200 for fish/meat, and maybe 500 for veggies. Still, given the sheer number of different items, a large cooking bag would be awesome.

I don't like the idea of a pantry on the farm because it's obnoxious enough to fly there on multiple characters so I can tend my farms. I wouldn't want to do it every time I want a stack of something.

Alternatively, they could have NPCs in major cities which allow you to buy pantry space (like void storage) so you can stash your cooking ingredients there for easy access.

Here's a crazy alternative idea: instead of making the tokens more efficient, make pack-storage less efficient. Have all the food ingredients in packpacks expire during daily maintanence - so you *have* to use ironpaw tokens or the auction house if you want fresh, usable materials.

Maybe you're a masochist, but the rest of us aren't. What exactly would be the point of me going out and fishing or tending my farms then? So I could lose 75% of my mats at the end of the day, or be forced into buying them from fishing bots? No, thank you.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
An old fashioned Root Cellar on the farm would be cool.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I really hope they consider doing something like this. 70% of my bag space is filled with cooked dishes to give out as gifts to the different NPCs, cooking mats, and seeds. Would be nice to have extra storage!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
Actually with the 3 tools, once you start expanding your farm, and you get the special systems installed from the Tiller Quarter Master, you don't need the tools anymore. Once you plant your seeds, just click on the new stuff you got for your farm and it will clear the debuff it's meant to.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Either a cooking bag with 100 slots or a fridge/bank only accessible on our farm.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]