Why the Cooldown on Scroll of Wisdom....

100 Worgen Druid
Why must this have a CD it wouldn't be so bad if this was only tied into learning new glyphs, but not only do you need 20 of them to make a staff, they are required to make Darkmoon cards....
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
i believe that blizz is trying to make your products more valuble so that you can play more and farm less...

think about it, the old school way of making darkmoon cards required days and weeks for months of farming, milling, carding. That encouraged botting and the markets got flooded, dropping the prices.

if there is a certain number of items you can make a day/week that are used for highly demanded items, then the value of such a thing goes up.

but with the staff/glyphs/darkmoon stuff I would have to tell you that how you choose use your scrolls is simply strategy which is why i have 3 scribes tee hee. I have 1 for learning glyphs and the others are darkmoon divas. I dont need to make the staffs because my main uses a shield and 1 hander, not really gonna worry about my alts.

thats my strat, whats yours?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
09/27/2012 02:55 PMPosted by Kaprie
i believe that blizz is trying to make your products more valuble so that you can play more and farm less...

Hi, I'd like to introduce you to Motes of Harmony.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
Yes but the old way of making Darkmoon Cards made sense especially when you can proc any random card. If it was a set card and you could go straight to finishin the deck then it would be acceptable.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
I dont think that they ever really intended for 1 person to complete decks on their own like people do(did). Im fairly certain they wanted you to make 8-10 cards and then trade with others to get the ones you need to make your deck and this change enforces that. though there are ways to get around it, I for example, have 11 scribes.

not really saying the new way is better or worse just thats how i picture blizzard looking at it.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
yeah pushing people towards ridiculous levels of farming ie what Zachknight is doing (not harping on you i think you are being decently smart about it) means there is a problem with how blizzard is doing that particular thing. Kaprie talking about the markets getting 'flooded' is total malarkey the prices of darkmoon decks stayed pretty stable until the point in cata when they where no longer useful (Fall of Deathwing).

I think in this particular case I am more in the party of 'if it ain't broke don't fix it' because yeah you could spend tons of time to get the cards/decks you wanted/needed but did it ever feel rewarding when you got them, and just about everyone doing it still tried to trade for the cards they were missing for X deck. I certainly think if you are going to put a throttle of this nature onto the cards you should either A let us pick which card we make (A-8) or B let us pick which set we make (Tigers, Cranes etc). Making it potentially take months to get a deck seems a little extreme, even for blizzard. But certainly last expansion I and a friend made about 200 cards before we were able to get together a Waves deck (and that was with some trading/selling/buying) and I really don't look forward to crap like that again.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Blizzard has put roadblocks in place for most all high end crafted items, weather it be cooldowns or using spirit of harmony.

Many professions are limited by one day cooldowns. Living steel, imperial cloth, for example. These roadblocks have long existed in one form or another (remember chaos orbs being bop and you'd only get one per instance?). This prevents market saturation. I'm all for that.

I do wish motes were boa, of course.

If you want to work around it, Zachknight has the right idea. I've done the same, just not quite to the same level (have 5 scribes and 4 alchs).
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
This xpac ws made. To keep you playing. And keep subscriptions. And time sinking. :]
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
You just described every mmo ever made.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
my alt is inscription with 5 scrolls, and i just wanna make the staff. do i really have to wait 2 weeks?

other alternative i guess is leveling my alt from 85 to 90... but it doesnt make sense the staff is BoA... there should be an override for the cooldown there ... not on the cards
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
my alt is inscription with 5 scrolls, and i just wanna make the staff. do i really have to wait 2 weeks?

other alternative i guess is leveling my alt from 85 to 90... but it doesnt make sense the staff is BoA... there should be an override for the cooldown there ... not on the cards

You can get it earlier if you're willing to funnel tonnes of Spirits of Harmony into it by completing the Inscription quest multiple times. I was able to get my Staff after around 14 days.

You can also get a bonus scroll by chance from the Treasures of the Vale (but this obviously requires level 90 to obtain).
Reply Quote
88 Human Mage

I would suggest making a thread dedicated to asking for the SoW CD to be changed onto the cards so you can make the BoA staff quicker :)
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
nice wisecrack. hope it was funny on your end cuz its looking a bit sad from over here.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Priest
If the staff materials seem unreasonable, a better solution would be reducing the number of scrolls required to make it. Taking the scrolls off cooldown entirely is overkill.
Edited by Icpitl on 2/13/2013 6:28 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
They have reduced the number of scrolls required for it, indirectly, since once you no longer need the staff you can cash it in for 10 scrolls. So your total cost for the staff works out to 10 scrolls over the long haul. And that's hardly an unreasonable mat sink for an ilvl 476 weapon. Heck, man, it takes more daily CDs to make the ilvl 476 cloth armors which you can replace far more easily.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
Does it really matter at this point? I am pretty much giving up on the darkmoon card market. Already made the Int staff, and the Archeology staff is nearly as good (if not better with JP upgrades) then the agility staff.

There is a reason discussion on this topic ended 3 months ago.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I was rather disappointed as well. I started leveling inscription because I wanted the level 90 dps BoA staff soooo bad. I was surprised that the mats were easy to obtain for it. However, when I first got the skill to make a Scroll of Wisdom, my jaw dropped when the stupid daily cooldown appeared. It's bad enough that I have to wait a week to buy any epic faction gear. I am two points away from raiding Heart of Fear and these stupid limits are slowing me down.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]