Please give monks non-90 PvP gear.

74 Night Elf Rogue
This topic was intended for Brutal (70 PvP) sets, but goes for other non-90 gear as well.
Right now monks are at an extreme gear disadvantage in PvP, compared to other classes which are allowed very cheap epic sets. PvP leveling is popular for all classes, not to mention people who want to use the gear for transmog or twinking. I can't imagine it'd be so hard to spray different colors on the Sunwell leather set (if you insisted on making the sets look different) that it would have not even made it onto the table for patch 5.2.

That or make druid PvP sets available to monks. I don't see any real reason to change stats on druid sets for monks, the only thing that would need to change is the set bonus.

Please post to show support if you agree.

UPDATE: Monks also CANNOT obtain the same 55-honor blue PvP trinket that is available to all other classes after a BG or two at level 10. Monks must either roll human, have an heirloom trinket or wait until they can obtain a quest one from Outlands. This is NOT a difficult fix nor an issue that should exist. Please bump for awareness.

WSG: all items should be available
AB: Everything but the boots, belts, and shoulders
AV: all items should be available
Level 60 sets: No monk set, but you can buy weapons.
Cannot buy a PvP trinket except the heirloom

At 70: Cannot use any set. Can purchase all non-set items. Can buy trinket.
At 80: Same, but can purchase crafted PvP gear, which is useless.
At 85: Same, but can purchase crafted PvP gear, which isn't entirely useless.
At 90: Can purchase all gear for your class including crafted.
Edited by Koukuei on 1/9/2013 12:38 AM PST
Reply Quote
monks will get their own pvp gear eventually. lets jus hope its soon.
Reply Quote
09/27/2012 04:09 PMPosted by Conflation
do you think it would be fair if a healing monk used tank monk gear no it wouldnt be fair thatd be op i dont think that wud be fair because itd be op

i never heard some1 make so much sense.
Reply Quote
70 Tauren Druid
I suport this, please even if they use rogue or druid sets, a re-color and a change of 4pce set bonus. Heck even just a color change and remove glove/4pce bonus.
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Paladin
I don't like the idea of being the only one at 70 in bgs that doesn't get the really good gear and resil... my windwalker monk is already putting out seriously sad damage in pvp....now i'm gonna be stuck with no resil and crappy gear. Not fair that everyone else can spend a few hundred honor and bump up their gear a considerable amount at 60/70...we're gonna have the lowest hp...no resil...and hit like girls even more so in 60-64 70-74. The pvp gear is the best thing you can get til 65 and 75.

Just allow monks to use the rogue gear...not that hard.
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Mage
I support this idea.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
They haven't devoted any time to low level pvp gear. Most of it still has spell penetration, bonuses still exist for spells that don't, etc. I seriously doubt they'll spend the time to create monk sets for "outdated content".

I could buy the excuse that DK's didn't need a 60 set because their starting set was so good, but Monks are effectively screwed out of any tier/set gear until level 90. This severely limits gearing and transmogging potential, and frankly is a bit unfair. Yeah, the quest/dungeon gear is fine, but from 60 onward every other class has access to relatively cheap and/or decent tier/set gear, which gives them a big advantage in stats and transmog possibilities.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Monk
I support this the more WW monks to punch on the better.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
Would rather see a focus on current monk issues that exist rather than ones that don't.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
They can do what they did for dks, take the warrior pvp set and remove all set bonus'.
Reply Quote
36 Pandaren Monk
I really hope they do because 70-74 is my favorite bracket
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
i dont thimk this should happen, here
s why monks are a new class and just like dks they shouldnt get pvp gear that they DIDNT exist FOR if dks never got good gear at 70 we were stuck with trash pve gear that had NO resil and w e were forced to gem resil which nullified it being pve gear but we lost haste crit/ 35 res 2 set bonus THATS WHY I LEVELED if monks can be tanks AND healser do you think it would be fair if a healing monk used tank monk gear no it wouldnt be fair thatd be op i dont think that wud be fair because itd be op they should be forced to use PVE just like DKs since dks didnt exist for TBC either

I LITERALLY do not understand a single word you just typed.

Good job.
Reply Quote
61 Pandaren Monk

Good job.

I don't think you know what 'literally' means either.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk

Good job.

I don't think you know what 'literally' means either.

He might know what it means and be serious. It takes a few seconds to understand what the post says.
Reply Quote
83 Pandaren Monk
No 60 PVP gear, no 70 PVP gear, no 80 PVP gear, no 85 PVP gear.

Why not just let us buy rogue/druid gear? Would anyone REALLY mind? All of the Brutal plate gear worn by Pals, Warrs, DKs looks EXACTLY the same.

For Brutal gear specifically, it is almost impossible to find Northrend gear with sockets, nevermind the resilience we won't have. Epic 80 gems are now easy to acquire, and the Brutal 5 piece has 6 gem slots plus a meta slot. This puts Monks at a severe disadvantage.

So no PVP gear until 78 when you can equip the crafted Eviscerator's/Overcast sets. If you find a leatherworker with the patterns. If you acquire/buy the mats.

Unacceptable, no cool.
Reply Quote
83 Pandaren Monk
No 60 PVP gear, no 70 PVP gear, no 80 PVP gear, no 85 PVP gear.

Why not just let us buy rogue/druid gear? Would anyone REALLY mind? All of the Brutal plate gear worn by Pals, Warrs, DKs looks EXACTLY the same.

For Brutal gear specifically, it is almost impossible to find Northrend gear with sockets, nevermind the resilience we won't have. Epic 80 gems are now easy to acquire, and the Brutal 5 piece has 6 gem slots plus a meta slot. This puts Monks at a severe disadvantage.

So no PVP gear until 78 when you can equip the crafted Eviscerator's/Overcast sets. If you find a leatherworker with the patterns. If you acquire/buy the mats.

Not cool, unacceptable.
Edited by Taptherockys on 9/30/2012 11:49 AM PDT
Reply Quote
74 Night Elf Rogue
09/28/2012 04:45 AMPosted by Kallik
Would rather see a focus on current monk issues that exist rather than ones that don't.

I'm sorry, did you level that monk from 1 to 87 in the less than a week that MOP's been out, through the actual 1-87 content? Didn't think so. You most likely used a combination of RAF and looms/other XP boosts. Don't say an issue doesn't exist just because you didn't have to deal with it since you skipped entire years' worth of content in your haste to reach max and get bored of the game. lol

09/30/2012 11:45 AMPosted by Taptherockys
Why not just let us buy rogue/druid gear?

Support.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]