Please give monks non-90 PvP gear.

85 Pandaren Monk
Eating 1 shot kills from MM hunters is no bueno. I don’t want much just enough resilience to make things fair. I have to back off my favorite aspect of the game on my new toy because I have no survivability. This makes for a sad Panda.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
09/30/2012 07:43 PMPosted by Koukuei
I'm sorry, did you level that monk from 1 to 87 in the less than a week that MOP's been out, through the actual 1-87 content?

I've only used minimal heirlooms and I got to 83, I have a friend going completely without heirlooms or support gold and hes 65. Don't get where this is relevant.

09/30/2012 07:43 PMPosted by Koukuei
Don't say an issue doesn't exist just because you didn't have to deal with it since you skipped entire years' worth of content in your haste to reach max and get bored of the game. lol

not relevant to the conversation at all. Game isn't balanced around low levels, especially PvP. I would prefer if they made balance changes to our abilities that affected ALL levels instead of benefitting 4 levels of pvp gear (you get better blues from wrath after 75)
Reply Quote
68 Pandaren Monk
i dont thimk this should happen, here
s why monks are a new class and just like dks they shouldnt get pvp gear that they DIDNT exist FOR if dks never got good gear at 70 we were stuck with trash pve gear that had NO resil and w e were forced to gem resil which nullified it being pve gear but we lost haste crit/ 35 res 2 set bonus THATS WHY I LEVELED if monks can be tanks AND healser do you think it would be fair if a healing monk used tank monk gear no it wouldnt be fair thatd be op i dont think that wud be fair because itd be op they should be forced to use PVE just like DKs since dks didnt exist for TBC either

This is an absolute train wreck of a post. Incomprehensible.
Reply Quote
74 Night Elf Rogue
Guys, please ignore and quit responding to Conflation. He's not drunk or retarded. He's a troll that harasses the 70 twink threads, and this thread is linked to from our main forum post in an attempt to draw more attention to the issue. My guess is he followed the link I posted there to try and irritate me/us. Stop feeding him.

10/01/2012 03:48 PMPosted by Punda
I've only used minimal heirlooms and I got to 83

Don't get where this is relevant.

Also, get some fresh air dear.

Game isn't balanced around low levels, especially PvP.

^ Should change, not simply be accepted as fact.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
i dont thimk this should happen, here
s why monks are a new class and just like dks they shouldnt get pvp gear that they DIDNT exist FOR if dks never got good gear at 70 we were stuck with trash pve gear that had NO resil and w e were forced to gem resil which nullified it being pve gear but we lost haste crit/ 35 res 2 set bonus THATS WHY I LEVELED if monks can be tanks AND healser do you think it would be fair if a healing monk used tank monk gear no it wouldnt be fair thatd be op i dont think that wud be fair because itd be op they should be forced to use PVE just like DKs since dks didnt exist for TBC either

you are wearing brutal not sure if trolling?
Reply Quote
1 Human Rogue
/supported
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I support this, I love passing thru the 70 twink bracket when I level alts for a few months before getting them to max level. IDC what any1 else says, they did it for dk's and plz for the love of god don't say it takes long to make the set, take the druid tiers and take off the bonuses or even the rogue tier. Its not hard or long. Hehe thats what she said.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
I LITERALLY do not understand a single word you just typed.

Good job.

I don't think you know what 'literally' means either.

Woosh. You really shouldn't take what others say so literally.
Edited by Qì on 10/2/2012 5:05 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
10/01/2012 04:12 PMPosted by Koukuei
I've only used minimal heirlooms and I got to 83

Don't get where this is relevant.

Also, get some fresh air dear..

My best friend did 1-90 with only helm/cloak heirlooms, just dinged last night, and he takes frequent breaks ,has a normal sleeping schedule, and he'd never interrupt his workout schedule for anything (which means he gets fresh air). It's not really that hard or time consuming.

Also, I support the Monk Brutal cause.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
See title. Please Blizz, don't make it take months and months like it did for DK's. Right now monks are at an extreme gear disadvantage in PvP compared to other classes which are allowed very cheap epic sets. PvP leveling is popular for all classes, not to mention people who want to use the gear for transmog or twinking. I can't imagine it'd be so hard to spray different colors on the Sunwell leather set (if you insisted on making the sets look different) that it would take half a year.

That or make druid PvP sets available to monks. I don't see any real reason to change stats on druid sets for monks, the only thing that would need to change is the set bonus.

Please post to show support if you agree.

Just shut up now, please. DK's were stretching it, monks dont need it. The days of 70 vanity are over. There's a bright new world. Now embrace it. Not to mention anything season 4 looked appaulling. if you want the same transmog though, go run SWP. Now shh! :)
Reply Quote
70 Pandaren Hunter
i want my brutal set for my monk blizzard!!!!
Reply Quote
70 Pandaren Hunter
can ppl que pls ty
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
10/02/2012 06:13 AMPosted by ßiggs
The days of 70 vanity are over.

Who the !@#$ says some people can't enjoy what the hell they want to enjoy ?!

Until you pay my 15$/month, you have about zero say in anything related to what I find enjoyable.

It's just poorly thought through really. You know you're gonna have a ton of new Monks running around, joining battlegrounds. Why the hell wouldn't you plan SOMETHING ? Even the class specific PvP trinket(for 55 honor) isn't available, so you have no trinket until level 70, or level 58+ if you do the Hellfire Fortification quest.

And comparing the DK situation with this one is just such a bad argument. If they made a poor decision before, should I be happy that they made it again ?
Edited by Ambooh on 10/2/2012 9:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
definitely needs to be done. i was enjoying bging on my monk, but now that im about to break into the 70 bracket, that's over with. not even going to enter at such a huge disadvantage.

im not a programmer, but it seems presumptious to assume that creating a generic set is a complicated, time consuming task would delay other content. it's not like they have to use new models, or even put class-specific bonuses on it. id be happy just being allowed to buy the rogue set.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
@Conflation
Nice gear..*Looks to dem sexy feat, rings, and fantastic Trinks*<3
Edited by Totemspawn on 10/3/2012 9:43 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Id love for this to happen, by the way if possible a set bonus for WW could be every stack of tiger power increases pvp power by 10 per stack

Mistweaver could be each stack of tiger power increases the power of renewing mist and uplift by 10% per stack.

just some ideas to throw out
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
All they'd need to do is change the druid/rogue PvP gear to have monk-flavored set bonuses. Not too hard, I'd think.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]