Anybody else totally miserable leveling?

90 Troll Druid
I hate dps. Hate it. HATE it.

Just keybinding my disc priest with a shadow spec for leveling almost made me delete the game. Does anybody else just despise playing dps this much? I literally log in, do 1 quest, log out.

Why can't I level as a healer? (Yes, I could wait 10 min on dungeon queues but I'm not going to sign up for hours of sit around and wait.) Give me a retarded NPC dps that kills quest mobs, pulls to much, ignores my mana.

Seriously, that would be miles more fun than making me rebind, reglyph, and dps stuff. Hate. Already deleted my shaman in disgust.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
So, perhaps you don't know this, but it's entirely possible to level as Disc.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
You know, I looked at this and thought "No, surely not" and then I logged in and saw my character and was like "I hate playing right now SO much." My reason is completely different though, and far less reasonable. I simply hate not having my transmog gear. Yes, it's vanity. But I'm a blood elf, and we care about these things.

I'm not a fan of being DPS. I'm currently Ret to see if it makes levelling faster, but it still feels stupid. Also, I feel stupid when I die. 6 or 7 mobs on me in Prot/Holy, I laugh in their general direction. 3/4 mobs on me in Ret and I run squealing like a pig. A very manly pig, of course.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I feel the same way; though my reasons are technical, for some reason my game keeps crashing....its frustrating as hell and usually takes a while to recover; meanwhile my rhythm is completely destroyed in the process. Currently taking the evening off(had dinner with family) to relax.

Though more to the point; leveling as a healing spec isn't That bad, you just need to keep your abilities in mind and use them appropriately; I actually have more issues with this because I level as Guardian, can pull 8-10 things, then spend the next 5 min trying to kill them all(seriously, Lacerate needs to do about Double its current damage), which just slows things down absurdly.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
09/27/2012 07:47 PMPosted by Elethia

It is.

I don't hate myself enough to try that.

I tried leveling in a group. I have stories now. Stories. -_-
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
09/27/2012 09:41 PMPosted by Tiriél

It is.

They meant leveling solo as Disc. It's a bit sluggish, but doable. Main problem I had was tagging mobs in the zerg of people in Jade Forest. Switched to Shadow, been having a pretty decent time since then. DP basically one-shots things.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
It is.

Well, I leveled Elly on beta as solo-Disc (after they raised the experience necessary) and really didn't have any problems. It's a bit slower than Shadow, but certainly strong enough that it's a viable alternative.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
It is.

Well, I leveled Elly on beta as solo-Disc (after they raised the experience necessary) and really didn't have any problems. It's a bit slower than Shadow, but certainly strong enough that it's a viable alternative.

Shadow was already too slow. :-\
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Tried to kill some lvl 86 quest mobs while I waited in queue for normal dungeon, as Resto. I... could not get past killing more than one mob before I opted to just sit afk until queue.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest

Really?

I've been breezing along as Shadow, given the time I've had to play (work and other commitments have kept me from surging), and the realm first priests were very quick.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
09/27/2012 11:21 PMPosted by Korghal
Tried to kill some lvl 86 quest mobs while I waited in queue for normal dungeon, as Resto. I... could not get past killing more than one mob before I opted to just sit afk until queue.
Doing anything offensive as Resto Sham is currently agonizing.

Priest & Pally feel great, imo. Pew pew. Monk is Monk. RDruid can do pretty awesome in Cat Form now.

But RSham... gawd. I love my Shammy. I love her. But Resto's gimp-o-matic damage output atm is driving me up the wall. <stares at Lightning Bolt cast bar that feels 9 seconds long, and sepuukus>
Edited by Cole on 9/27/2012 11:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
09/27/2012 11:23 PMPosted by Elethia

Really?

I've been breezing along as Shadow, given the time I've had to play (work and other commitments have kept me from surging), and the realm first priests were very quick.

Yeah, I haven't had many issues.

Part of that might be the T12 2-piece, which has my Mindbender cooldown down to 36 seconds. Thing can nearly solo an even-level mob.

It might also be Jade Forest. I remember Krasarang being a nightmare in the beta because mob health pools in there were oddly inflated (mobs in there typically had more health than mobs I found in Kun-Lai, in addition to being so densely mob-packed and difficult to navigate that a comparison to ye olde STV isn't a stretch).
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
Really? I think Shadow is an absolute joy to play right now. I would level as Shadow 1000 times before I'd even consider trying to do it as Disc.

You only need 7 new keybinds: VT, SWP, SWD, DP, MF, MB, MSpike. Maybe 8 if you don't already bind MSear. Swap them in where you bind Heal, GHeal, Binding Heal, AA, Penance, Smite, HF, and PoH. Keep the rest (PoM, Renew, PWS, FHeal, Shadowfiend, assorted utilities) in place.

Get Inline Aura for an easy out-of-the-box dot tracker so you don't have to worry about Power Auras etc.

Spec B&S, DI, and FDCL. Glyph Reflective Shield and Dark Binding.

Put up VT and SWP. MB on CD, spam Mind Flay, and mash buttons that light up.

That is all you need to know about Shadow.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Spec B&S
pfffft. The strong wield Angelic Feathers!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
09/27/2012 11:23 PMPosted by Elethia

Really?

It just felt like I was taking forever to kill things. Granted, I kept my T13 4pc simply because I didn't have anything else to really swap to. My trinkets were also pretty terrible.

Then again...I have yet to see a trinket from a quest that I like beyond the static spirit trinket I got somewhere in Townlong Steppes.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Leveling as discipline didn't seem so bad. Couldn't efficiently aoe mobs down but survival was never an issue.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
God, I absolutely hated it. Well, I enjoy questing just not on my main who is a Resto Druid. I really do not care for the other specs so it's always a PITA when I have to dps. This toon here is purely dps so I imagine I'll have a lot more fun killing things since I enjoy the spec.
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Warlock
I'm leveling a dps'er because I dislike ret so much. As for my healer because I love healing so much, I'm trying monk out to see if I enjoy the dps side of the class and the healing side of the class.

Priests feel good to me, but I like casters - not melee. Druid's boomkins are meh. Elemental is meh. And cat/ret is nearly unbearable to me.
Reply Quote
20 Night Elf Druid
09/28/2012 02:00 AMPosted by Chavy
Leveling as discipline didn't seem so bad. Couldn't efficiently aoe mobs down but survival was never an issue.

Mind Sear.

In any case, Discipline is one of the easiest specs in the game to level (it's certainly the easiest one for Priests). Take Twist of Fate. Take glyphs of Holy Fire/Smite. Do not take the Glyph of Penance. Then just Penance -> Holy Fire -> Smite/Smite/Smite, rinse and repeat (the rotation isn't quite this simple since Penance cools down faster than Holy Fire).

The self-healing will overcome virtually any incoming damage. The damage isn't particularly stellar, but it doesn't need to be. You end every fight at full health and just move immediately to the next fight. You don't need to think about whether to use DoT or debuffs. You just run your nuke rotation.

About the only thing in the game less skill-intensive than leveling as Discipline is leveling your Fishing.

If you want to complain about leveling as a healer, play a Resto Druid.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
You know, I looked at this and thought "No, surely not" and then I logged in and saw my character and was like "I hate playing right now SO much." My reason is completely different though, and far less reasonable. I simply hate not having my transmog gear. Yes, it's vanity. But I'm a blood elf, and we care about these things.

I'm not a fan of being DPS. I'm currently Ret to see if it makes levelling faster, but it still feels stupid. Also, I feel stupid when I die. 6 or 7 mobs on me in Prot/Holy, I laugh in their general direction. 3/4 mobs on me in Ret and I run squealing like a pig. A very manly pig, of course.

I never equipped a new piece of gear without transmogging it first except my belt.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]