Anybody else totally miserable leveling?

90 Human Priest
Sin
U don't need to put much effort in at all to leveling with shadow, u can keep grabbing healing pieces as you level and you won't get f*d on hit cuz of your passive that converts spirit to hit. Also mana can be dealt with if you keep vampiric touch up. u really shouldn be ooming while leveling with a dps. Just run quests while you que up to dungeons and swap to heal talents when que pops. Not that hard.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
yes i hate it. I dont like dps and whoever said lvl as disc .. that !@#$ would take forever. I wish they made it so the dungeons lvl'd u as fast or faster than questing.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
09/28/2012 05:26 AMPosted by Calaris
Leveling as discipline didn't seem so bad. Couldn't efficiently aoe mobs down but survival was never an issue.

Mind Sear.

ahaahahaha
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
09/28/2012 10:50 AMPosted by Chavy
ahaahahaha

Yeah, I lol'd.

Mind Sear is horrible for Disc since it's balanced around Shadow's Mastery (Shadowy Recall).
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
For the record, Mind Sear is also terrible for Shadow. At least for any number of mobs that you're ever likely to try to kill solo.

The correct way to kill multiple mobs as Shadow is to multidot while attempting to keep up with the procs.

This also applies to killing a single mob, which will be faster if you can dot up a second. (Chainpull FTW.)
Edited by Kaels on 9/28/2012 11:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
For the record, Mind Sear is also terrible for Shadow.

The correct way to kill multiple mobs as Shadow is to multidot while attempting to keep up with the procs.

Yeah, I've been questing as Shadow and haven't found many times where Mind Sear seems like the correct choice. It sucks though, my Frost DK friend can just Howling Blast a mob once and they're all dead, I literally spend over 5x longer on AoE mobs than him. :/
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
09/28/2012 11:08 AMPosted by Qùess
Yeah, I've been questing as Shadow and haven't found many times where Mind Sear seems like the correct choice. It sucks though, my Frost DK friend can just Howling Blast a mob once and they're all dead, I literally spend over 5x longer on AoE mobs than him. :/

Just keep moving. For low-health groups of 4-5, just SWP them all on the run while you head for the next big mob, kill it while they die (you can also Mind Sear off it between procs).

For smaller numbers of mobs with more health, put up both dots, then kill one at a time. You can start running for a new one as soon as you get the one you're working on below 50% or so. This is what makes B&S great.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I don't like leveling either. Wish to press level 90 button prz. :3
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
09/27/2012 11:26 PMPosted by Cole
Tried to kill some lvl 86 quest mobs while I waited in queue for normal dungeon, as Resto. I... could not get past killing more than one mob before I opted to just sit afk until queue.
Doing anything offensive as Resto Sham is currently agonizing.

Priest & Pally feel great, imo. Pew pew. Monk is Monk. RDruid can do pretty awesome in Cat Form now.

But RSham... gawd. I love my Shammy. I love her. But Resto's gimp-o-matic damage output atm is driving me up the wall. <stares at Lightning Bolt cast bar that feels 9 seconds long, and sepuukus>

This. I'm lucky enough to be leveling with a tank though :p but when I run off to pick herbs and get aggro, I always just drag it back to him. Much easier than spending twenty billion hours trying to kill it myself.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
I hated Dread Waste so much I'm not sure I can level my pally, druid, monk, and shaman =P It takes so dang long to kill 1 mob I wanted to pull my eyeballs out.
Reply Quote
09/27/2012 10:35 PMPosted by Elethia
Well, I leveled Elly on beta as solo-Disc (after they raised the experience necessary) and really didn't have any problems. It's a bit slower than Shadow, but certainly strong enough that it's a viable alternative.

I levelled as disc! :) I did swap to shadow for a little bit to see if it was faster, and it *may* have been, but to be honest.. I HATE shadow so I switched back.

I did the 4 levelling dungeons once each (for quests) and the rest was standard-fare questing. It's really not that bad.

I hated Dread Waste so much I'm not sure I can level my pally, druid, monk, and shaman =P It takes so dang long to kill 1 mob I wanted to pull my eyeballs out.

Really? I found Dread Wastes to be the fastest as disc (even faster, imho, than Shadow would have been)... once I got the bladeturning thing (which was pretty early in) I just had to keep myself shielded and them hitting me would see them dead. :P

edit: Also have reflective shield glyphed for extra oomph.

edit; AHA! I see you are shadow...you should have respecced disc. ;)
Edited by Morenn on 9/28/2012 11:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
No you misunderstand me, I was disc and got shadow so it'd be faster. It was slow compared to to my guildies =p Watch a DK or a mage or hunter...AOE packs of quest mobs...grrr.

Pull those bugs in that one temple, at least 10 of them, and solo AOE them and see how you do ;)
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Priest
mash buttons that light up.

That is all you need to know about Shadow.

I have a bottle of wine and faith in you (no priest pun intended). LET'S DO THIS!
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
For the record, Mind Sear is also terrible for Shadow. At least for any number of mobs that you're ever likely to try to kill solo.

This also applies to killing a single mob, which will be faster if you can dot up a second. (Chainpull FTW.)

That's how I farmed cloth in Nectarbreeze. I just ran around tagging as many as I could feasibly kill, then Void Tendriled them, then went to town with all the glorious procs.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Leveling as a holy paladin I found to be fairly rough. The first zone wasn't too bad, then as I did expect but was still /sadface to find, the mobs healths began to increase drastically but my damage felt like it was actually decreasing. Luckily I was leveling with my rogue friend so we could make retardedly large pulls and I could at least feel useful.

But bar none the worst thing and I really do hate blizzard for this is there are a gabillion quests that not require but are much, much harder by not having an aoe. Having none (lol 50 damage seal of the righteous) it was excrutiating. Pretty much anytime I got attacked by a group of more than 3 mobs I'd just run away because it's just not even worth it. By the end I was getting very frustrated and have tentatively vowed not to level any of my other 4 healers in heal spec, which I guess was their intention.
Reply Quote
96 Undead Monk
I fully intend on leveling off of nothing but dungeons, scenarios (do they give decent exp? I don't know...), pet battle quests, and archaeology. I hate questing, even more so on healers. It's not just that the damage is slow, but on top of that, the "rotations" are all really boring. I also don't like any of the hybrid DPS specs. If I do the MoP quests ever, it will be on my Mage.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
09/28/2012 02:00 AMPosted by Chavy
Leveling as discipline didn't seem so bad. Couldn't efficiently aoe mobs down but survival was never an issue.

I decided to quest as Disc between queue pops, and found it wasn't too bad, either. And I can still watch my movie if I get extra mobs, because they can't do any noticeable damage through Disc absorbs. :)
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
So tired of leveling. Yes I have a kitty spec. I still hate leveling so much I took a break this morning to do the dishes because the breakfast dishes were more appealing.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Ok. As much as I enjoyed Shadow, I am having an utterly miserable time leveling as Ret. I don't know what I'm doing, the rotation doesn't seem to make any sense (why the hell are there these weird 4-second gaps where I literally can't do anything? Am I missing a button? WTF), and I miss Body&Soul.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Oh lawd, I can't stand questing. I get so frustrated leveling but I'm so close. It's the most painful carrot on a stick ever.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]