Random crash and connection errors; android

90 Pandaren Shaman
I'm having issues where the app will randomly crash upon start, or simply crash when attempting to access any features (like viewing my character's profile, guild chat, etc). Sometimes it gives me a connection error upon logging in, and hitting "retry" will crash the app about half the time, or actually log me in the other half.

In addition, I'm not getting a 3D model on my panda, though the button is there, and I can view the 3D models of other characters/races just fine. It says it's loading, and then simply no model appears. Trying to view the animations on the "pop out" screen crashes the app (obviously).

Device: Tmobile Sidekick 4G
App Version: 5.0.0

Tried reinstalling app, no dice. Restarting phone also did not work.

I did try searching, so apologies if I missed something and this is a known issue. All I could find was an old thread from May about pre-2.3 Android connection issues.
Edited by Garofalo on 9/25/2012 12:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Quality Assurance
Thank you for the report. We'll look into this issue for you. In the meantime, can you try upgrading your OS to the latest and greatest, if possible? Most of the Android crashes encountered recently have stopped occurring when the device was updated.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
It says I'm using the latest firmware when I go into my "about phone" section. Is there another way to update?
Reply Quote
Quality Assurance
09/25/2012 05:06 PMPosted by Garofalo
It says I'm using the latest firmware when I go into my "about phone" section. Is there another way to update?

You may wish to contact your device's technical support or speak with your carrier to see if they have another method for upgrading your OS.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
I am having the same problem everytime I try to use guild chat on mydriod 4, I have the latest version of the OS installed and it doesn't do it with any other apps which means for me it is a problem wiht the WoW armory app.
Reply Quote
Quality Assurance
10/09/2012 08:26 PMPosted by Eresona
I am having the same problem everytime I try to use guild chat on mydriod 4, I have the latest version of the OS installed and it doesn't do it with any other apps which means for me it is a problem wiht the WoW armory app.

Can you describe what leads up to these crashes; the order of actions that you're performing?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]