Item Clarification?

100 Undead Death Knight
Req
So while I was doing the fishing dailies, I came across the Bone Fishing Pole. It was a pretty cool item that was of use and it showed off the theme of the Scourge in a fishing pole. After thinking about it though I realized that if the Scourge needed access to the ocean life or to the water itself that they could easily kill some fish and convert them to do their bidding so it begs the question why would they use a primitive technology such as a fishing pole for their tasks. Yes I know that this item was probably added in the game because it was cool more than anything else but I want to hear of anyone else's ideas of a lore background behind this. What do you think this item's area of origin is and the purpose of the creation of the device?

My current ideas behind it is that it might be a vrykul item that they created, or perhaps that in order to help out the vrykul they used it to encourage more people to join the Scourge but it's still half-fleshed out ideas anyways.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Warrior
Someone made a fishing pole with bits of whatever was lying around, and bones are in large supply in Northrend.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Death Knight
Req
09/25/2012 10:29 PMPosted by Vegdrasil
Someone made a fishing pole with bits of whatever was lying around, and bones are in large supply in Northrend.
If that's true then why does it have the Scourge's theme to it? Just as an fyi, this is a picture of it: http://www.wowpedia.org/File:Bone_Fishing_Pole.jpg?c=1
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
i got that for two toons from UC fishing quests.

I got the jewled fishing pole in Dalaran and it looks kinda Belf-ish.

If Dalaran quests give random fishing poles then maybe each race has one to get from the daily in each city.
Edited by Jacksprat on 9/25/2012 10:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Warrior
09/25/2012 10:31 PMPosted by Vynathlon
If that's true then why does it have the Scourge's theme to it? Just as an fyi, this is a picture of it: http://www.wowpedia.org/File:Bone_Fishing_Pole.jpg?c=1
There's plenty of dead Scourge in Northrend, too.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Death Knight
Req
i got that for two toons from UC fishing quests.

I got the jewled fishing pole in Dalaran and it looks kinda Belf-ish.

If Dalaran quests give random fishing poles then maybe each race has one to get from the daily in each city.
nope those are the only two race fishing poles, aside from the Dwarven Fishing Pole and the Goblin Fishing Pole
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
nope those are the only two race fishing poles, aside from the Dwarven Fishing Pole and the Goblin Fishing Pole

You just informed me that I wasted many many many hours in all my toons racial capitols. And my theory was confirmed by both my Forsaken fishing in UC. No poles for my other toons in their capitols.

/shake fist

edit: on the bright side, luck ensured that they both got their RP fishing poles.
Edited by Jacksprat on 9/25/2012 10:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]