How are monks in PvP? Weapon Types?

Hey guys, I couldn't really seem to find a clear definitive answer to this question but:

How are monks in PvP? specifically BrM and WW?

Also what Weapon types are the best right now?

Simple answers are welcome too. From what I understand people have been arguing about rotation and complexity, I just want to know if they straight out do well and can hold there own compared to other classes.

I was also curious about weapon type. I've been using fist weapons/duel wielding anything from axes to maces to swords for WW Spec. What would you guys say is the best for a Wind Walker? For that matter maybe we can get a few people to list the pro's and con's of all weapon types so no one has to look all over for a answer :)

Thanks ahead of time!
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Hunters are 1 shotting me pretty much. other than that I can compete 1vs1 with everyone. Love chasing people down. Damage doesn't seem great but maybe it will get better. I hit 100k rising sunkicks now,
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Pretty poorly...dont even ask...just dont
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
It didn't change much in beta sadly, so the short story is you can make it work but any other class would be better, noticeably. Monks have no ability to withstand heavy periods of damage and/or cc.

For now, it's mainly a PvE class unless you're a masochist.
Reply Quote
13 Pandaren Monk
It didn't change much in beta sadly, so the short story is you can make it work but any other class would be better, noticeably. Monks have no ability to withstand heavy periods of damage and/or cc.

For now, it's mainly a PvE class unless you're a masochist.

I played a Hunter and loved PvP since release, I doubt Monk can be much worse than they were after BC hit. D:
Edited by Om on 9/26/2012 4:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
43 Blood Elf Monk
Meh I enjoy the healing aspect in BG's but competitively in Arena? Probably not too good. Doesn't matter to me though as I don't plan to PVP much with this character.
Reply Quote
86 Gnome Mage
My dps monk dies so quickly in BGs :( I was really excited for this class but it just isn't made for pvp
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
Monks are due for a large chain of buffs in regards to WW.
Reply Quote
44 Pandaren Monk
Good, let those buffs come.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]