Why can't hunters disengage out of combat?

90 Pandaren Monk
I thought I remember doing this on my hunter to make traveling around the map slightly easier.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
They said it was so hunters didn't spend the entire time Disengaging around cities.

Then the next expansion, warriors got Heroic Leap.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
09/27/2012 05:04 AMPosted by Itarater

LOL
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
09/27/2012 05:07 AMPosted by Ironrain

LOL

IMO - Blink should only be usable in combat.

But it is because we can now climb on top of those mountains that other classes can't. You know, the ones that people fly over on their mounts now.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
09/27/2012 05:04 AMPosted by Itarater
They said it was so hunters didn't spend the entire time Disengaging around cities.

My monk can roll twice (with a 50% MS buff after doing it) and then flying kick 100 yards.

Doesn't seem like it would be that big of a deal.

pretty sure we could never disengage out of combat

Naw. I definitely remember doing it. I used to use it to help mitigate fall damage by hopping off my flying mount and disengage right before I hit the ground (like how mages do with slow fall )
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
It was something they added in to help prevent exploiting when WotLK came out. They didn't want hunters disengaging in Kalimdor all over the place because most of the world was still only half made.

That's why they delayed heroic leap when it was originally supposed to come out in the WotLK beta. They had to redesign it so that warriors couldn't exploit.

Fun fact though if you ever want to disengage anywhere and you can't find a way to get in combat. Water Striders have no CD on their Water Walking buff, so you can use Mend Pet and Surface Trot to trade combat status back and forth between you and your pet until you get to where you want to disengage from.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
09/27/2012 11:08 AMPosted by Guandao

My monk can roll twice (with a 50% MS buff after doing it) and then flying kick 100 yards.

Doesn't seem like it would be that big of a deal.

pretty sure we could never disengage out of combat

Naw. I definitely remember doing it. I used to use it to help mitigate fall damage by hopping off my flying mount and disengage right before I hit the ground (like how mages do with slow fall )

You've never been able to do it. I used to shoot things before i hit the ground then I would disengage.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]