Expertise for casters

100 Human Mage
I thought I remembered hearing about it working for us now in MoP...did they follow through with that? >.>
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
09/26/2012 08:24 PMPosted by Ghobe
I thought I remembered hearing about it working for us now in MoP...did they follow through with that? >.>

Hunters, yes. Us, no. (Thank all that is holy)

We just have a higher hitcap than physical players do.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage
Expertise converts into spell hit automagically, stack it and see how it works for ya... Not that you'll find a single cloth item with expertise...
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
Well I was asking because I got a trinket from an engineering guildie and told him to put crit hit and expertise in it(so if it's perfect convert that's 1200 hit right? xP)...anyways I ran a test on my turnip...about 500 casts 1.22% chance to miss boss mobs, 2.23% expertise....no misses. So yay?

EDIT: You can also get expertise from weapon type and racial ability.
Edited by Ghobe on 9/26/2012 8:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage
The expertise you can get from say the gnome or human racial is actually significant. If a dagger/off sim about the same as a staff not counting racials, gnomes will want the dagger just because that expertise converts to spell hit. It's like getting a bonus secondary stat- maybe not as strong as a worgen or goblin, but still very nice.
Reply Quote
I got frostborn wristwraps in raid and it is cloth with random enchantment i got expertise for my random enchantment
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
You can reforge into it and get spell hit.

Nice if you have a piece with hit on it already you can just reforge to exp and get more hit.
Reply Quote
Geez... What's up with necroing all these threads lately?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]