Ascendance

90 Dwarf Shaman
I'm not one to complain, I absolutely LOVE this spell, but by the time I pop it with Elemental Mastery and cast Flame Shock, the spell only has like 10 seconds left and goes by EXTREMELY fast. Could just be me, and I understand it has to be short because of how powerful it is.. but I mean don't you think it's a little TOO short? I'd say 30 seconds with 3 min cooldown would be a little more fair.
I'd like your opinions as well!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
use flame shock before you pop ascendance
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
EM is not on the GCD. Macro them together.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
09/27/2012 10:40 AMPosted by Killahkev

09/27/2012 10:40 AMPosted by Liax

Ascendance should be the last thing you do before spamming the hell out of Lava Burst.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Flame Shock -> Lava Burst (Ascendance resets the LvB cd so you get a free Lava Burst by putting it on cd before activating Ascendance) -> Ascendance/EM macro'd into 1 button (both are off the GCD) -> LvB spam for 15 seconds. Should be able to get full use out of Ascendance in that way. Drop any fire totem you need to right before or at the beginning of combat as they'll assist you now.

It's fine as it is imo. It's an extremely strong cd at 15 seconds and to bump it up to 30s/3 minutes as you suggest would make it just flat out too good.
Edited by Gistwiki on 9/27/2012 11:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I ALWAYS pop flame shock and drop searing totems at the start of an encounter then proceed with popping CDs accordingly. I also took my talent from elemental mastery and put it into Echo of the elements and I've noticed lava surge seems to proc somewhat often even with lava surge.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
I was excited when i first read about Ascendance. Then when I got it yesterday i was sadden when i turn into one those evil elemental beings. I was kinda hoping that it would stick out and say "Shaman", like a shaman cross between a Arcon from Starcraft.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
Awesome info thank you all very much
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
09/27/2012 10:40 AMPosted by Killahkev

09/27/2012 10:40 AMPosted by Liax
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
if they were to buff it mabey 20 sec cause 30 sounds to long, but im very happy with 15 its a great cd
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
When I (an herbalist troll) use Ascendance as a single target cooldown, I tend to use a macro similar to the following:

#showtooltip Ascendance
/cast spiritwalker's grace
/cast ascendance
/cast lifeblood
/cast berserking
/cast lava burst

[Lifeblood is the Herbalists' haste buff. Berserking is the Troll buff.]

I don't usually play with Elemental Mastery due to having other sources of on demand haste, but if I did then I could just slide that into the macro anywhere after the showtooltip line and before the lava burst one. If you had active trinkets, you could macro them in there, too.

Putting Spiritwalker's Grace with Ascendance means that I don't lose out on any of my Lava Burst spam due to movement. Putting the haste effects with it boosts the contribution. Capping it with Lava Burst (the only spell in the macro on the GCD) means that I immediately begin my single target DPS.

No, Ascendance is not activated every time I use Lava Burst; I have a separate Lava Burst button. But as of now, being able to seamlessly begin the Lava Burst spam is a good thing.

You can also macro Bloodlust and Stormlash Totem together. Bloodlust is off of the GCD but Stormlash Totem is not.

#showtooltip Bloodlust
/cast Bloodlust
/cast Stormlash Totem

Saves some press time.

Usually, when I really, really want to burn something, I press Flame Shock, then I Lava Burst with the normal spell, then I drop a Fire Elemental Totem, and then I do my Bloodlust and Stormlash macro, and that's all followed by my Ascendance macro. Since the Ascendance Macro ends in Lava Burst, I am able to spam the macro button for the first few Lava Bursts without missing a beat. I then transition to using the regular Lava Burst.

I hope this helps.
Edited by Bosako on 9/27/2012 11:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
91 Tauren Shaman
09/27/2012 10:44 AMPosted by Gistwiki
Flame Shock -> Lava Burst (Ascendance resets the LvB cd so you get a free Lava Burst by putting it on cd before activating Ascendance) -> Ascendance/EM macro'd into 1 button (both are off the GCD) -> LvB spam for 15 seconds.

09/27/2012 08:25 PMPosted by Bosako
Putting Spiritwalker's Grace with Ascendance means that I don't lose out on any of my Lava Burst spam due to movement.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Normally for me I would Elemental Blast followed by Bloodlust + Stormlash + Berserking then drop a Flame Shock followed by Lava Burst before going into Ascendance and spam Lava Burst. If I happen to be lucky on Elemental Blast giving Haste/Mastery I'll be a total Lava Machine Gun. Yes I prefer Echo of Elements as my Berserking replaces Elemental Mastery.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I'm not one to complain, I absolutely LOVE this spell, but by the time I pop it with Elemental Mastery and cast Flame Shock, the spell only has like 10 seconds left and goes by EXTREMELY fast. Could just be me, and I understand it has to be short because of how powerful it is.. but I mean don't you think it's a little TOO short? I'd say 30 seconds with 3 min cooldown would be a little more fair.
I'd like your opinions as well!

It's pretty much the duration of an unglyphed FS. Which is pretty much perfect imo. Can straight LvBurst spam before having to reapply FS.

It's really awesome. My only caveat is that it is a MUCH bigger single target CD than AoE one.
Reply Quote
92 Tauren Shaman
Ascendance is amazing, especially as enhancement :) I just wish I could Lava Lash and have increased range on my shock spells while in Ascendance. Those are my only gripes. This spell cures the whole 'HEY MELEE GTFO OR YOU'LL DIE' part of boss fights, and still allows us to DPS =D

And being able to autoattack from far away..

*Looks at mage from the distance*

You think you're safe because you froze me and blinked away? BWAHAHAHAHAHA.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Finally we get a good dps cooldown to use
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]