Hanging up my daggers, time to heal :(

90 Undead Rogue
I have been asked by my guildies to heal this next expansion with my Druid. (he is around 80 from leveling a friend via RaF). I have played my rogue for over 5 years and only played my rogue in every raid/dungeon/BG/arena since I first installed WoW. Hell I even got custom license plates on my truck that say GWELLIN.

I guess they figure getting my pretty orange daggers is the pinnacle of what I should achieve and now I should give back some of that generocity to the guild by playing a healer so someone else can DPS. But I got to thinking, isn't playing a rogue the most selfish class in the game anyways. How can I put down these daggers? Please someone put me out of my missery....
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I don't know who you are.
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
Tricks of the Trade, the most selfless buff ever.

Just play what you want to. Guild shouldn't dictate what you should play. This is a game for you to enjoy after all (unless you're a hard core progressive guild.)
Edited by Creepercat on 9/27/2012 12:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
Your guild that important to you?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Guild shouldn't dictate what you should play..)

Normally I would agree with this but, EVERYONE in my guild is a real life friend that we all grew up together.
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
09/27/2012 12:50 PMPosted by Gwellin
Guild shouldn't dictate what you should play..)

Normally I would agree with this but, EVERYONE in my guild is a real life friend that we all grew up together.

What's the reason for changing anyway?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue

Some of my friends who have been healing forever want to DPS, because DPS is "much funner" to do. So they are asking me and another person (hunter) to heal with some alts, who will be our mains I guess for this entire expansion.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
Hey, it's all about priorities. So long as you know your options and you're going the route that will make you happiest, then you've got no need for regrets.

And the game is always a' changin. No telling when you might get another chance to bust out those daggers in a raid environment; keep 'em sharp and ready.
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue

Some of my friends who have been healing forever want to DPS, because DPS is "much funner" to do. So they are asking me and another person (hunter) to heal with some alts, who will be our mains I guess for this entire expansion.

I still say if you don't want to, you shouldn't. Friends should and probably would respect your decision.

You guys could always make an alt run like our guild.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
09/27/2012 01:00 PMPosted by Rfeann
No telling when you might get another chance to bust out those daggers in a raid environment; keep 'em sharp and ready.

Good advice. I will still be playing my rogue just not on raid night with my guild. There is still going to be a time when somebody doesn't show up and we can pug in a healer. With LFR being available all over now it will even make keeping my rogue up to date even easier.
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
09/27/2012 12:46 PMPosted by Creepercat
This is a game for you to enjoy

Why do I keep quoting it? So it can get stuck in your head.. People tend to forget this..
Reply Quote
My guild wanted me to Shadow Priest.

Yesterday I have a very delightful conversation with my GM about playing my rogue.

Long story short, LFG
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Rogue
My guild wanted me to Shadow Priest.

Yesterday I have a very delightful conversation with my GM about playing my rogue.

Long story short, LFG

We're looking for another rogue for the roster if you're willing to go horde and push 90 asap. >>
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I had the same thing happen to me.

Let my guild convince me to play my DK in Cata to tank and leave my rogue in the dust.

Still regret it. I don't think she's ever recovered.

Think it over really thoroughly before you shove your rogue off into the shadows. Really thoroughly.
Reply Quote
41 Pandaren Monk
The answer is simple. Level a Fistweaver. It's as close as you'll ever get to a healer Rogue unless Blizzard ever decides to add magical healing shivs. (Please add magical healing shivs, Blizzard.)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]