how did you end up on this server

87 Human Death Knight
so i am just curious but how did u end up on this server. (yes i know the toon in my porfile says i am from whisperwind and u may asking why do i care. well because i just started a new toon there and i was just curious what made other people start on this server)
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
The realm I left was basically dying in terms of progression raiding. I came here because it was and still is the number 1 PVE and EST server. I happen to live on the US East coast so this realm was a good fit for my work schedule. Reason I stayed here is there is a lot of quality raiders on this realm and quality guilds.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Aliens
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Same as Avelade I guess. Realm was dying off and had always heard that Stormrage was a great server so took the plunge and luckily I didn't sink :D
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Same reason as the others, Moonrunner was dying...taking its last miserable breath.... So I just looked up wow realm populations and saw that this was the highest Alliance PvE populated server and hopped onto it.
Reply Quote
87 Human Death Knight
looks like all of u had the same reasons for coming to this server that i did :) i just hope i can have as much good luck finding guilds and making friends as you have :)
Reply Quote
88 Undead Hunter
My brother in law was here, and he got me into playing.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Same as many here, previous server was slowly dying, also helped to find a raid that matched my slightly odd available time.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
09/28/2012 10:49 AMPosted by Amydk
looks like all of u had the same reasons for coming to this server that i did :) i just hope i can have as much good luck finding guilds and making friends as you have :)

Amydk, I have a very large active guild with 21 raid teams. Some raid teams are casual, some are semi hardcore, and some are hardcore. The teams all have varying schedules. I have all the raid schedules and recruiting needs posted on our website homepage. Check our homepage at http://opponent-guild.com if interested and if you see something you like or that's a good fit for your raid availability, apply on the website or look me up ingame.

We do have a 2nd level 25 guild, Opponent II or casual members and alts. So if you would like a home to just sit in while you review other guilds, you're more than welcome into Opponent II if you prefer that instead.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
friends moved to this server. I got back into the game a bit after they moved, so I just follwed (also glad I did, prev server I was on was just too low a pop).
Reply Quote
87 Human Death Knight
09/28/2012 11:39 AMPosted by Avelade

Amydk, I have a very large active guild with 21 raid teams. Some raid teams are casual, some are semi hardcore, and some are hardcore. The teams all have varying schedules. I have all the raid schedules and recruiting needs posted on our website homepage. Check our homepage at http://opponent-guild.com if interested and if you see something you like or that's a good fit for your raid availability, apply on the website or look me up ingame.

We do have a 2nd level 25 guild, Opponent II or casual members and alts. So if you would like a home to just sit in while you review other guilds, you're more than welcome into Opponent II if you prefer that instead.

thanks i appercaite that alot thats really nice of you to offer right now i just kind of want to make friends and meet new people to be honest i am stil in my 30s right now. but i am getting up there :)
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
:) Met my boyfriend and he got me into WoW and he always played since Vanilla on this realm so when I made my first character, this one to be exact! I've never left! All of my characters are on here.

Only other realm I've been on with a character was Moonguard...but just to see the famous Goldshire Inn. Then I deleted that toon.

:D
Reply Quote
87 Human Death Knight
:) Met my boyfriend and he got me into WoW and he always played since Vanilla on this realm so when I made my first character, this one to be exact! I've never left! All of my characters are on here.

Only other realm I've been on with a character was Moonguard...but just to see the famous Goldshire Inn. Then I deleted that toon.

:D

awww how cute :D
Reply Quote
83 Tauren Druid
I ended up here because Black Dragonflight (which was like, #3 PvE server when I joined it) was almost completely dead. The raiders that were left couldn't clear crap. I went in search of a server to make a new start with my girlfriend on, and she wanted to play alliance, so I found the best looking alliance server I could find.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
A friend got me into the game during vanilla and he was on this server, so I followed and have been here ever since!
Edited by Factor on 10/1/2012 3:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
For several years i had interest in switching to a high pop server. I was tired of the servers where the few guilds that were in progression were either not recruiting or did not pug out content.

So, one day I ran into a group from this server, hit it off in the random with them and decided to check out the server.

Mostly friendly people. not as many elitists as one would think. Few trade trolls and fairly pug friendly.

Transfered my 3 mains here and have not regretted it.

AMYDK, if you need a healer or dps for some randoms look me up. I always like making new friends, especially on the same server...

that sounds cool i will be sure to look you up :)
Reply Quote
I've been on several different servers: Rexxar during BC, Area 52 in Wrath and Mal'Ganis during the early part of Cata. All of those were as Horde.

When I came back to the game after trying out SWTOR, I couldn't stand the trollfest Mal'Ganis had become. I checked my toons on Area 52, and the same story. Seemed all the Horde populations were just full of trolls and griefers.

When my old SWTOR GM contacted me about being a raid leader on Stormrage - an alliance server - I was skeptical at the time. As a Hordie-only, I had heard awful, childish things about the Alliance. Turns out, I couldn't have been more wrong.

There are fewer trolls, generally more helpful and patient people, and an atmosphere that vibes with my style of play. I haven't regretted it. Although I still call for 'Lust during raids, and my raiders never let me forget it.
Reply Quote
86 Draenei Hunter
to get off a sinking ship, 5th server for me all others where slowly dying so i ended up here lol
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
a friend said hey come play on this server

he is also the dos equis guy
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]