Patch 5.0 & MOP created bad fps & stutter

(Locked)

90 Tauren Paladin
Bumping. The game has my recommended settings at Ultra and then after about 20 minutes of playing the FPS will drop from 60+ consistently to below 20 and stay there till I restart WoW, rinse and repeat.
90 Night Elf Druid
I just got a new computer about 3 days ago, I have updated all my drivers and installed all the software I need and when I started WoW I noticed that when my camera is overhead and looking at the floor, I max out at about 170FPS. As I look up I start to go from 170 to 80 to 40 to 20 depending on what my view distance quality is set to. Everything is on high except the view distance now because of how much fps lag it causes, when its on low I usually get 30-60fps depending on how much I move. This just doesn't seem right why am I lagging so hard from view distance???
Also if it helps, I run other games like Skyrim on high everything with 0 problems, I get a very high steady FPS.

My old specs were
Dual Core Processor
4600 series Radeon HD
2 gigs of ram
500 watt (over 6 years old)
1TB hard Drive

I just upgraded to
i5-650 3.2GHz
Radeon 7870
8 gigs of RAM
520WATT PSU
1TB Hard Drive

~Nevaro
Edited by Nevaro on 10/1/2012 6:02 PM PDT
My FPS has been either 140 or 4 ever since Patch 5.0.4. Since MoP hit, I get 2-17 FPS while I am battling pets. When I am on my flying mount, it veers from triple-digits to the teens. All my graphics settings are currently on low or disabled. It used to be on "good" before 5.0.4 and I would always be at 60 FPS. Also, I have turned off all addons.
90 Orc Shaman
I'm at 100 fps constantly until I hit the new MoP areas, then it drops to almost nothing. If I go in an instance, I can play with all settings maxed. Same with the old world areas. It seems to be only the new continent where I have issues.
90 Human Priest
So the good news is that I have found people with the same issues that I am experiencing! The bad news is that there seems to be no response from Blizzard. I have put in numerous tickets. One person told me to run the DX and MS reports. I did that. However, none of my tickets are showing up, even in the past ticket area, so I have no way of sending the information in to Blizz. ::sigh:: This is ridiculous!
90 Night Elf Druid
I'm surprised there's no blue post on this thread yet, either they don't care or they don't know the fix...
90 Night Elf Rogue
A lot of good points being made here and after today im more inclined to think it is indeed at Blizzards end and they need to fix it.

A topic with my system specs in: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6759327051

I hope Blizzard sees and takes note of what's going on, I want to play the game i payed for (A collecters edition at that) without having to buy an entirely new machine. I have played since 2006/Vanilla and this is the first time issues have sprung up like this. FIX IT please Blizzard.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
7k world lag ftw?
90 Troll Mage
bump
40 Human Priest
The only places i am getting noticeable FPS drops are the vale of eternal blossoms, i have attributed this to the fog effect in this zone. I am not sure what graphics setting affects the fog, but when i just move the slider to low all FPS losses go away so i know it is graphics related and not due to many people in the zone doing daily quests.

Outside of this zone i do notice small FPS drops that i shouldnt be having (i am always pegged at 60 FPS vsync limit, but in some places i get a bit of stutter and it goes to 55-60). I never experienced any of this in cata in similar areas, i attribute these small FPS drops to MoP not being optimized yet.

I run a 2500k OC to 4.2, 8gb 1600mhz ram, nvidia gtx 465 for reference.
90 Human Rogue
I'm having FPS issues, too. Re-installed Windows 7 64 bit and World of Warcraft. I'm not running any other related apps/add ons. Just trying to keep a clean system. But my FPS is way below what I would expect for my machine.
90 Human Rogue
I have played WoW since just after the launch of BC...been playing hardcore ever since and ever since 5.0.4 and this lag issue started, I haven't played in weeks. Thought I would try it today and still can barely move. FPS was usually around 30-40 and now it's frozen at 7. 1-2 second delay in all keyboard or mouse actions...this is just stupid. Thinking about quitting if it doesn't get fixed soon....
90 Pandaren Monk
/signed. Thanks to the individual who pointed me here. I'll copy over the information from my thread.

Since MoP's release, I have been having massive lag spikes in dungeons where lots of AoE is being thrown around. My roommate, who uses the same custom UI that I do, is also having this experience.

We realize that there is a very high possibility of this being an addon issue, but since this problem only arises during dungeons, it make it very difficult for me to log off and disable each addon one by one to test which is causing the issue.

So I decided to ask the community if they had any news for me - have any of you had this issue and confirmed it to be addon related? If so, what addons did it for you? If not, is there anything else that can be done to solve this problem?

Any information is appreciated.

The addons I'm using are:
ArkInventory
Recount
Omen
Shadowed Unit Frames
Postal
Prat
TitanPanel
DBM
SexyMap
Mapster
GatherMate2
Bartender4
Masque
Aura Frames
Power Auras Classic
BTEX
LightHeaded
InFlight Taxi Timer
Quartz
OmniCC
QuestGuru
MoveAnything

(Yes, my ENTIRE UI is custom. No Blizzard frames for me!)
90 Orc Rogue
Come on blizzard! It's ridiculous we just want to play your beautiful game and you're not even responding to us?
Glad I pay 15$ a month for this GREAT service!
90 Tauren Paladin
/sign

It seems to be a connectivity issue to the servers. If you do a traceroute to any server, some may notice packet loss at the last several hops. Makes me wonder how I even stay connected.

But this is getting annoying. I hate that, after turning in a quest or messing with a setting, my framerate drops to 0, WoW stops responding, and I have to redo everything again. I usually don't get upset with bugs, but when it makes the game unplayable (literally), I get a but irritated.
8 Pandaren Shaman
Pre-Cata 140 fps on ultra
Post-Cata - 140-15 fps at anygivin time

There seems to be no consistency to it. Fps just drops when ever the game gets tired it seems.
90 Gnome Warlock
[/quote]It is not the quality of the systems. While not now the most up to date video card. I am using an NVIDIA GeForce 480 GTX, and others even higher level cards. My system is a 64 bit Windows 7 with high level dual core processors, 16 gig of RAM, a solid state hard drive (one of 3 hard drives), etc. I am a novice at computers, but I pay experts to build my system and keep it up to date. It is at Blizzard's end. I was playing at max everything in 25 man raids even with -0- problems until about Thursday.[/quote]

It's the quality of the systems. I had the same problems until I found the bottleneck in my system and upgraded. I was like I have a 460 nvidia, 8 gigs of ram it has to be the game.. I swapped out my amd 9600 (quad core 2.3?) for an amd 965 and my frame rates skyrocketed. If you actually paid experts to keep your system up to date they would have told you to swap whatever dual core you're using for a newer quad or better. I saw another guy saying he had an nvidia 9600... And you really don't know why your fps is so low? REALLY? I'd bet the rest of his system is as old as that card. With games like this whatever the min or recommended is, that's just for the game to run.
The BSOD and other crashes, set your compatability to win xp sp3, that might help.
90 Worgen Hunter
/signed

us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6713482204?page=1
Edited by Evanesco on 10/2/2012 1:39 PM PDT
90 Troll Mage
It is not the quality of the systems. While not now the most up to date video card. I am using an NVIDIA GeForce 480 GTX, and others even higher level cards. My system is a 64 bit Windows 7 with high level dual core processors, 16 gig of RAM, a solid state hard drive (one of 3 hard drives), etc. I am a novice at computers, but I pay experts to build my system and keep it up to date. It is at Blizzard's end. I was playing at max everything in 25 man raids even with -0- problems until about Thursday.[/quote]

It's the quality of the systems. I had the same problems until I found the bottleneck in my system and upgraded. I was like I have a 460 nvidia, 8 gigs of ram it has to be the game.. I swapped out my amd 9600 (quad core 2.3?) for an amd 965 and my frame rates skyrocketed. If you actually paid experts to keep your system up to date they would have told you to swap whatever dual core you're using for a newer quad or better. I saw another guy saying he had an nvidia 9600... And you really don't know why your fps is so low? REALLY? I'd bet the rest of his system is as old as that card. With games like this whatever the min or recommended is, that's just for the game to run.
The BSOD and other crashes, set your compatability to win xp sp3, that might help.[/quote]

Sorry bud, but in these cases, it is not the systems. explain that to me with my i5 2500 3.4quad 8gb ram and 6850 card ....or to those that have better than mine. Please read some of the actual complaints or responses. Help is greatly appreciated. But retreading on the same tried and true common fixes are not warranted here for this.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]