What spec with these slow weapons?

So say I have these 3 weapons:
Claws of Gekkan
Gao's Keg Tapper
Siege-Captain's Scimitar

What spec should I play? I'm currently playing Assassination in PvE, didn't want to go Combat this expac but are those weapons the most viable with Combat? I know lots has changed with poisons and weapons but not totally sure what that would mean in my situation.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
Assassination requires dual daggers.

If you want to use any of those, you'll need to go Combat.

On a side note, Sub does "work" with a slow, non-dagger mainhand, but you lose access to backstab which is your primary CP builder.
Reply Quote
91 Undead Rogue
Oh come ON!!
Reply Quote

On a side note, Sub does "work" with a slow, non-dagger mainhand, but you lose access to backstab which is your primary CP builder.

Alright thanks just making sure but I can use two slow weapons correct? Not one slow one fast..
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Vex

Alright thanks just making sure but I can use two slow weapons correct? Not one slow one fast..
Then not only would you lose Backstab, but you would lose poison procs. So, yes you can play Sub w/ a non-dagger main-hand; yes, you can play Sub w/ a non-dagger off-hand. However, each step of the way lowers your damage output.

09/29/2012 08:01 PMPosted by Backstabi

In all honesty, when two of our three specs have main abilities that say right on them: requires dagger(s), I don't even know how this is a question.
Edited by Caera on 9/29/2012 8:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
25 Draenei Priest
Am I the only one bothered by the fact that this rogue at one point had the legendary daggers and is now asking a question that is so simple?
Reply Quote
09/29/2012 09:01 PMPosted by Lailac
Am I the only one bothered by the fact that this rogue at one point had the legendary daggers and is now asking a question that is so simple?

Meh, wasn't sure if Combat would have been better with two slow weapons or if I should be keeping one of my fast weapons. Didn't know completely about the poison change so I thought I'd ask. Oh and those Legendaries were extremely easy to get if you didn't know...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Vex
09/29/2012 09:27 PMPosted by Drlenzyxx
prety sure blizzard changed it so speed of weapon doesnt matter for poisons
They didn't. In fact, they made it more important. PPM poisons no longer exist.
Reply Quote
10 Goblin Rogue
Waiting for the whoosh...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]