Elemental type seems rushed.

90 Pandaren Shaman
Elemental pets seemed to have been rushed, all those pets simply make no sense being grouped as such. This is not a "Elemental pets suck in battles!" thread. I'm simply pointing out that it seems like they didn't have time to make fire, water, earth types or something so they grouped them all.

Example: Elemental types take 50% more damage from Aquatic abilities.
So you're telling me that Water Waveling (the water elemental pet) is weak to water... okay.
And on top of that Terrible Turnip, Teldrassil Sproutingling, Singing Sunflower, Ruby Sapling, Crimson Lasher & Ammen Vale Lashing which are all FLOWERS/TREES that are "ELEMENTAL" type... are weak to WATER? This is just lazy.

If they wanted to do this "Elemental" type thing than it should've been that Elemental is weak to Magic or Dragon and Aquatic strong against Mechanical. Elementals being strong against Mechanical just seemed like it's pulled out of nowhere.
Edited by Kalvasflam on 9/29/2012 10:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
well the crimson lasher is a fire flower so that one makes sense
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
09/29/2012 10:47 PMPosted by Gabric
well the crimson lasher is a fire flower so that one makes sense

My bad on that one... but still.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
well to be fair... shooting water at a jellowy water elemental.. your displacing his water with your "foreign" or "unalive" water,, and due to his permeable soft or non existant skin he is probably taking extra damage as compared to another pet family
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
I think the icon for Elemental is bad. While it makes it more intuitive to understand that aquatic moves are effective, it's goofy how water elementals have a fire icon.
Reply Quote
44 Orc Warrior
Agreed Elemental pets need some love.
Reply Quote
44 Orc Warrior
BTW you look more like a cat then a bear.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
Elementals definitely seem kind of like an odd man out. IMO, there should definitely be a "plant" type of pet, and the elemental passive should be reworked - maybe give them an extra resistance to an element based on a sub-classification of air, water, earth, or fire.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]