Kill Command vs Arcane Shot

85 Undead Hunter
I can confirm that, as of level 73, Arcane Shot does about 30% more damage than Kill Command. I suspect its a scaling issue. Still weird that our signature "shot" is only good from level 85 on.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
As of right now, I do more damage using KC in my "rotation", than I do without using it, according to Femaledwarf, with maximum raid buffs/debuffs.

It isn't a huge difference, and FD doesn't agree with my trinket choices (green quest rewards - probably not modeled), but it is a loss to drop Kill Command, and I am only lv 89 at this point, and no where near the appropriate caps.
Reply Quote
With BM spec KC should be used EVERY time it is off of cd. From the reading on EJ it even takes precedence over Cobra shot if it will be off cd before you will finish casting CS. Like it has been said above AS is a focus dump for BM.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I'm sorry, I just got back from the target dummy. I really don't see where KC is worth it unless your stacking other things with it. Flat damage 1 KC needs to be equal to or more than 2 AS's
damage to focus wise, and on my hunter it's not.

This situation is going to come to head more when people start getting better damage weapons. AS damage is based primarily on weapon damage where KC has a fixed damage plus mastery.
Edited by Zouka on 10/3/2012 2:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
I'm sorry, I just got back from the target dummy. I really don't see where KC is worth it unless your stacking other things with it. Flat damage 1 KC needs to be equal to or more than 2 AS's
focus wise, and on my hunter it's not.

This situation is going to come to head more when people start getting better damage weapons. AS damage is based primarily on weapon damage where KC has a fixed damage.

Your Mastery is way to low compared to your crit. According to the latest I read, Crit and Mastery are more or less even on priority, but you have 1.8K Mastery vs 6k Crit.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
10/03/2012 01:40 PMPosted by Zulgaro
Your Mastery is way to low compared to your crit. According to the latest I read, Crit and Mastery are more or less even on priority, but you have 1.8K Mastery vs 6k Crit.

Mr. Robot says I'm about 95% optimized, and that crit and mastery are both about 2% low.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
I don't use Mr Robot normally, but it looks like the PVE Default Stat weight is Exp==Hit -> Haste -> Crit -> Mastery, which is definitely not right (Haste is on bottom - again based on what I have read).
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
10/03/2012 01:40 PMPosted by Zulgaro

lol Back to the target dummy. Tried my spirit beast (Buff 3000 mastery)and changed out one of my cogs (600 mastery) for 5400 mastery at 32% extra pet damage. I'm still not even close to the damage to focus it would take to make KC viable by itself.
Reply Quote
72 Tauren Druid
My arcane shot hits for 20000 ish my kill command for 70000 do the math
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Hunter
Shouldnt the number of globals cooldowns be taken into consideration. Lets just say for the sake of saying (my KC hits around 2.5 times as hard as Arcane plus it crits more often) that 2 Arcane = 1KC you could still be using other abilities off the first global which should be a dps gain. I dont see anyway for Arcane to be a dps gain.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
10/03/2012 04:53 PMPosted by Satanaclauz
My arcane shot hits for 20000 ish my kill command for 70000 do the math

Did the math, and have been experimenting with it all day off and on (on a Boss target dummy).

First off, Your talking about Ouchaz your hunter.

You have an increased pet damage of about 26%. Now, I'm not talking about crits, because there's no way your pulling that 70k without a crit.

Tell me your base damage of each(nothing stacked with them with a mob your level). Go out shoot at mobs your lvl and give me an average of what your hitting at.
Edited by Zouka on 10/3/2012 8:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Shouldnt the number of globals cooldowns be taken into consideration. Lets just say for the sake of saying (my KC hits around 2.5 times as hard as Arcane plus it crits more often) that 2 Arcane = 1KC you could still be using other abilities off the first global which should be a dps gain. I dont see anyway for Arcane to be a dps gain.

This

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1204968-KC-worth-excluding
Reply Quote
12 Pandaren Hunter
Maybe its just me but even at this low of a level (right when you get KC) My arcane hits for about 100 my KC hits for about 120... Granted it is more damage it still does not equal two AS. Also I would like to point out for some weird reason my KC says it should hit for 151 damage but it only hits for 120 damage and I have tested this with every spec of pet and its the same the tip under the spell says it does more damage then it actually does. I believe this is most likely a issue that blizzard will add to another patch due to the fact that my AS does 50% to 100% more dmg then my KC (2xAS > 1KC)
Reply Quote
5 Blood Elf Hunter
Im new to the game and i dont like the kill command
Reply Quote
I believe this is most likely a issue that blizzard will add to another patch due to the fact that my AS does 50% to 100% more dmg then my KC (2xAS > 1KC)

it is not an issue. KC scales better once you start gaining more mastery with your gear.
On a damage per focus basis, they will do about the same damage (KC will crit more often). but to utilize your burst dps to its maximum potential, you will need to use KC off cooldown, as much as possible, to sustain a good amount of pressure

Plus, KC has the benefit of added pet mobility, every time you use it. you will notice your pet is on target more often, once you incorporate KC into your priority.

PVE wise, i believe AS and KC are pretty interchangeable
Edited by Ratokk on 2/23/2013 9:27 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
KC and AS are similar end game, but spamming arcane shot will result in dmg loss, as it does not benefit from BM's pet mastery. in terms of dmg per focus, they are fairly equal, but keep in mind, KC crits more, and when you are under BW, arcane shot gets a 10% dmg buff (coming from your dmg bonus) while KC gets a 20% dmg buff (coming from the pets bonus), since KC uses your focus, it gets half cost, meaning in BW, arcane costs 10 focus, KC costs 20, and during this buff, KC hits for a good bit more dmg, especially when it crits. KC doubles as a movement tool, but due to its higher crit rate, it is a little more valuable in PVE. Also, on fights like garalon, the pet will be in the legs buff zone, it will be much better than arcane shot since it will benefit from the leg dmg bonus.

At low lvs, KC has big scaling issues, it doesn't have mastery, and it is affected by the targets armor, meaning its dmg is reduced, where as arcane shot deals magic dmg and isn't effected by armor, making arcane shot at low lvs much superior to KC
Edited by Eurugan on 2/23/2013 10:14 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
@Twinkerbell: Don't necro threads from 10/3/12 it confuses the locals.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Hunter
Kill Command in the hands of a BM is always far better than arcane shot.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]