Zandalari

90 Troll Warrior
I need to brush up on my lore. Why did Blizzard make them enemies again? Isn't the uniting of the trolls something that player trolls would sympathize with?
Edited by Zalaashì on 9/30/2012 5:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
>player trolls
>whattheeffamireading.jpg
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
All I know is that I spent a lot of time trying to make friends and then they went all crazy and tried to kill us anyways.

The moral of the story is that trolls need to be exterminated.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warrior
>player trolls
>whattheeffamireading.jpg

Player trolls.

Trolls that are played by players.

Darkspear tribe.

Horde.

Was it that cryptic?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I was making a joke about the astonishing lack of player trolls on MG
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
09/30/2012 05:41 PMPosted by Zalaashì
Isn't the uniting of the trolls something that player trolls would sympathize with?

Vol'jin did not agree with the Zandalari's methods. They're troll racial supremists who seek the destruction of most other races on Azeroth and wishes to purge these nontroll races from their lands. Vol'jin, being one who actually works with some nontroll races, thought this was a bad idea. The Blood Elves, for example, are the Darkspear's allies, and the Zandalari would seem the Sin'dorei wiped out.

If you're a troll supremist, I guess you'd be for the Zandalari, but if you're loyal to Vol'jin and identify with him, you'd be against the racial purging thing, probably
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warrior

Misinterpreted then, sorry.
Edited by Zalaashì on 9/30/2012 5:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
09/30/2012 05:41 PMPosted by Zalaashì
Why did Blizzard make them enemies again?

Because Trolls make good generic bad guys.

Their motives are also revealed further in a Kun-Lai Summit quest line.

09/30/2012 05:46 PMPosted by Lynox
Vol'jin did not agree with the Zandalari's methods. They're troll racial supremists who seek the destruction of most other races on Azeroth and wishes to purge these nontroll races from their lands. Vol'jin, being one who actually works with some nontroll races, thought this was a bad idea. The Blood Elves, for example, are the Darkspear's allies, and the Zandalari would seem the Sin'dorei wiped out.

Basically this.

As we saw from Heroic ZG, the Zandalari were willing to use the power of Hakkar to achieve their goals. Remember what happened last time?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
The Zandalari pre-4.1 were intent on preserving the history of their kind. They were there to put down the Gurubashi when they were summoning Hakkar, and they were there to record the history of Gun'drak before it fell.

Somewhere along the line, a new leader rose, and decided that the Zandalari should be the leaders in recreating the Troll Empire. The Zandalari made it clear their new troll empire would wage war on the Horde as well. That is why Vol'jin made the decision of turning his back on his own kind, because he considered the Horde to be his true brothers.

Honestly, I think it is a really interesting plot set-up, it was just managed poorly because the plot was introduced with bringing back two old raids as 5-mans, one without any changes whatsoever.

Going into Kun-lai where the trolls were attacking and seeing all the troll tribes that they had allied with come together to make a very powerful army was pretty neat.
Reply Quote
Personally, I think the whole "allying with the same people that managed to destroy their very ways of life and societies by consuming the powers of their gods for mad bids in power, and even promoting that same shtick" only further resolved Vol'jin to turn away from "his people" who were only likely to destroy themselves too.

Plus, the Darkspear were already exiled from Stranglethorn for some yet unknown purpose. And with Thrall to save them from annihilation by a sea witch and helping to found the Horde, I feel Vol'jin was reasonable enough to conclude that working with others would prove to save trollkind, instead of waging war on anything and everything, which the past has shown would only make them lose more land against more capable and powerful opponents.
Reply Quote
85 Pandaren Rogue
The Zandalari pre-4.1 were intent on preserving the history of their kind. They were there to put down the Gurubashi when they were summoning Hakkar, and they were there to record the history of Gun'drak before it fell.

Somewhere along the line, a new leader rose, and decided that the Zandalari should be the leaders in recreating the Troll Empire. The Zandalari made it clear their new troll empire would wage war on the Horde as well. That is why Vol'jin made the decision of turning his back on his own kind, because he considered the Horde to be his true brothers.

Honestly, I think it is a really interesting plot set-up, it was just managed poorly because the plot was introduced with bringing back two old raids as 5-mans, one without any changes whatsoever.

Going into Kun-lai where the trolls were attacking and seeing all the troll tribes that they had allied with come together to make a very powerful army was pretty neat.

Mostly right. We don't really know if they have a new leader.

But we do know, from a few quests here in Mists (and conjecture from Cata) that Zandalar has been destroyed. They need a new land. If you hadn't noticed, there aren't many lands not claimed by somebody or something.

But hey. Old Gods probably.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
In Kun Lai, it reveals more about the Zandalari. Without spoiling anything, it does make you sympathize with their position.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
09/30/2012 11:28 PMPosted by Branshei
Mostly right. We don't really know if they have a new leader.

We do know, however, that this mysterious prophet, Zul, has a hand in the renewed activity of the Zandalari. But we don't know if he has outright replaced Rastakhan, or if he is acting as your typical corrupt adviser to the king.

09/30/2012 11:28 PMPosted by Branshei
But we do know, from a few quests here in Mists (and conjecture from Cata) that Zandalar has been destroyed.

I tried not to mention this because lolspoilers.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
09/30/2012 05:45 PMPosted by Catelynne

You're a troll!
Reply Quote
85 Troll Warrior
09/30/2012 06:12 PMPosted by Volkuza
As we saw from Heroic ZG, the Zandalari were willing to use the power of Hakkar to achieve their goals. Remember what happened last time?

Uh, I just want to say, that in ZG the Gurubashi were almost successful in -destroying- Hakkar and the players/Vol'jin help Hakkar return to power.

So, wrong.

P.S

Burn in the depths of the twisting nethers for spoiling the troll story for me!!!

Spoiler tags you jerks.

Edit: honestly I don't care that much I was just going for dramatic effect, but that's only because I don't give a crap about spoilers and just read them anyway. Still, be considerate of others please.
Edited by Frostytroll on 10/1/2012 4:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
09/30/2012 11:36 PMPosted by Zhon
In Kun Lai, it reveals more about the Zandalari. Without spoiling anything, it does make you sympathize with their position.

In my case, to be honest? It did the exact opposite. I really have not sympathized with the Zandalari at all since 4.1, and never will. I'm honestly entirely sick of seeing them, as well, and wish Blizz would just stop using them now.

Never mind that there are Drakkari up there. Why are there Drakkari there?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
10/01/2012 03:48 AMPosted by Frostytroll

Uh, I just want to say, that in ZG the Gurubashi were almost successful in -destroying- Hakkar and the players/Vol'jin help Hakkar return to power.

So, wrong.

P.S

Burn in the depths of the twisting nethers for spoiling the troll story for me!!!

Spoiler tags you jerks.

Edit: honestly I don't care that much I was just going for dramatic effect, but that's only because I don't give a crap about spoilers and just read them anyway. Still, be considerate of others please.

We're we playing the same ZG?

I don't remember Jin'do standing up there saying "Don't worry guys, I'm killing Hakkar." No, I remember him being summoned and then chained to this world and then being used as a big Loa battery.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
10/01/2012 06:48 AMPosted by Laenara
Never mind that there are Drakkari up there. Why are there Drakkari there?

From what I've read on wowpedia, there's an Island where all the Troll Tribes gather, and that there is always Trolls of every Tribe on that island.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Zandalar

and such
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
There is a massive concealed island is Northwestern Pandaria. Some Troll structures were found on it in beta, but the island was closed off.

Perhaps patch content? (Troll Raid/daily area?)
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warrior
There is a massive concealed island is Northwestern Pandaria. Some Troll structures were found on it in beta, but the island was closed off.

Perhaps patch content? (Troll Raid/daily area?)

Even though I play a troll, egh...

I'm kind of sick of troll content by now. We need a break.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]