BUG Students No More quest VotFW

90 Blood Elf Priest
This quest is bugged the Ik'thik Incubator resets to full health after a few seconds making the quest impossible to complete.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
I get to the first spot, and all the students are dead.
Reply Quote
I am having bug type problems also.
The first time I took the quest, all the students were dead and none of the bosses listed for the quest were to be found.

I zoned out and tried again the next day and found the quest active again. The students were on a hill fighting warriors and infiltrators, and once they killed the trash mobs they attacked the listed boss. BTW the listed boss cannot be attack by the player until the students are done with the trash mobs and they attack the listed boss.

I help the students fight and got through 3 of the listed bosses, each time the students stopped to kill the trash mobs near by before attacking the boss. I thought I was gonna make it through the quest until the students were going to the Ik'thik Slicer. The trash mob the students go after before the boss also had a champion which is elite and takes longer to kill off. By the time the students finsh off the trash and to go after the listed boss (Slicer), The boss just disappeares and the students move on to the next trash mob. I did this cycle three times and finally gave up.
Edited by Lalair on 10/9/2012 4:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I went back and tried a different tactic. When the students go after the Incubator, I aggro the Champion commander elite trash mob to bring him over and get the students to kill him off also durning the Incubator fight. After the Incubator is down the students kill off the next trash mob fast enough so that the Slicer is queued up to attack.

Quest completed and the next quest in the chain is to be the saviour of Stoneplow which was pretty fun.
Reply Quote
86 Draenei Priest
This was bugged for me too, I killed all the other mobs on that quest and when I got to Ik'thik he disappeared. I went through the entire thing again and he disappeared again so I tried it a third time and when I got to Ik'thik I went to where he was and kept consecrating the ground hoping he would not disappear by the time the students got there. That did not do any good he disappeared anyway. Never got to complete the quest.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I am having bug type problems also.
The first time I took the quest, all the students were dead and none of the bosses listed for the quest were to be found.

I zoned out and tried again the next day and found the quest active again. The students were on a hill fighting warriors and infiltrators, and once they killed the trash mobs they attacked the listed boss. BTW the listed boss cannot be attack by the player until the students are done with the trash mobs and they attack the listed boss.

I help the students fight and got through 3 of the listed bosses, each time the students stopped to kill the trash mobs near by before attacking the boss. I thought I was gonna make it through the quest until the students were going to the Ik'thik Slicer. The trash mob the students go after before the boss also had a champion which is elite and takes longer to kill off. By the time the students finsh off the trash and to go after the listed boss (Slicer), The boss just disappeares and the students move on to the next trash mob. I did this cycle three times and finally gave up.

Same thing happened to me on my Druid....When it comes time to kill the slicer it just disappears and we run right by to the next mob...I went through the cycle twice and then reported it as a bug. I need to kill the slicer tomplete the quest but its impossible if its not there... Hope Blizzard can fixt it.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
After trying this for over an hour i finally got it. Pull the elite while you are fighting the egg laying boss. then the group will go to Slicer faster- hopefully before it despawns.
Edited by Funkadelica on 10/19/2012 10:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
86 Gnome Warlock
On my priest I tried pulling the other elite into the second boss but the group would not engage. Not sure I'll be able to finish this one.
Reply Quote
After an hour of running in circles and not being able to fight the Slicer, this tactic worked perfectly for me! What a smart idea :) Aggroed the Champion Commander Elite trash that the npcs would fight right before the Slicer disappeared into the small trash mob right before the Incubator and they even skipped her and went right for the Slicer! I was finally able to complete it! Thanks Lalair!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
My husband is doing this or I should say trying to do this now on his Pally Urach. He drpped quest 3 times, well see if kholtera's tip works.

Did not work for him. Maybe Blizz will hot fix the more important items in-game.
Edited by Rhazzledazle on 11/9/2012 4:52 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
10/19/2012 10:12 PMPosted by Funkadelica
After trying this for over an hour i finally got it. Pull the elite while you are fighting the egg laying boss. then the group will go to Slicer faster- hopefully before it despawns.

I can confirm that this works, just did this with my DK and had no problem moving on with the quest. Thanks for the tip!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
I am having the same issue. And I've been attempting this quest for the past 2 days. DEAR BLIZZARD FIX THIS!!!

I tried playing the quest last night and for almost an hour and a half I followed the students around, killing all the bosses until I come upon the Slicer. The Students decide they want to kill another elite with some other npcs. I've tried luring them to the last boss numerous times, only to have the students go back to the other npcs. Once the students killed the group, the slicer disappears and we're back to square one killing the other 3 bosses again.

Today I abandoned the quest and started fresh with the students at a different point and the same thing occurred today!!!!!!!!! I abandoned the quest yet again, logged off, and went to WoW Head. Apparently there are many other players from other servers experiencing the same problem. A scant few are able to finish the quest, but only after going through the same loop for hours. And I mean HOURS. Dear Blizzard, you need to fix this bug. Seems I cannot advance further unless this is fixed!!!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
I abandoned the quest after students died. I have logged and even come back the next day, Xiao (quest giver) just lies died and I still can not pick quest back up.
Reply Quote
64 Human Warrior
Surprisingly the quest has worked great I haven't run into the problems of finding the 5 students lying died and then not coming back to life, and I've been able to kill 3 of the 4 boss. But the problem I'm have right now is that when I get to the incubator I can lower it's health to halfway but then it's able to heal itself to full health. How do I defeat it?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]