Quest "!" on Zone Maps?

99 Human Rogue
I noticed that on occasion, pulling up a zone map will show a "!" sometimes out in some area of the zone.

For example, as I was questing through Valley of the Four Winds, I noticed a "!" down in the lower left hand area, which I later learned was Nesingwary's Safari (woot)!

But what made this particular "!" show up on the map? Why is it there when others are not?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I think it may be for quests that aren't linked in anyway to quest hubs. I'm pretty sure the old "Blackhands Command" quest does the same thing.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
The zones are set up in such a way that exploring the world is going to yield quests and quest hubs that you aren't directed toward during the course of the main story line. The exclamation points on the map help give a hint, at least, where some of them are. Certainly though you'll find more just by exploring.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
10/01/2012 02:35 PMPosted by Bashiok
The zones are set up in such a way that exploring the world is going to yield quests and quest hubs that you aren't directed toward during the course of the main story line. The exclamation points on the map help give a hint, at least, where some of them are. Certainly though you'll find more just by exploring.

Which is awesome, as I love exploring. I'm also loving that I can wander into a zone and pick up any quests that I'm eligible for rather than having to breadcrumb in :)
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Warlock
The exclamation point in Jade Forest helped me find the last story line to get the achievement so thank you Blizzard!!!!!!
Reply Quote
I can recommend Quest Completist for all your completionist tendencies.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
I find myself... overwhelmed? Not in a bad way. I love it, love questing, love exploring and experiencing the storyline(s).

Spoiled for choice, maybe. I want to finish Chen and Li Li's story, but I also want to find out what happened to my Horde landing party, and who knew Anduin was, like, a great guy? And what's that tiny bit of the map that's still fogged out up there, or down there, and HEY LORE!, and Silver Dragon Mobs that kick my butt and this trash sells for more than my carefully crafter armor kits.

Digging it, Blizz.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
I have to agree, the questing is awesome! Not that cata was bad, I enjoyed Hyjal and Deepholm a lot. However with Brewfest here I find myself rushing through.
Reply Quote
86 Human Warrior
10/01/2012 02:38 PMPosted by Baneusprime

Which is awesome, as I love exploring. I'm also loving that I can wander into a zone and pick up any quests that I'm eligible for rather than having to breadcrumb in :)
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
10/01/2012 02:54 PMPosted by Kroxion
I play on a large plasma screen in a semi-dark room with quality bose noise cancellation headphones.

Just FYI... http://www.intellexual.net/bose.html

Although, I'm not sure if their headphones are as bad as their speakers.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
I'm finding the questing a damn sight better than the Cataclysm Rail Road we got for the old world.

Plus I like how some of it sychns up with other zones. I thought I was done with Vally of the Winds and went south, few days later I start running into the envoys looking for help against the Mantids. I figured it was one of those dangling loose end quest chains you sometimes get. Go back north cash a quest get some free XP and head back to the jungle.

Instead it starts up a whole new set of events and quests.

and yeah Anduin... good kid, nice head on his shoulders. Holy Priest (who knew)

If he gets killed out here I'm recomending him a Valkyr. He'd make a fine Foresaken
P
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
10/01/2012 05:16 PMPosted by Drakmor
Holy Priest (who knew)

He's rubbish at it though, never heals :(
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
10/01/2012 04:21 PMPosted by Ninerva
I play on a large plasma screen in a semi-dark room with quality bose noise cancellation headphones.

Just FYI... http://www.intellexual.net/bose.html

Although, I'm not sure if their headphones are as bad as their speakers.

always got to be a party pooper
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
10/01/2012 05:18 PMPosted by Baneusprime
Holy Priest (who knew)

He's rubbish at it though, never heals :(

so he's trying to DPS Holy

haven't we all tried that at some point.

Heck it wasn't until WoLK that I wised up and started leveling Shadow on my priest.

He's young and stupid he'll learn
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
PRO TIP: If you wan't to lose any "loose" quest, take a look at Wowhead map of questgivers. Example for Horde (there's Alliance too, just click "Show on map"):

http://www.wowhead.com/zone=5785#show:horde:quest
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I find myself... overwhelmed? Not in a bad way. I love it, love questing, love exploring and experiencing the storyline(s).

Spoiled for choice, maybe. I want to finish Chen and Li Li's story, but I also want to find out what happened to my Horde landing party, and who knew Anduin was, like, a great guy? And what's that tiny bit of the map that's still fogged out up there, or down there, and HEY LORE!, and Silver Dragon Mobs that kick my butt and this trash sells for more than my carefully crafter armor kits.

Digging it, Blizz.

This. Exactly. I'm loving it! I'm running all over the place all the time. It's sort of a "SHINY THINGS" complex going on and I'm 100% enjoying every moment of it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]