I just got kicked from a heroic...

90 Blood Elf Priest
Because I asked for the group to stop for a sec so I can drink and refill that mana bar.

I just lost my faith in humanity. I know I have some bad gear... but still. I apologize to that group that kicked me, I know I'm not heroic T14 geared yet. Sorry I can't keep up with the chain pulling yet. I know I suck.
Edited by Pandabearr on 10/1/2012 7:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Dumbarses will be dumbarses, que up and go at it again, any group that won't let you get mana isn't worth running with in the first place.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
This is why I'm refusing to use LFD. I'll run with my guild group, or not at all.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I almost wish I'd chosen to level Anarri to 90 before starting my monk. Not to make light of your mistreatment, but I've never been around at the beginning of an expansion for the massive healer backlash, so I'm kind of curious as to how bad it actually gets.

Regardless, history has shown us that people will eventually adjust, so the best advice we can give you is to just stick it out, or run with a guild group if don't want to deal with it.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I was in a normal earlier and the priest was literally oom, and the tank kept going. The healer plopped down and drank and I ran after the tank to off heal some. Granted they didn't ask if they could drink, but seriously when a healer is less than 5% mana you'd think you'd stop and notice :P

I'll be mainly dpsing this expansion but may heal some heroics ... maybe.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
A lot of tanks are getting their faces punched in. I queued for a heroic and got a random that was me and then everyone else was in another guild from my server.

The tank never stopped pulling. And when I complained, and begged to drink, the Warlock told me that I should "stop using Flash Heal and use Mindbender on CD and you'll be fine."

I didn't want to be snide, but I almost said, "When the tank stops taking more than half his health in damage each second, I'll do that."
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Mean people on the internet are all over. Just move on and get back up on the horse. Healing has always been a thankless job and it isn't changing any time soon.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I almost wish I'd chosen to level Anarri to 90 before starting my monk. Not to make light of your mistreatment, but I've never been around at the beginning of an expansion for the massive healer backlash, so I'm kind of curious as to how bad it actually gets.

It's pretty bad at the very start, I was drinking every 2-3 pulls for the first couple heroics. After that though you get back to only drinking once in a long while, usually after a bad pull with lots of fire standing.

10/01/2012 08:06 PMPosted by Tiriél
This is why I'm refusing to use LFD. I'll run with my guild group, or not at all.

This is a good call at the start, I am at the point where I don't mind using LFD again, I actually just got out of a very nice polite group and am feeling very good about pugs at the moment.

That will of course change shortly when I get the prot warrior with a two hander and int gear who chain pulls trash in Shado Pan and points the breath of doom right at me or something.
Edited by Djaxi on 10/1/2012 8:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
10/01/2012 08:45 PMPosted by Harpoa
Mean people on the internet are all over. Just move on and get back up on the horse. Healing has always been a thankless job and it isn't changing any time soon.

Yeah... definitely sticking with some friends for heroics. Especially since priests have it rough on mana (the most out of all healers I guess?).
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
aus
10/01/2012 08:56 PMPosted by Djaxi
It's pretty bad at the very start, I was drinking every 2-3 pulls for the first couple heroics. After that though you get back to only drinking once in a long while, usually after a bad pull with lots of fire standing.

That would be true if I was getting more then 1 upgrade every 3-4 heroics.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
i take a stack of mana pots and drink that'll refil mana the fastest. i also take things like swiftness pots, eat spirit food, usually have a flask of either int or spirit up during runs, and spec for speed boosts lol and if that ain't enough, i have better things to do :)

p.s. i usually keep a small stack of int elixirs too, the kind that give you 1000 int for so many seconds, during emergencies but that doesn't really help with mana regen. my theory is, if they won't wait, i'll improvise. if improvisation isn't enough, i think there was a new episode of "the voice" on youtube.
Edited by Thrives on 10/1/2012 10:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I got kicked for the same reason... i also like that Blizzard now gives you a 30min debuff because you need mana and tanks are all "HEAL ME BUT DONT WORRY IM TOTALLY NOT GONNA POP A CD FOR YOU!"

the chain pulling by tanks is certainly an issue right now. I don't care if they kick me... if they can do better go for it. However, I don't understand the 'deserter debuff'... i didn't desert anything!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I got kicked for the same reason... i also like that Blizzard now gives you a 30min debuff because you need mana and tanks are all "HEAL ME BUT DONT WORRY IM TOTALLY NOT GONNA POP A CD FOR YOU!"

the chain pulling by tanks is certainly an issue right now. I don't care if they kick me... if they can do better go for it. However, I don't understand the 'deserter debuff'... i didn't desert anything!

It's to keep boogers from being complete "turd in a bottle"'s, and deliberately pulling totally brain-dead stunts to get kicked instead of just dropping group. Just imagine the level of griefing you'd see if some snot-eater got the deserter buff for leaving, but didn't for being kicked....
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Don't aplogize, the group can only move as fast as you can they can't grind those instances like they are in a raid and to be honest some of that sits at blizz's feet. People seem to think healers can heal through anything and we honestly can't heal through stupid. Even in gear of a medium rank and nature as a heals I can pretty much heal anything. IT's not the gear it's the skills..... keep practicing and if they don't like it they can kiss it. Healing is an art, idiots are forever... good heals are rare... enjoy your rarity ;)
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
A lot of tanks are getting their faces punched in. I queued for a heroic and got a random that was me and then everyone else was in another guild from my server.

The tank never stopped pulling. And when I complained, and begged to drink, the Warlock told me that I should "stop using Flash Heal and use Mindbender on CD and you'll be fine."

I didn't want to be snide, but I almost said, "When the tank stops taking more than half his health in damage each second, I'll do that."

Who was that? I'll come kill/camp the Auctioneers while they are using them for you! What a stupid thing to say :/
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Healing at any times can be stressful with the crazy tanks.

What I recommend is this thread for all your healing fun..

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6202181753

It's helped me in the healing process from the stress of healing..

(See what I did there!)
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
Heh. Yeah. Seems like everyone out there is practicing for speed runs, even in the lower levels.

Truthis; there is only so much you can do. If the group insists on surging forward, oblivious to your mana needs, then they get what they get.

Sorry you got stressed out. Next group will be better, I'm sure.

Hah! Not sure if I'm trying to convince you or me ;)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Because I asked for the group to stop for a sec so I can drink and refill that mana bar.

I just lost my faith in humanity. I know I have some bad gear... but still. I apologize to that group that kicked me, I know I'm not heroic T14 geared yet. Sorry I can't keep up with the chain pulling yet. I know I suck.

Don't stress too much about it. When I was 441 ilvl i got kicked because two people died in trash while standing in purple stuff I couldn't heal them cos tank was taking severe dmg. After I rez them, I saw "you've been removed from group" I lol'ed and like kids eh?

Now, my ilvl is 455 and I don't drink anymore. It's easier to heal stupid and if i get tired I just leave group anywhere. Que time is less the 3min.

I've shocked by the state of the game tbh, The number of people that don't know the basics anymore is alarming. Simple stuff like dps the Tank's target. The idea that dps also have CDs, the idea that Tank cooldowns is actually for trash in 5mans not boss. I can't remember the instance I was in and everyone had their personal mobs they were dpsing. It was like watching royal rumble. I thought we left that bad habit at lvl 40 dungeons. I couldn't wrap my head around lvl 90s doing that in heroic dungeons.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
10/01/2012 08:06 PMPosted by Tiriél
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]