DMF trinket is trash, again

90 Pandaren Monk
I honestly never missed that.

TBH I would hate if my BiS was DM card.

those things wont go for less than 30-40k. I much rather farm TB dailies again than pay that much for a trinket.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior

In any case, my basic argument stands. Even if you used the Earthen JC trinket in the first boss or two in T11, it was quickly replaced. It was by no means an optimal trinket. In contrast, the Monarch Crab was one of your two best trinkets until you got BOTH the Heart of Iron from 25 man Ignis and the Royal Seal of King Llane from Yogg-10. If you only had access to 10 man raids (and thus no access to Heart of Iron) then you were wearing the Crab until you got a Brewcrap stam trinket into ICC. The Crab had a MUCH longer useful life than the crappy blue stam trinket in Cata, and I believe much longer than the devs wanted--- because it gave JC's a significant advantage through at leat part of the second tier of WotLK's raiding.

I read that as "The JC trinket's in wrath were too good"...which has nothing to do with the trinkets in Cata. With your attitude why do we have anything available anywhere except the best of the best. You shoudl create a toon and go strait to heroic raid gear.

Considering how cheap the JC trinket's were in cata they were amazing. They did their job well and were replaced when their time to be replaced came.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Figurine - Earthen Guardian? Are you frikking serious? It was HORRIBLE. Vial of Stolen Memories was less bad only by a degree unless you were in a stamina-specific encounter. A Stam trinket in a Mastery environment: that was why it didn't see more use.

For a shield tank, it was Impetuous Query + Mirror of Broken Images that was a better combo for most (admittedly not all) tanking circumstances. I used Figurine - King of Boars until I got my Mirror.

The Monarch Crab, by contrast, was a Stamina trinket, with a Stamina socket bonus, and two gem slots that could hold a Stamina and a Stam/hybrid gem--- or dual stamina gems and skip the bonus--- and an on-demand Dodge clicky. It was easily worthwhile as one of your trinkets through Ulduar. And if your raid was an exclusively 10-man, you were wearing the Crab into ToC.
Those stam trinkets only gave 10k health in cata. Only legitimate users I believed was the 25m heroic tanks. Anyone else it turned them from a damage soak into a mana sponge. They were fine on fights with high magic damage too, but overall situational in the early part of the expansion.
Reply Quote
39 Worgen Warlock
Those stam trinkets only gave 10k health in cata. Only legitimate users I believed was the 25m heroic tanks. Anyone else it turned them from a damage soak into a mana sponge. They were fine on fights with high magic damage too, but overall situational in the early part of the expansion.

What? No. Magic damage was everywhere in t11. There's a reason Mirror was practically considered a necessity and it wasn't because of the passive mastery.

Becoming block capped wasn't commonplace until t12 and even then not until later in. Until then surviving Cho'gall's 2 stack strikes among other mechanics relied on your - you got it - health pool.
Edited by Rijdot on 10/3/2012 10:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
What? No. Magic damage was everywhere in t11. There's a reason Mirror was practically considered a necessity and it wasn't because of the passive mastery.

Becoming block capped wasn't commonplace until t12 and even then not until later in. Until then surviving Cho'gall's 2 stack strikes among other mechanics relied on your - you got it - health pool.
Where did I say magic damage wasn't everywhere? I mentioned fights with high magic damage, hello Cho'gall/Nef.

Magic damage is consistent and predictable for the most part. Tanks and many other classes are given cool downs to use.

If you are relying on stam trinket/s so the boss (in other than 25m heroics) doesn't kill you in a hit or two the underlying issue is you are under geared or messing up.
Reply Quote
39 Worgen Warlock
10/03/2012 11:43 AMPosted by Judgebot
If you are relying on stam trinket/s so the boss (in other than 25m heroics) doesn't kill you in a hit or two the underlying issue is you are under geared or messing up.

Or you're running cutting-edge content, which is why this trinket and stamina in general is so amazing.

/sigh
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Or you're running cutting-edge content, which is why this trinket and stamina in general is so amazing.

/sigh
Which I keep denoting in 25m H. Others were sub optimal to.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Because way back in Burning Crusade, it was a fantastic trinket for a long, long time.

Furies Deck was actually never that good. It was nice for a starter and for aoe grinding, but as a trinket it was not that good.

Which I keep denoting in 25m H. Others were sub optimal to.

25H was not the only place for Stamina trinkets. Even Nefarian on 10N fit the criteria, Al'Akir on any mode, Sinestra on either mode, etc.

If the content was Halfus Normal followedby V&T followed by do nothing for the rest of the expansion, you'd have a point.

In any case, my basic argument stands.

Your basic argument is that JC is still "paying" for having the Crab. Having a trinket that isn't overpowered is not "paying"; it's just normal behaviour.
Edited by Slashlove on 10/3/2012 1:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Epic gems were almost useless to JC's as a source of income without the ability to prospect for them

Lol?

While BS, enchanters, tailors, and lw's all got either-or-both drops (Ulduar and maybe ToC) and purchasable epic designs (ICC, FL dailies, etc), JC and Engineers got jack-crap-nothing

Dear lord, you're dragging Engineers into this? Engineering is awesome, and has perpetual value.

Never mind that the JC trinket was worth making in Cataclysm itself, as this thread has already noted. It just wasn't overpowered to the point that it outshone raid trinkets (and it helps that raid trinkets this time were nowhere near as bad as Rune of Repulsion in Naxxramas - even non-Jewelcrafters didn't touch that).

and actually made JC's stats bonus less than before they were released, because as far as I can remember, the Chimera's Eyes were not re-adjusted the way WotLK's Dragon's Eye gems were.

They were adjusted on Beta hilariously enough. Apparently, some smart person deleted that line of code in the actual live patch.
Edited by Slashlove on 10/3/2012 1:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
10/03/2012 01:00 PMPosted by Slashlove
Furies Deck was actually never that good. It was nice for a starter and for aoe grinding, but as a trinket it was not that good.

Wth EH trinkets were you using?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
25H was not the only place for Stamina trinkets. Even Nefarian on 10N fit the criteria, Al'Akir on any mode, Sinestra on either mode, etc.

If the content was Halfus Normal followedby V&T followed by do nothing for the rest of the expansion, you'd have a point.
Al'Akir, I don't think so since you could run no trinkets and kill him. Nef was fine if not under geared. Sin, got me there idk.

Go run double brewfest stam trinkets if it is so great. You have the option right now. Or gem straight stamina. The reason we don't is because our priorities are not met yet, otherwise there really wouldn't be a reason not to.

All those stam trinkets are is brewfest trinkets with on use dodge. Keep saying how they are using them on magic fights. In a magic fight the on use dodge is pointless due you can't dodge magic, for the most part.
Reply Quote
39 Worgen Warlock
Since the Figurine - Monarch Crab, Titanium Earthguard Ring, and possibly the Titanium Earthguard Chain, JC has not had one single tanking trinket, ring, or neck worth making.

Not one.

Ha, hahahahahaha, hahahahahahahaha.

Does Figurine - Earthen Guardian ring a bell? Especially since it did pretty much the exact same thing monarch crab did?

Oh, right, you were too busy humping mastery like a lonely dog to understand Stamina's value in progression content. So.... Figurine - King of Boars? Threat procs yay!

(Remember how we were talking about how Vial was grand? Guess why.)

10/03/2012 01:34 PMPosted by Slashlove
Engineers got jack-crap-nothing

Does everything have to be a static survivability boost for it to have value? Rocket belt has saved my raid and myself more times than I can count. I'm expecting similar lol situations from Goblin Glider in MoP. All I need to make a gimmick cooldown out of it is slightly uneven terrain. Doesn't even need to have a precipice.

Bottom line:

Shut up Fean.
Edited by Rijdot on 10/3/2012 2:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Stamina and Armor were almost the only stackable stats that mattered (obviously Defense to uncrittability); it provided Stamina, a Stamina socket bonus, and not one but TWO sockets. It was tailored to its era perfectly, and was useful deep into raiding.

That's not why Crab was a big deal by itself.

Crab existed in an era where Stamina trinkets just didn't exist; its competition was Defender's Code and Rune of Repulsion. Do you think that if the raid dropped Bedrock Talisman and Darkmoon Card, the Guardian wouldn't have continued to be a strong trinket?

Of course there were still times for Stamina trinkets. There will always be situations favoring Stamina trinkets. But for general-purpose non-heroic 25 tanking in Cata, Mastery was a much better option. And a heroic 25 tank was not sporting a Guardian.

Actually they were. It's not like everyone got a Vial/Worm within the first week.

4) OK, then even Engineering got cool stuff, and ONLY JC got absolutely nothing worthwhile to craft for raiding since Wrath's initial release.

This logic of "JC got nothing except the thing they did get" is hilariously bad every single time you insist on using it.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
10/03/2012 09:03 PMPosted by Slashlove
Crab existed in an era where Stamina trinkets just didn't exist; its competition was Defender's Code and Rune of Repulsion. Do you think that if the raid dropped Bedrock Talisman and Darkmoon Card, the Guardian wouldn't have continued to be a strong trinket?

Never forget. Essence of Gossamer

The Guardian provided Stamina, no sockets, in a Cata era where Mastery was king until block-capped.

Unless, of course, you were a Death Knight or Druid who chose stamina.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
10/04/2012 05:30 AMPosted by Feanorion
Unless, of course, you were a Death Knight or Druid---

C'mon. We're talking REAL tanks. And real tanks carry shields.

(yes, lol intended)

pfft, only pussies hide behind shields, real men take hits with their faces.
Reply Quote
39 Worgen Warlock
OK, then even Engineering got cool stuff, and ONLY JC got absolutely nothing worthwhile to craft for raiding since Wrath's initial release.

Sorry, but just because it's not worthwhile for you in your skewed perception of effectiveness doesn't mean it's not worthwhile.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]