Courageous Yon accessible before 90?

90 Gnome Warrior
I've got one trainer left for Taming Pandaria: Courageous Yon. However, I can't figure out how to get to him. He appears to be in a cave on Kota Peak (was somewhere else during beta) but I've tried all of the caves and couldn't get to him. Does he require a flying mount to access?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I spent a couple hours trying to figure out how to climb to him before I gave up and used a goblin glider from Neverest to jump to him.
Reply Quote
3 Night Elf Hunter
If you have 550 engineering, the glider from Neverest summit works like a charm at 85. Just get up to the tippy top and point yourself toward Kota Peak. I made it second try. (First try I failed to start from the tippy top, so I came into Kota a little low....) Once you manage to land on the tippy top of Kota, the cave's a little below you and you can't exactly see it. Check Yon's coordinates (35.8, 73.6) to make sure you hop down in the right direction. Kewl. Leveling's for losers.... ;o}
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Go to Kota Base Camp, look for Uncle Keenbean, take the quest 'Kota Blend'. Do the follow-up, 'A fair trade'. Take the follow-up to that, 'The Burlap grind'. Ride the giant yeti to the top of the mountain, dismount on the little shelf to the south and look for the cave, it's really tiny and just looks like a discolored spot from the yeti's back. Make sure you have pet bandages in case he takes a few tries. Good luck!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Thanx Ryxl spent 2 hours trying to climb that. All my gear in red with rez sickness getting raped by goats haha.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
Get a friend with a two seater and panda flying to take you is another route you can go.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Or just level to 90 and get flight training.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
10/25/2012 11:08 AMPosted by Shalura
Or just level to 90 and get flight training.

The word before must confuse you a great deal.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I'm guessing you don't know what "or" means.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
10/25/2012 11:20 AMPosted by Shalura
I'm guessing you don't know what "or" means.

The word before implied he already knew the answer you gave. Reading comprehension is tough.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Leveling to 90 is simple and fairly quick, and opens up a wide range of other possibilities. Going through elaborate steps to access something early is unnecessary.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
10/25/2012 11:25 AMPosted by Shalura
Leveling to 90 is simple and fairly quick, and opens up a wide range of other possibilities. Going through elaborate steps to access something early is unnecessary.

For you maybe, try not to think for others. It will end poorly for all involved.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
10/25/2012 11:25 AMPosted by Shalura

It's my $15/month, if I want to get the Tamer title before 90 (which I did), then I'll go through elaborate and unnecessary steps to do so (which I did). Sure, I could have waited until 87 to legitimately enter Vale of Eternal Blossoms, but I like doing things the hard way sometimes, so I jumped off the wall, stealthed through to Aki the Chosen, and enjoyed myself immensely. The OP asked if it was possible to do BEFORE 90. To answer with 'just get to 90' is rude, dismissive, and missing the point.

On a happier note, congrats to Sellary and Ämethyst on their respective pre-90 victories over Courageous Yon!
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
10/12/2012 07:03 AMPosted by Ryxl
Go to Kota Base Camp, look for Uncle Keenbean, take the quest 'Kota Blend'. Do the follow-up, 'A fair trade'. Take the follow-up to that, 'The Burlap grind'. Ride the giant yeti to the top of the mountain, dismount on the little shelf to the south and look for the cave, it's really tiny and just looks like a discolored spot from the yeti's back. Make sure you have pet bandages in case he takes a few tries. Good luck!

This is what I did also. Works great.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
lol, ride a yeti or fly from a mountain?

Get a warlock to summon you :3.

Nice to see that other people are enjoying their wowke'mon journey. We need more "difficult" ideas like this, where thought is required to get to the next link in a one time quest, rather than just "flap flap, all done".
Reply Quote
89 Night Elf Hunter
Also used the yeti method to get it pre-90 :3
And I jumped over the wall to dread wastes. The actual battles took longer than getting there.

Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I don't know how to explain where he is (I could fly by the time I got to him), but if you'll add me through btag and invite to group, I'll fly you up there.

Battletag: RelicRaider#1153
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
NECRO NECRO. This one is 2 months old, and people already posted solutions.

Good job. At least Xandrial isn't as idiotic as repairbill's overestimation of content gating.
Reply Quote
63 Troll Shaman
I ended up having a friend with a 2-person flying mount fly me to each of the tamers that I could not reach without flying so I could get them all done before 90.

Even with a flying mount, Yon is hard to find if you do not know exactly where to look. He is in a tiny cave with a pair of gnome skeletons outside.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]