Moving to other realms

13 Goblin Hunter
Mr. Teashot was playing today, and got invited to group up with someone in another realm. When he got the message that he would be moving realms, he paniced and quit out (he's adorable that way).

So, if we do end up grouping to another realm, do we stay there? I've seen characters with the asterisk and googled that they were from other realms, how would we travel to one (I assume upgrade to a full acct would be the number one step).

Sorry for all the super newb questions, but now I'm super newbing for two.
Reply Quote
11 Goblin Shaman
All zones in the game, with the exception of the new Pandaria zones and the faction capital cities are Cross Realm Zones (CRZ). This means that several realms/servers are sharing the zones to increase the population while leveling, etc.

If you are in a group with players from a different server, you will end up playing on whatever server the leader is on. Once you leave the group or go to a faction capital, like Org, you'll be automatically put back on your own realm.
Reply Quote
13 Goblin Hunter
Good to know. Thank you.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Sorry for this late post, but I tried asking a friend in guild created a lvl 1 char on other realm and invited my 90 toon via battletag (I killed a mob before i join the pt to check if I really going to move to other realm). When he invited me, there was a dialog box that said if i joined the party, i may be moved to other realm, however after I clicked OK, nothing happen, the killed mob was still there, and clearly I was still on my realm not on the realm of the party leader. Did I do something wrong? (The tested zone was Ashenvale)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
You didn't do anything wrong. It would only change if your friend is on another group of servers and/or in another zone altogether. CRZ is setup so that some realms are grouped together. Depending on the server your friend chose, it may have been in the same group as the one your on.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Additionally, I have found that when there is a level imbalance between the various characters in a cross-realm group, the highest-level character will determine which realm the entire group ends up on. As a result, making a level 1 alt is not generally sufficient to move a high level character onto another realm.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
02/11/2013 11:16 AMPosted by Kazansky
Sorry for this late post, but I tried asking a friend in guild created a lvl 1 char on other realm and invited my 90 toon via battletag (I killed a mob before i join the pt to check if I really going to move to other realm). When he invited me, there was a dialog box that said if i joined the party, i may be moved to other realm, however after I clicked OK, nothing happen, the killed mob was still there, and clearly I was still on my realm not on the realm of the party leader. Did I do something wrong? (The tested zone was Ashenvale)

The character's level takes priority over who the group leader is. If you're lvl 90 and your friend is 89 then they will get transferred to your server and not the other way around.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Oh ok got it now, thank you guys!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]