So I just finished "The Last Guardian"...

And I have but one question: Why the hell has Jeff Grubb not been commissioned to write more Warcraft books?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
Yeah, my girlfriend just finished it, too. She said the same thing.
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Druid
Because he works for Arenanet.

It's by far the best warcraft book.
Edited by Ferlion on 9/28/2012 5:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Because then we won't have time travel or romance stories.

And I like my time travel and romance stories.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
I agree. The Last Guardian is by far the best Warcraft Book that ive read. Hope to see Grubb write another Warcraft book at some point.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk

Hey.

The Sylvari are awesome.

"Everything has a right to grow."
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage

Hey.

The Sylvari are awesome.

Never trust the plant lovers. Ever.
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Druid

Hey.

The Sylvari are awesome.

Honestly, the more of GW2 I play, the less I like it.

I've resubbed to TOR. It's such a great game, story wise. And OMG, Wolverine (Steve Blum) voices the Bounty Hunter. That's just.. awesome on levels I can't fathom.
Edited by Ferlion on 9/28/2012 6:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote

I could not agree more. His style of writing is absolutely captivating. Plus, he can develop characters like nobody else who's written a Warcraft book can.
Reply Quote
25 Blood Elf Paladin
09/28/2012 07:03 PMPosted by Rufyn
We're getting some new blood to write the next book though and it's the guy behind Star Wars: Rogue Squadron so that'll be interesting.

From what I heard, you won't like him if you like the "grey and grey" stuff that people occasionally thump.

He's a black and white author.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
09/28/2012 07:17 PMPosted by Vyrin

So basically I'll like it.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Just adding my voice here...The Last Guardian is wonderful. It would be awesome if Jeff could write more books!

I've read most of the Warcraft novels multiple times at this point, but I've read The Last Guardian more than the others. In fact, I just started reading it again last week. :)
Reply Quote
Hehe. I actually decided to pick up "Tides of Darkness" after having read it. Needless to say, the contrast between the two is pretty damn stark. :P

I don't think Aaron Rosenberg could write realistic dialogue/thought processes to save his life. >_>
Reply Quote
55 Draenei Death Knight
Because the last guardian sucked, nothing about the first war at all.
Reply Quote
96 Troll Shaman
09/28/2012 07:27 PMPosted by Rufyn

From what I heard, you won't like him if you like the "grey and grey" stuff that people occasionally thump.

Hey, it's Stackpole. He'll go along with whatever Blizzard tells him to do, but how he writes it is what I'm more interested in.
And if he does make it Black v White, I won't mind. I've had quite enough of Gray on Gray. I personally think it's time for one side to just say "Let's go wipe out the other faction for good so we never have to deal with them again".
the Horde was doing that, but now with Garrosh down i'm not too sure what Stackpole can do besides "Legion Evil Azeroth Good".

Well, it's a Vol'jin novel (with Chen Stormstout, I believe it was mentioned?), so if it is black and white, we can probably expect the Zandalari and/or Garrosh to occupy the darker side of the spectrum.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
09/28/2012 08:09 PMPosted by Crappytank

There was plenty about The Last Guardian, though. Funny how that works.
Reply Quote
09/28/2012 08:09 PMPosted by Crappytank

Oh hyperbole, you silly bastard!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]