Pet Battles Hotfixes - Updated 10/11/12

Community Manager
Updated: 10/11/2012

As you can see by the following updates, we're still keeping a very close eye on Pet Battles. You guys have been fantastic with your continued updates and we sincerely appreciate that, and your patience. Please keep in mind, due to the nature of these types of fixes, they very likely won't be active until after next week's standard maintenance has concluded. Here are the things we are hotfixing:

• Battle Pet Training is now correctly shared account wide to all characters.
  • Numerous pet battle achievements should now reward correctly:
      • Taming the World has been reduced to 40 pet tamers from 45. The achievement should now properly reward to players that earned it before or after the hotfix.
      • Taming achievements should now reward correctly. Many players reported the criteria completed but the achievement would not complete.
      • Taming achievements rewarding correctly should also alleviate the problem with daily quests not activating correctly. The daily quests are unlocked based on the Taming achievements being completed.
  • Strong and Pristine traps should now correctly be rewarded to players from achievements. This fix should retroactively award the traps to players that already have the achievements.
  • Purchasable pets have been removed from the Eastern Kingdoms Safari achievement.
  • An issue with account daily quests not resetting has been fixed.
  • Note that many of the achievement fixes will show incorrect UI until patch 5.1.0. Rest assured that the data is correctly working though.
  • An issue with phased pets in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms has been fixed.

• --

As Mists of Pandaria continues to unravel its mysteries, there are bound to be a few bugs that crop up from time to time and we’re working diligently on getting each one addressed. For the pet battlers among you, here are some of the hotfixes we’ve recently applied to the game:

• [09/28/2012] A bug has been fixed that caused turn inputs to sometimes be skipped, causing only one pet to take action that turn
  • [09/28/2012] Conceding in a random PVP Pet Battle should now count as a loss
  • [09/28/2012] State-dependent abilities should no longer have their effects reversed (example: Maul should correctly require that the target be Bleeding)
  • [09/29/2012] Many balance changes have been implemented (example: Build Turret now has a 2-round cooldown, up from 1) -- A full list of recent balance changes can be found here.
  • [10/05/2012] Issues relating to certain Pet Battles achievements have been hotfixed and should be functioning correctly across factions.

• In addition, we’re investigating a possible issue with traps not upgrading and will get it resolved as quickly as possible.

Thank you for your continued feedback and bug reports. We appreciate your enthusiasm for this new feature, as well as the time you’ve taken to discuss the Pet Battle system!
    Edited by Crithto on 10/11/2012 7:11 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    90 Blood Elf Paladin
    Is there any word about the issue that some new alts especially pandas can't learn pet battle training and thus can't buy the special pet for their race from the pet battle trainer?
    Reply Quote
    Community Manager
    09/28/2012 06:24 PMPosted by Vasala
    Is there any word about the issue that some new alts especially pandas can't learn pet battle training and thus can't buy the special pet for their race from the pet battle trainer?

Yes, this should be fixed now. =)
    Reply Quote
    90 Draenei Hunter
    I am having the same problem with not being able to train the passive pet train skill on the characters created after one of my characters trained the passive skill. all existing characters got the passive skill but not my new panda monk. can't train the passive or heal pets at stable master, but can battle the pets and heal with the icon just not at stable master. ( panda monk was created after my panda hunter trained the skill)
    Reply Quote
    90 Draenei Hunter
    nope it's not fixed
    Reply Quote
    90 Blood Elf Paladin
    Just checked my little panda still can't learn the Jade Crane Chick from Varzok and her spell book still tells her to visit the trainer to learn battle pet training which he won't teach her.
    Reply Quote
    Community Manager
    nope it's not fixed

Thank you for the update, Laurianna. I've just been informed that this is being looked into now.
    Reply Quote
    90 Draenei Hunter
    Same here
    Reply Quote
    90 Draenei Hunter
    Thanks
    Reply Quote
    90 Pandaren Hunter
    09/28/2012 06:17 PMPosted by Crithto
    Many balance changes have been implemented (example: Build Turret now has a 2-round cooldown, up from 1)

Any chance we can get a list of all the balance changes?
    Edited by Reefguy on 9/28/2012 7:15 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    86 Draenei Shaman
    Currently, Siphon Life doesn't have a duration that matches the description ( actually does damage for 4 turns, says it lasts 5 turns, buff icon says 3 turns), Scorched Earth doesn't properly deal damage at the start of every turn if the user of the move dies while it is still active, and Lift-off occasionally doesn't cause the pet to fly up in the air, resulting in them taking damage on that turn.

I have been reporting these bugs as individual threads, which is the standard for regular bugs, but should we be reporting Pet Battle bugs in batches instead? There seem to be quite a number!
    Reply Quote
    90 Dwarf Death Knight
    What about the Taming Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms achievements? Right now you have to beat both the intro tamers for alliance and Horde, which seems redundant, and even after that, they're bugged - on a horde character of mine, even though all the prereqs are filled out, I don't have Taming the Eastern Kingdoms, though I do have Taming Kalimdor, somehow, despite having never completed the pet battle horde intro line.
    Edited by Orethen on 9/28/2012 7:33 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    90 Worgen Mage
    In the unlikely chance that this info might be useful, my Tauren Monk still does not have Pet Battle training (since you said you were looking into the issue).

He is able to participate in Pet Battles, capture pets, and use the Revive Pet button. I can earn credit for the quests that are already in my log and turn them in, but I am unable to use my Pet Bandages, the Stable Master, or pick up more quests related to the chain.
    Reply Quote
    70 Gnome Warlock
    Any word on fixes for the Pet Journal bugs? ie Pets being randomly "sorted" and filters being reset when changing zones?
    Reply Quote
    90 Tauren Shaman
    Have there been any reports of master trainer battle quests being assigned out of order, or skipping master trainers? I defeated Merda Stronghoof in Desolace, and she gave me a quest to battle with Cassandra in Southern Barrens, completely skipping Traitor Gluk and Elena Flutterfly. Should I abandon the quest and try picking it up again? I have gone back to Org to see if I missed something there, but not finding any quests for pet battling there.
    Reply Quote
    Any word on the bug report I submitted yesterday about the Shrine Fly (Jade Forest) being captured but not being in the journal at all? Also, from the stats it had I speculate it was a rare one, but when the capture warning popped up, the name on the link wasn't blue, but yellow. And when someone clicked on it, it took them to a random snake pet in the journal.
    Reply Quote
    50 Gnome Warrior
    09/28/2012 07:14 PMPosted by Reefguy
    Many balance changes have been implemented (example: Build Turret now has a 2-round cooldown, up from 1)

Any chance we can get a list of all the balance changes?
    This, please.
    Reply Quote
    90 Blood Elf Paladin
    09/28/2012 09:00 PMPosted by Ztormcloud
    Have there been any reports of master trainer battle quests being assigned out of order, or skipping master trainers? I defeated Merda Stronghoof in Desolace, and she gave me a quest to battle with Cassandra in Southern Barrens, completely skipping Traitor Gluk and Elena Flutterfly. Should I abandon the quest and try picking it up again? I have gone back to Org to see if I missed something there, but not finding any quests for pet battling there.

Just keep following the chain. Some of the masters come in a quest to defeat several of them to finish it ;).
    Reply Quote
    86 Undead Rogue
    Please fix the issue with the traps not becoming stronger soon!
    Reply Quote
    90 Tauren Shaman
    @ Vasala:
    So far, the trainers' pets' levels have increased only slightly from trainer to trainer for the first four battle pet trainer quests. However, the jump in pet level from Merda to Cassandra is 3 levels, 10 to 13, skipping the two trainers whose pets' levels would fill in that gap. Just doesn't seem like a logical progression to me.

Update: Tried abandoning and re-acquiring the quest. Still sends me to Cassandra. So, I guess I go wild pet battle for those levels. <shrug>
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]