Pet Battles Hotfixes - Updated 10/11/12

100 Dwarf Hunter
For the Deadwind Pass, you have to go into the masters cellar although it has limited spawns so you have to do it early after the midnight reset.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Hunter
10/11/2012 07:07 PMPosted by Crithto
Purchasable pets have been removed from the Eastern Kingdoms Safari achievement.

That's the dragonhawk hatchlings, right? They're still there...and greyed out. Not sure how that got messed up.

Thanks to you guys for trying though. Hopefully next hotfix actually fixes it.
Edited by Valkira on 10/13/2012 6:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
10/13/2012 06:55 PMPosted by Valkira
That's the dragonhawk hatchlings, right? They're still there...and greyed out. Not sure how that got messed up.

10/11/2012 07:07 PMPosted by Crithto
Please keep in mind, due to the nature of these types of fixes, they very likely won't be active until after next week's standard maintenance has concluded.

Let them actually put the fixes in before you tell them they didn't work. :p
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Hunter

Please keep in mind, due to the nature of these types of fixes, they very likely won't be active until after next week's standard maintenance has concluded.

Let them actually put the fixes in before you tell them they didn't work. :p

Thanks for pointing that out =P I tend to miss things when I read. Also saw some other responses with the same thing after I posted so didn't think to go back and re-read. The way it was first worded led to believe it was all supposed to be in now due to it being a hotfix. If it is being applied during a normal maintenance then I don't consider that a hot fix.
Edited by Valkira on 10/13/2012 10:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I am having an issue in Undercity with several Battle Pet spawn points being in "obstructed" areas. Some of them are truly obstructed, such as the ones that spawn on top of the Auctioneers, and some are not. The spawn points in Sylvanas' throne room always come up as "obstructed" despite sometimes having more open space for a battle there than by the vendors/trainers. I have tried to start battles from several different angles in the throne room, but cannot find one that actually works.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
VLM
Hello, I am having a issue where my pet battle captures are not being counted as 'completed' in the [Eastern Kingdom Safari] example: Crimson Moth
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Currently looking at a bug where if a moth uses the silk cocoon ability (blocks the next strike) and gets hit with two damaging effects (like a panther cub's pounce, which does extra damage if the cub goes first), the buff is removed and damage taken from the second strike, but the visual effect of being in a cocoon remains until the moth dies.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
I have a constant bug where my Fel Flame casts Conflagrate and I do not get the second attack. I have all times had either a burn on the target or this very last time just now, I had scorched earth up. The only thing I can think that might have messed this up would be that the opponent was an elemental and therefore immune to weather effects and therefor not burning?

Another is with Arcane Explosion not always dealing half the damage dealt. The back-line damage is effected by the dragon perk dropping someone below 25%, but not from hitting the front-line pet with a weakness to magic or from crit. damage, the back-line only gets half base damage. This could be by design though the tool tip explains otherwise... I'll have to test if other damage increases effect back-line damage.
Edited by Endreagoe on 10/14/2012 3:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
I have still yet to have seen a Minfernal. While we're at it, the Scourged Whelpling respawn rate is still broken, as is the Giraffe Calf. ALL of Storm Peaks is broken. Not a single battle pet spawn in the entire zone.

Are these fixes waiting on a server restart?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
No one = you? Because, it's obvious by this being 13 pages long that plenty of people care about it. And I don't know if you noticed patch notes... but they are always tweaking classes...
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
10/02/2012 02:14 PMPosted by Omegal
I have one question. Why can't we use our pets to battle crithto in stormwind?.

I am pretty sure Crithto is a lv 91? Beast and not a pet. He can however be attacked by players and last time I checked 1 shots some people.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
REALLY glad that you guys are keeping a close eye on Pet Battles, cause PVP sure as hell isn't being balanced. Pet Battles = Future of WoW PVP. Expect Pet Battle arenas to come in later patches.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
10/15/2012 01:39 AMPosted by Eripsni
REALLY glad that you guys are keeping a close eye on Pet Battles, cause PVP sure as hell isn't being balanced. Pet Battles = Future of WoW PVP. Expect Pet Battle arenas to come in later patches.

By the way, that WAS sarcasm for those Sheldon Coopers out there.
Reply Quote
Some of the safari achievements still don't recognize a lot of pets. All the dragonhawks, the wharf rat, crimson moth, and a few others not showing up as complete on my list.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
I beat my 40th trainer tonight and did not get the accomplishment.

added: after I beat my 42nd trainer the count stayed at 41.
Edited by Reeverswoman on 10/15/2012 6:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Rogue
do you guys have any progress on thous of use who abandoned the quest and are unable to pick it back up? i submitted a ticket and was told that GMs do not give hints but i was reporting what I thought was a bug. I was told to look up this site and several other people are reporting the same problem. i dropped the quest to make room for other quests and since then have not been able to pick it up. i was on the Ashenvail part of the pet battle quest chain.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
Hax
Just wanted to shout out a thank you for fixing daily pet battles. It's so fantastic that I don't have to grind my face against random pet battles that grant 1/4th of the xp.

Another bug I just wanted to get out there to make sure it's known:

Occasionally the class ability of mechanical pets will not proc. They are supposed to come back to life, but sometimes when killed they simply just die, and no reincarnation occurs. I have noticed this happen once or twice as well with my Undead Scourged Whelpling. I have no clue what the conditions for this could possibly be as it seems pretty random.

I took a screenshot of this occuring while fighting Obalis.

http://i.imgur.com/cDfNV.gif

As you can see, I was forced to swap my pet to my Sprite Darter Hatchling immediately after the first death (with no second death). The second time fighting Obalis, the class ability procced just fine however.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
did the ability chew get a major nerf today???
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]