Pet Battles Hotfixes - Updated 10/11/12

100 Night Elf Rogue
Is it just me or when you click on a pet link in-game, hitting escape won't clear it from the screen. Have to close it manually. Is that just something in the options to un/check?
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
I am in Desolace, and began fighting a Horny Toad in a regular 'wild' battle when a Gazelle joined the battle. The Gazelle has the text "Your enemy pet is not capturable." Is it intended that 'wild' battles have pets join that cannot be captured?

I'm fighting a Desert Spider with an Alpine Chipmunk. I used Nut Barrage (Hurls nuts at the enemy, dealing 116 Critter damage.) but in the combat log it says "Nut Barrage dealt 36 damage ... missed ... dealt 40 damage" all in the same round. The tooltip should read "Hurls 3 nuts at the enemy, dealing 36 Critter damage each. This ability has a high chance to miss."

I'm fighting a Toad with a Chicken. I used Egg Barrage (Hurls eggs at the enemy, dealing 63 Critter damage.) but in the combat log it says "Egg Barrage missed ... missed ... missed ... dealt 56 damage" all in the same round. The tooltip should read "Hurls 4 eggs at the enemy, dealing 63 Critter damage each. This ability has a high chance to miss."

Interestingly, Nut Barrage and Egg Barrage use a different system than Moth Ball (I think that's what it's called) in that the speed reduction of the Moth Ball attack is calculated like a regular attack, but the round over round Nut/Egg Barrage is not, it just is automatically applied. I feel that Moth Ball should automatically apply their round over round effect, just like Nut/Egg Barrage does.

If you're fighting a wild pet battle, but get interrupted by a mob attacking you, your pets health remain at whatever damaged state they were when you were forced out of the battle, but the wild pets health goes back to full. I know this is just like in regular combat, but in regular combat you can heal / bandage / etc. while in pet battles Revive Battle Pets is on an 8 minute cooldown (or you have to fly to the local 'healer' or use a Battle Pet Bandage). It should return your pets to the health they were at the start of combat (or fully heal them) if you get interrupted by a mob attacking you.

I'm trying to capture a level 12 Rare Snake. In round 7 I used Strong Trap (failed). In round 9 I used Strong Trap (failed). In round 10 I used Strong Trap (failed). In round 11 I used Strong Trap (failed). In round 12 I used Strong Trap (success). Does that mean that the base was 0%? Having an idea of the base chance of whether or not a trap would work would be nice. Further, if a target burrows, puts up a cocoon, gets a 100% dodge buff, does that count into whether or not they will be captured?

I'm using Warbot and I used Extra Plating (The user equips additional plating reducing all damage taken by 50% for 2 turns.) which applied Extra Plating in round 2. Extra Plating faded in round 5 (so it was active for 4 turns from round 2 through round 5).

I'm fighting a Rattlesnake with a Snake. In round 6 the rattlesnake used Burrow to apply Underground. In round 7 I used Burrow to apply Underground to my snake. Despite the description "Burrow under the ground, becoming unattackable for one round" the rattlesnake did 178 damage to my snake before Underground faded from my snake.
Reply Quote
55 Goblin Death Knight
this may have been mentioned but i hate it when i do pet battles my toon is out in the open and i had hordes just gank me when i do my battles just really annoyin
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
11/07/2012 05:33 PMPosted by Quinzap
this may have been mentioned but i hate it when i do pet battles my toon is out in the open and i had hordes just gank me when i do my battles just really annoyin
I believe that is intended on PvP servers, but I thought they mentioned that if you were in a Pet Battle you would come out of it with a shield for several seconds to let you get your bearings. I agree, though, that having Pet Battles interruptible by randomly wandering PvE Mobs or drected PvP toons are both irritating.

No mention of Pet Battle fixes in the most recent Hotfix (November 6) here ... http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/7207170
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
I believe that is intended on PvP servers, but I thought they mentioned that if you were in a Pet Battle you would come out of it with a shield for several seconds to let you get your bearings. I agree, though, that having Pet Battles interruptible by randomly wandering PvE Mobs or drected PvP toons are both irritating.
Found it here ... search for "Pet Battles Q&A with Cory Stockton"
Q: Is there going to be a noticeable difference in the experience for players earning Pet Battles levels and finding new pets on PvP realms, as opposed to normal realms?

CS: You’re definitely more vulnerable to attack while doing Pet Battles on a PvP realm, but we’ve accounted for that. If you’re in the Pet Battles UI when an enemy player hits you, you get a shield that absorbs damage for three seconds. You have time to come out of the Pet Battle and take care of business with the other player, and we respawn your pet for you, so you don’t lose it. On PvP realms, we made sure that you can get attacked during Pet Battles, because we didn’t want the system to be an escape from that vulnerability.
Edited by Alitari on 11/8/2012 7:57 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
As of today after the reset, all of my pet achievements that were in progress reset. I was close to the achievement for 400 unique pets. Now I am at zero. I have no credit for pets caught in various zones. Anything that was partially completed is now reset at zero. Is anyone else experiencing this?
Reply Quote
76 Orc Mage
Sapphire Cub,Jade Owl and Red Cricket should be automaticly Rare Quality

At the minimum Red Cricket, since you can have only 1 per charachter
Reply Quote
34 Goblin Hunter
The Pet Bombling's mine field doesn't go off if the Bombling dies. No where does it say that it should.
It sure stays up for the entirety of the fight even after he's dead but it never goes off even when the opponent switches mid-battle. It SHOULD go off.

Focus Chi really needs another round cooldown for the Monk. As it is now, It's Focus Chi...Jab...and you're pretty much dead if not really really dead. Then it's just rinse and repeat with your others. To beat him you have to be lucky with a stun or two. I'm not looking to gut him, just either add a round cooldown or have the bonus damage smaller. It's too nuk-ey.

Also have issues with pet bombing, sometimes it doesn't go off. Putting multiple bombs onto the field just breaks existing bombs.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
There are several Imperial Eagle Chicks flying waaaaay up around the treetops in Grizzly Hills, where they can't be battled. Could they maybe be relocated somewhere more friendly, please?
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
No mention of Pet Battle fixes in the most recent Hotfix (November 12) here ... http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/7207170
Reply Quote
24 Dwarf Hunter
10/31/2012 01:26 AMPosted by Alitari
The tooltip for Spiked Skin suggests that it does 21 damage, but I'm only taking 15-17 points of damage (same combination as above).

The frog is an Aquatic, which take 25% less damage from damage over time attacks.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
11/15/2012 09:37 AMPosted by Ungorojoe
The frog is an Aquatic, which take 25% less damage from damage over time attacks.
Good catch, thank you.

I am fighting a Mei Li Sparkler with a Rock Viper. I used Poison Fang (Instantly deals 141 Beast damage and deals 71 additional Elemental damage per round for 5 rounds) but the applied Poisoned is only lasting two rounds (the round it is applied and the round following that). I then switched to a Bandicoon Kit and used that Poison Fang and it had the same effect (2 round duration). I killed the Sparkler then an Amethyst Spiderling then swapped in and the same thing happened (2 round duration on Poison Fang). I finished that battle and started a new one and the same thing happened. Using a Crunchy Scorpion, I used Sting and its duration was normal.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
I'm running into an issue in the last couple days that I haven't seen before.

When a PVE Pet Battle pet is the last one alive and dies while killing your active pet, you are ported out of your battle and not awarded a win.

Example. I had a DoT on an opponent pet, it went first in the turn, killed my active pet (with two pets remaining alive), died from the DoT and then POOF! I was out in the world with no exp, a dead pet and 2 pets with low health.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I'm i the only one who noticed some pet i caugh does not show up in my achievement list? i saw people with Pandaria Safari, so i know it's possible, but i got Feverbite Hatchling, Shrine Fly and Emperor Carb (all uncommon quality and up) and they still say i don't have them....any clue what i'm doing wrong?
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
11/22/2012 12:21 AMPosted by Zhü
I'm i the only one who noticed some pet i caugh does not show up in my achievement list? i saw people with Pandaria Safari, so i know it's possible, but i got Feverbite Hatchling, Shrine Fly and Emperor Carb (all uncommon quality and up) and they still say i don't have them....any clue what i'm doing wrong?

Nothing - it's a UI display glitch. When you get the rest of the pets for Pandaria Safari, you'll get the achievement.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
i havent found any problems with pet battles
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
11/22/2012 07:49 AMPosted by Lighthuman
i havent found any problems with pet battles
You aren't looking closely enough then.
Reply Quote
89 Blood Elf Hunter
11/10/2012 10:24 AMPosted by Misteltoe
As of today after the reset, all of my pet achievements that were in progress reset. I was close to the achievement for 400 unique pets. Now I am at zero. I have no credit for pets caught in various zones. Anything that was partially completed is now reset at zero. Is anyone else experiencing this?

i have been but it seems to fix itself after exiting the game and logging back in
Reply Quote
89 Blood Elf Hunter
hot-fix said it fixed the safari achievements but it still not counting the pets i already have in journal do i need to re-buy again to get this
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I am having a big issue with pet battles at the moment. When I try to capture a NEW pet, one I have never had before, or pets I only have one of, the trap will not spring when the enemy pet is at 25% health. When I mouse over the trap it says I own three of the pet already. This is not the case.

I have tried deleting my WTF, Cache and Interface. Tried to capture pets with a fresh interface (no addons at all) I have tried in Hyjel and Valley of the four winds, and always get the same thing.

I have followed directions given to me by the blizzard team when they responded to my ticket. This issue is not resolved. Any word on if anyone else is having this issue and when it might be fixed?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]