Pet Battles Hotfixes - Updated 10/11/12

100 Night Elf Druid
The Pet Bombling's mine field doesn't go off if the Bombling dies. No where does it say that it should.
It sure stays up for the entirety of the fight even after he's dead but it never goes off even when the opponent switches mid-battle. It SHOULD go off.
For me, the point of the mine field isn't to cause damage when it ends, but to provide a disincentive to swap pets. If you manage to survive through the length of the mine field (I've normally seen it as 9 turns), it should dissipate, not doing any damage ... the damage should only occur if you decide to swap pets.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
09/28/2012 06:17 PMPosted by Crithto
  • A bug has been fixed that caused turn inputs to sometimes be skipped, causing only one pet to take action that turn
  • Nope, not fixed yet. I see this in both PvP and PvE battles. I haven't been able to see any pattern to it, other than it often chains (happens many times in a row).
    Reply Quote
    I've experienced a bug where sometimes a mechanical pet's passive of resurrecting himself doesn't proc despite not having died in that fight beforehand. I've planned counter attacks and come backs with that passive, and that bug has certainly gotten me killed at times.
    Reply Quote
    100 Orc Hunter
    10/01/2012 06:27 AMPosted by Minkus
    I've experienced a bug where sometimes a mechanical pet's passive of resurrecting himself doesn't proc despite not having died in that fight beforehand. I've planned counter attacks and come backs with that passive, and that bug has certainly gotten me killed at times.

I've had that happen to me a few times, say once in every 50 battles or so.

Aside from that and the CRZ issue with Minfernals, I haven't suffered the wrath of the bugs yet. *fingers crossed*

Time played at 90: 2 days, 6 hours
    Time doing pet battle stuff at 90: Pretty much the entire time. Hahahaha
    Reply Quote
    85 Night Elf Druid
    Any chance of adding more slots or a way to save a team so you don't have to constantly look them up and add them... One could be for solo leveling while another might be for pvp battles.
    Reply Quote
    my pet battle journal says i have 90 pets, but when i scroll through all my pets i can plainly see i have no where near that number.............
    Reply Quote
    100 Orc Death Knight
    Pretty sure nobody has mentioned this one yet. The Eastern Kingdoms Safari achievement requires you to capture four pets which in fact are not capturable - they are sold by vendors. The offenders are the three dragonhawk hatchlings and the Undercity cockroach. Until they are removed, nobody can complete the achievement.
    Reply Quote
    67 Undead Death Knight
    its not fixed my panda cant buy her class pet or do the quests but can battle
    Edited by Buryem on 10/1/2012 1:21 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    90 Blood Elf Paladin
    Is there any word on the bug with some pets like the Garden moth and Silkbead snail that show up in yellow text when you catch them and don't show in the pet journal?
    Reply Quote
    56 Gnome Warrior
    Still getting ignored inputs.
    Reply Quote
    Blizzard Employee
    Thanks everyone for all the updates and continued reports. I've collected everything you've shared so far and have forwarded it along to the necessary people. If you encounter any other concerns regarding Pet Battles, please post them here.
    Reply Quote
    85 Blood Elf Warlock
    well i came into the forums to report problems ive had with the apocalpyse move but im gonna add a few other things ive seen yesterday that has said its been fixed

1st: the skipped moves that seem to happen, you click your move and nothing happends, the enemy just a gets a free attack. ive seen this a few times a week ago, but it happend yestreday to me when i would fight wild toads. it wasnt a one time thing it either. it happend almost every battle and would happen 3-4 times in a row withought me getting to use the attack i clicked, and i wasnt turned into a frog, stunned, or any other status effect. so i stayed away from toads and it didnt happen anymore. seems they are bugged.

2nd: The mechanical and Undeads "Last stand" so to speak ability after they fall doesnt work every time. i use a shadeling for power leveling a pet to get all the bonus experience on one pet, using him to kill the first 2 wild pets and die on the last one, then the pet i want to lvl goes in for the last 1-2 turns for a victory. his last ditch effort to get in one final attack helps out alot, but it seems to not work about 10-20% of the time. i had raised mechanical pets too and they dont always work but it could have been fixed. the shade not coming back for 1 more turn happend yesterday

3rd: The reason i came here, APOCALPYSE. from the discription it sounds like it hits all pets currently active in the battle, not just the ones in the front row. while leveling in netherstorm i had a fight with 2 nether roaches and something else. lineup was roach, ???, then another roach. i wasnt trying to catch anything just level up. well the first roach came out and the first move he used was apocalypse. so i tried my best to end the fight quickly but its tough with a lvl 19 team when your opponents are lvl 20. well sad to say i killed the first 2 pets and had the roach left, meanwhile i had lost only one single pet but couldnt kill the last roach in time. the move went off showing the meteor come down, and to my surprise it was multiple meteors and not just a single one. one came down for every pet, even for the dead pets in the back row of the enemy team showing as misses, since they are dead. also killing all my team even the one sitting in back with full hp, leaving the enemy roach left alive. sure enough i lost and when i saw this i thought....I WANT a roach now!

so i finally get my rare nether roach and my brother gets online and i show him what i just cuaght, and he asks me what does apocalpyse looke like. so i explained to him the way i saw it happen to me on my loss against it. i then tell him ill level it to lvl 20 and show him in a duel. so 15 minutes later my roach is lvl 20 and im ready to show him. but it doesnt work the way it worked against me.

the first move i used was apocalypse, and we just kept on hitting pass to speed up the 15 turns. well the move was finally ready to go off but it wasnt the same as before. a meteor came down and killed his front line pet and killed it, then one came down on my roach and kiled it, IT DIDNT EVEN SURVIVE. then that was it, it was over and it didnt even attack the pets in the back like it did before against me. so something is seriously bugged with it.

if its not supposed to hit the pets in back please change the description to all front line pets and not all active pets. also fix the bug where it hits and kills roaches too
    Reply Quote
    100 Undead Priest
  • A bug has been fixed that caused turn inputs to sometimes be skipped, causing only one pet to take action that turn
  • [...]
    In addition, we’re investigating a possible issue with traps not upgrading and will get it resolved as quickly as possible.

We're still seeing both of those, as recently as an hour ago. I realize that the trap upgrading was not announced as fixed yet. :-)

Okay, now the trap upgrades are claimed to be fixed (in the generic "5.0.5 Hotfixes" thread), but they're definitely still broken.
    Reply Quote
    100 Night Elf Druid
    Various bugs:

Repair will not fire if the enemy dies while it's running (IE a Boombot kills it).

Have been in several battles where my action does not get processed resulting in me taking damage up to 5 rounds before I can use any ability.

If Lil'XT dies any active Boombot will grow large and stay on the field, but not explode.

This last one could just be RNG, but Screeching Gears says it has a 25% chance to stun, but it seems much higher than that based on the Master Trainers I've fought against.
    Reply Quote
    I was robbed of my 'Time to Open a Pet Store' achievement! I completed Grand Master Pet Battler (20 points) and Experienced Pet Brawler (10 points) while being 30 away from my goal... but when they flashed on the screen as completed, they only read 5 points a piece, and it wouldn't count for my Time to Open a Pet Store! I'm still 20 off now! Please, please fix this!
    Reply Quote
    90 Dwarf Death Knight
    One general balance concern that I've discussed elsewhere, but will mention here for good measure - Chew, an ability found on sheep, rams, and beavers, seems to be wildly out of balance, doing as much damage as a deep breath (2.5x "standard attack" damage) all on its own but only taking up one turn's actions to do so and only having a 1 turn cooldown.

Also, Takedown, an ability found on the Pandaren Monk and Sporeling Sprout, does exactly as much damage as a basic attack, with no cooldown, but also does double damage if the target is stunned. This seems unlikely to be intended, as no other ability is strictly better than a basic attack, and seems especially odd given that the ability you can choose in its place in both cases *is* a basic attack that deals the same type of damage as Takedown (humanoid) - meaning that there's no real choice at all for those slots for those pets.
    Reply Quote
    100 Orc Hunter
    10/01/2012 11:10 PMPosted by Layton
    I was robbed of my 'Time to Open a Pet Store' achievement! I completed Grand Master Pet Battler (20 points) and Experienced Pet Brawler (10 points) while being 30 away from my goal... but when they flashed on the screen as completed, they only read 5 points a piece, and it wouldn't count for my Time to Open a Pet Store! I'm still 20 off now! Please, please fix this!

http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=6591
    It shows 20 points because it's fourth in the series. It, and the first three, are each worth 5 points.
    Reply Quote
    10/01/2012 11:23 PMPosted by Ryxl

http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=6591
    It shows 20 points because it's fourth in the series. It, and the first three, are each worth 5 points.

That has to be a mistake. Winning 1000 pet battles should not be worth the same as winning 10. And it clearly says in the logbook that it's worth more.
    Reply Quote
    100 Orc Hunter
    10/01/2012 11:31 PMPosted by Layton
    And it clearly says in the logbook that it's worth more.

Yes...and if you click on it, it shows you the other three 5-point achievements that contribute to that 20. Just like the achievements for hitting level 10, 20, and 30 all collapse under the one for reaching level 40, the prerequisite achievements for winning smaller amounts of pet battles collapse under the one for winning 1,000, and the achievement points are totaled so that people don't think the others just vanished. Please, use some common sense.
    Reply Quote
    10/01/2012 11:36 PMPosted by Ryxl
    And it clearly says in the logbook that it's worth more.

Yes...and if you click on it, it shows you the other three 5-point achievements that contribute to that 20. Just like the achievements for hitting level 10, 20, and 30 all collapse under the one for reaching level 40, the prerequisite achievements for winning smaller amounts of pet battles collapse under the one for winning 1,000, and the achievement points are totaled so that people don't think the others just vanished. Please, use some common sense.

So, does that mean any achievements that have lower portions (5 to 15 to 20), I should just subtract what I already did, even if there's no indication to do so on the list? How is that intuitive? Now I don't know what's worth what. Screw it, then.
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]