Pet Battles Hotfixes - Updated 10/11/12

90 Human Paladin
i like making raids to kill you in game crithto! lol
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Mechanical pets don't have their type ability 'light up' always when brought back to life. It happens inconsistently.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
10/01/2012 06:27 AMPosted by Minkus
I've experienced a bug where sometimes a mechanical pet's passive of resurrecting himself doesn't proc despite not having died in that fight beforehand. I've planned counter attacks and come backs with that passive, and that bug has certainly gotten me killed at times.
I've had the same thing happen with my Undead pet, where they don't come back for their final turn.

Another note: Just had a wild pet battle (level 22s) where I opened with a 20 Spider (Rare), killed two of the PvE pets then switched to my 23 Creepy Crate to finish the last one, but only got XP on my Creepy Crate, but the Spider had survived the battle.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Here is the latest information I’ve received from our developers regarding some of the concerns you folks have shared with us:

• Several of the hotfixes that have been applied needed realm restarts to take affect; with today’s maintenance, they should now be in place
      • Tooltip text on abilities that had balance fixes (e.g. Siphon Life)
      • Pets that didn’t appear in the journal (e.g. Crimson Moth); there are still a few pets missing which should show up after next week’s maintenance
  • Expunge damage has been increased by 10%
  • Pet Battles matchmaking has received some tweaks, you should now find PvP matches to be much more in line with your pets’ levels even if your opponent’s pets are dramatically different in level
  • Inputs randomly skipping should finally be resolved as of today’s restarts
  • We’re still working on Strong and Pristine traps not applying correctly and working on fixing this as quickly as possible

• As you continue to take on Azeroth’s ferocious critters, please don’t hesitate to let us know if you encounter any issues, specifically with inputs being skipped.
    Reply Quote
    90 Blood Elf Paladin
    If a player abandons one of the Trainer Battle Quests because they need the space in the log while leveling (as I did on my Pandaren! It's very easy to have access to 25-30 quests simultaneously in Hellfire!) could we please get the quest able to be picked up from either the last trainer the player successfully beat or the one that they need to fight to proceed?

Currently if you abandon the quest there is no way to pick it back up and proceed. This was disheartening to say the least when my Pandaren hit 85 and I wanted to do these quests as a break. I've had a ticket in for a day or two now, but I think it would really be more thorough to fix it just by having a gossip or a quest on a trainer (the Org/SW trainer would likely be the easiest, since people could quickly forget who they last battled and need to go searching through wowhead and other databases) for easy resume.
    Reply Quote
    90 Human Paladin
    not sure if anyone has mentioned cyclone on some pets glitching just about every time i use it
    Reply Quote
    MVP - Technical Support
    90 Human Warrior
    I have one question. Why can't we use our pets to battle crithto in stormwind?.
    Reply Quote
    90 Undead Priest
    Battlemaster Antari (master in shadowmoon valley) is obstructed today. Cannot battle him.
    Reply Quote
    My Gnome's turrets don't always get built. Sometimes it just freezes, the opponent makes a cheering noise as I sob (apt) and the turn passes.
    Reply Quote
    90 Tauren Druid
    Are there plans to prevent opposite faction players from attacking you in the middle of a world pet battle? Waited over 3 hours for spawn of onyxia to pop up and ally attacked me in middle of battle and ruined my chances. I think I speak for a majority of people when I say this needs to be remedied
    Reply Quote
    90 Night Elf Druid
    I'm fighting "Rot" and I got this: "[Bomb] fades from enemy team." without being Dodged, Missing, or being Blocked or doing any damage. I also got this facing "Beakmaster X-225" and "Helios".

Further, in round 15, "Sleet" died, but used [Undead] and then they returned for 2 (two) rounds (instead of 1) doing [Frost Breath] in both turns, finally dying in round 17.

I got into a battle with "Spooky Strangler" who used [Death Grip] but it was blocked by [Decoy], and yet both my Creepy Crate is now the active pet and my Darkmoon Zeppelin is out in front (visually it looks like the Zepplin should be fighting, but the controls, damage, etc. are the Crate's).

I'm fighting "Grizzle" and I got this twice: [Curse of Doom] fades from enemy team." without being Dodged, Missing, or being Blocked or doing any damage. I also got this when facing "Beakmaster X-225", "Kali", "Incinderous", "Spring", and "Clatter".

My Darkmoon Zeppelin (mechanical type) just died to "Beakmaster X-225" without triggering [Failsafe] although when "Beakmaster X-225" died, it did trigger it's own [Failsafe].

Is [Bash] intended to bypass [Decoy]?

If the achievements and quests are account bound, is it intended that the Sack of Pet Supplies and the useful items inside are Soulbound?

Is it intended that [Failsafe] activates in the middle of the round, unlike [Undead]? From what I can tell, [Failsafe] occurs the instant the Mechanical unit dies while [Undead] occurs at the end of the turn but before the Undead unit takes its action (unless it performed its action earlier in the round). [Failsafe] can then be bypassed by multi-attacks unlike [Undead]; your Mechanical unit takes the first hit from a multi-attack, dies, [Failsafe] kicks in, then takes the remainder of the attacks from the multi-attack and then could die again.
    Reply Quote
    90 Night Elf Druid
    10/02/2012 03:23 PMPosted by Algemagorgic
    Are there plans to prevent opposite faction players from attacking you in the middle of a world pet battle? Waited over 3 hours for spawn of onyxia to pop up and ally attacked me in middle of battle and ruined my chances. I think I speak for a majority of people when I say this needs to be remedied
    I think they've talked about this. If you're on a PvP server, you should not be surprised if this happens. They even expected it, by giving a defender a 3 second shield to be able to defend themselves.
    Reply Quote
    90 Gnome Mage
    Capturing the pets that were added to the journal in the hotfixes (ie devouring maggot, crimson moth) do not grant credit for the safari achievements (Northrend safari, Eastern Kingdoms Safari).

Also, Golden/Red/Silver Dragonhawk hatchlings are part of the Eastern Kingdoms Safari achievement, yet they are vendor pets, and are not caught in the wild, thus can never be given credit, rending this achievement unobtainable.
    Reply Quote
    90 Human Warlock
    I was fighting a pet called Ram in Arathi Highlands but wasn't able to catch it. Are some pets that you battle just not able to be caught?
    Reply Quote
    90 Gnome Mage
    Also it seems that the dailies are not dailies >< I've completed the tamer for every continent and I am only able to complete the dailies once. They never reset the next day for me.
    Reply Quote
    90 Night Elf Druid
    Also it seems that the dailies are not dailies >< I've completed the tamer for every continent and I am only able to complete the dailies once. They never reset the next day for me.
    I have seen the same thing. I assumed that once you complete a certain 'tier' you can't go back (so you could do the Outland ones and then do the dailies with the last guy, but as soon as you started the Northrend stuff, you were locked out), but it would make leveling a second set of pets very time consuming if you didn't have these dailies.
    Reply Quote
    90 Night Elf Druid
    10/02/2012 03:52 PMPosted by Quinnmalory
    I was fighting a pet called Ram in Arathi Highlands but wasn't able to catch it. Are some pets that you battle just not able to be caught?
    I've had the same thing happen to me ... a pet joins the battle and the new pet is untamable.
    Reply Quote
    90 Dwarf Death Knight
    It may have already been mentioned here, but all damaging effects that happen after the turn in which the ability that causes them are cast (dots and delayed attacks, like whirlpool or curse of doom) stop working when the pet who cast them died. DoT's stop ticking (despite still appearing as debuffs) and triggered attacks never trigger when it gets around to them. This seems to be unlikely to be intended - at the very least, if it is intended, having the icons go away would be nice.
    Edited by Orethen on 10/3/2012 1:03 AM PDT
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]