Pet Battles Hotfixes - Updated 10/11/12

85 Goblin Shaman
deleted.
Edited by Darghon on 10/5/2012 11:14 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Casting cyclone from moonkin hatchling seems to freeze the battle or pause it in place for a good 40seconds you guys aware? posted this to Zarhym on twitter and told me to mention it here.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warrior
NOT FIXED 100% if you want my opinion, it is bs to attack first round and not be able to attack again till round 11-13 or your own pet is dead because the computer/AI just wants to attack and attack and attack.

Never in BETA was I able to attack more than 2 or 3 times at the most EVER and you are telling me that this is FIXED? Yea well I got screen shots of my pet battle tab, feel free to email me and I will show you twice that you are lying or the bugs are back.

When this happens the enemy pet has over 1500 haste (hover over its tooltip). I have a couple of screenshots where this happened to prove it if it would help blizz?

When fighting a mechanopeep from that trainer at the argent tourny my gnome will not reanimate after it dies.

Lastly allot of my achievements are bugged/not recognised both ingame and in the armory.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
1) Another bug, Dazzling dance is only giving a 25% team speed bonus rather than the 50% listed.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
2) The Cyclone ability of pets like Tiny Twister and Sea Gull frequently bugs out and gets stuck on the active pet being attacked. It takes a few minutes before it clears and the battle can continue- even if you try to forfeit.

2) The Blighthawks in Andorhal in Western Plaguelands were at first appearing on the map but not able to be seen; now, they appear to be floating in the air in a seated position.

3) Numerous Little Black Rams in Loch Modan are placed in such a way on mountaintops that they are just not able to be engaged in battle due to terrian issues.
I've seen all of these as well.
Reply Quote
64 Troll Shaman
10/02/2012 01:23 PMPosted by Crithto
As you continue to take on Azeroth’s ferocious critters, please don’t hesitate to let us know if you encounter any issues, specifically with inputs being skipped.

My Devouring Maggot now shows up in my pet journal... but after totaling up all of my mini-pets and comparing them to my achievements, I have come to the conclusion that it is not counted towards my total number of unique mini-pets.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
We have a quick update about the Pet Battles achievements you guys have been great in reporting: Cory Stockton has just announced that they've located what was causing the issue and it has been hotfixed. They should be functioning correctly now across both factions.
Reply Quote
23 Pandaren Monk

Thank you for the update, Laurianna. I've just been informed that this is being looked into now.

I just tried to learn the Jade Crane Chick on my new Panda, and she can't learn it. The trainer tells me that I need to learn Pet Battle Training, but he won't teach me since I already learned it on my Druid here. If I check the "Already Known" option on the trainer, sure enough it lists the P.B.Training as already known. :( Sad panda.

same issue here. This bug exists too long, submit a ticket before and they said it would be fixed soon. well, I waited and checked every day, not fixed yet :(
Edited by Nuomi on 10/5/2012 6:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
This most recent hot fix seems to have caused an issue with progressing on those achievements. For example I had defeated all the Kalimdor pet trainers and once the hot fix was applied I no longer have any credit for beating any of the listed trainers. At the same time I've been working on "Taming Outland" and I find that the pet trainers listed there are not being credited either as I defeat them
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Death Knight
09/28/2012 06:17 PMPosted by Crithto
A bug has been fixed that caused turn inputs to sometimes be skipped, causing only one pet to take action that turn

Thank you OMG I can do pet battles without ripping out my hair again.
You rock blizz. Now fix engineering ;D
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I consistently run into "mule deer" as a secondary wild pet in my pet battles out in Stonetalon Mountains when fighting against coral snakes and rabid nut varmints.

It's always unable to be captured--more importantly, the mule deer is not listed in the pet journal at this time, either.

Edit: Not always poor quality after all. Just ran across an uncommon quality. I have screenshots if they're needed, although I think screenshots aren't allowed? Regardless, THIS IS VERY STRANGE. And also sad. If I come across a rare mule deer and can't capture... :'(

Edit2: Went to Desolace after getting bored of seeing mule deer I couldn't catch... and... now I'm getting various-quality gazelle as my secondaries!

Not gazelle fawn, mind, but gazelle. Like the mule deer, these gazelle are also not in the pet battle journals, and cannot be captured.

I'm beginning to think that this might be some strange bug with all the other critters that have yet to make it in as actual wild (capturable) pets.

My roommate says I'm being haunted by WoW's version of missingnos. I laughed.
Edited by Astarin on 10/5/2012 8:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
I defeated the horde pet tamers for the achi "Taming Kalimdor" and it gave me the achievement (without having to defeat the ally ones). However when I did the same for the EK, the Taming Eastern Kingdoms wasn't rewarded.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
Not sure if this has been asked - haven't read all 7 pages.

Would it be possible to either add a sort option to sort pets by level, or add a filter like level >1, level >5, etc. This would be a nice QOL improvement for those leveling multiple pets - especially for those going for different families.

Other than that thoroughly enjoying pet battles.
Edited by Taurok on 10/5/2012 8:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
10/05/2012 08:05 PMPosted by Taurok
Would it be possible to either add a sort option to sort pets by level, or add a filter like level >1, level >5, etc.

YES. This is really needed.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
The pet battle achievements are beyond buggy. I have finished "Taming Kalimdor". However, it is not unlocked and I don't have points for having earned it. It does, however, light up under the "Taming Azeroth" meta, despite not actually being unlocked.

This is driving me crazy.

Worse, I cannot finish "Eastern Kingdoms Safari" because I'm not getting credit for catching Crimson Moth pets in Stranglethorn Vale. This particular pet was previously hotfixed for not being credited properly. I have caught the pet both before AND after the hotfix. And I still don't have credit for having caught one. This prevents me from finishing Eastern Kingdoms Safari and the World Safari meta.

Fix it. The 4+ days waiting time on tickets is absurd, btw.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
10/05/2012 06:20 PMPosted by Crithto
We have a quick update about the Pet Battles achievements you guys have been great in reporting: Cory Stockton has just [url="https://twitter.com/mumper/status/254363567963373568"]announced[/url] that they've located what was causing the issue and it has been hotfixed. They should be functioning correctly now across both factions.

When will the dailies become available? I just logged on and the eastern kingdom tamers that I've done once still aren't offering me a daily quest to do. Will it require me to wait until tomorrow's reset? I really hope this has been fixed because it's the only way I see leveling multiple sets of pets being reasonable. Thanks!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
They seriously need to fix the Taming Eastern Kingdoms achievement, unless its ment to have to be completed by both factions.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]