Pet Battles Hotfixes - Updated 10/11/12

90 Blood Elf Warlock
My pandaren monk alt still has "Battle Pet Training" listed as being not known, and the trainer still says he already learned it. Can't learn the Jade Crane Chick or do the pet battle quests on my new character.

This has kept me from playing my monk for over a week now. Get on the ball, guys.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Monk
The pet battle achievements are beyond buggy. I have finished "Taming Kalimdor". However, it is not unlocked and I don't have points for having earned it. It does, however, light up under the "Taming Azeroth" meta, despite not actually being unlocked.

This is driving me crazy.

Worse, I cannot finish "Eastern Kingdoms Safari" because I'm not getting credit for catching Crimson Moth pets in Stranglethorn Vale. This particular pet was previously hotfixed for not being credited properly. I have caught the pet both before AND after the hotfix. And I still don't have credit for having caught one. This prevents me from finishing Eastern Kingdoms Safari and the World Safari meta.

Fix it. The 4+ days waiting time on tickets is absurd, btw.

I'm having the same error, Crimson Moth is a caught pet for me without recognition on the achievement, as well as the Cockatiel. And while I'm here, I'd also like to mention how silly seasonal pets are. I understand the time of day spawns but having to wait all the way until March to get an achievement is funky and not fun gameplay.

Edit: Just caught Scorpling in Blasted Lands, didn't get completion on the Safari Achievement for catching it. Also noticed Wharf Rat isn't registering on Safari despite being caught as well.
Edited by Immikey on 10/5/2012 10:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
The pet battle achievements are beyond buggy. I have finished "Taming Kalimdor". However, it is not unlocked and I don't have points for having earned it. It does, however, light up under the "Taming Azeroth" meta, despite not actually being unlocked.

This is driving me crazy.

Worse, I cannot finish "Eastern Kingdoms Safari" because I'm not getting credit for catching Crimson Moth pets in Stranglethorn Vale. This particular pet was previously hotfixed for not being credited properly. I have caught the pet both before AND after the hotfix. And I still don't have credit for having caught one. This prevents me from finishing Eastern Kingdoms Safari and the World Safari meta.

Fix it. The 4+ days waiting time on tickets is absurd, btw.

I'm having the same error, Crimson Moth is a caught pet for me without recognition on the achievement, as well as the Cockatiel. And while I'm here, I'd also like to mention how silly seasonal pets are. I understand the time of day spawns but having to wait all the way until March to get an achievement is funky and not fun gameplay.

Edit: Just caught Scorpling in Blasted Lands, didn't get completion on the Safari Achievement for catching it. Also noticed Wharf Rat isn't registering on Safari despite being caught as well.

Just caught Garden Moth. Same bug; no credit for Pandaria Safari. This is super fun, let me tell ya.
Reply Quote
Nope, still can't do dailies and the achievements are still borked.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Thanks for the update on the hotfixes!

I'm having a problem with the "Taming the World" achievement, as it seems to have gotten stuck and stopped progressing after hitting 43/45, despite having beaten all trainers and earning the Tamer title.

I have also been doing the dailies on alliance and horde characters before and after this problem, so defeating trainers again is not helping. (If I remember correctly, the dailies were contributing to the total previously). I've seen some people commenting on the same problem, but haven't seen it mentioned here.

Overall I'm enjoying the pet battles, and looking forward to the updates/fixes :)
Reply Quote
Community Manager
10/05/2012 10:22 PMPosted by Malderas
My pandaren monk alt still has "Battle Pet Training" listed as being not known, and the trainer still says he already learned it. Can't learn the Jade Crane Chick or do the pet battle quests on my new character.

Rest assured, we're definitely working on this issue.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
any update on when we'll see the issue with traps not upgrading fixed? I have well over the amount for the strong trap but I still have the starter trap
Reply Quote
34 Pandaren Monk
10/06/2012 02:43 AMPosted by Crithto

Rest assured, we're definitely working on this issue.

I figured out WHEN this bug strikes, doing a little testing last night and this morning. For the sake of not reposting too much, here's a link to my post in the Bug Forum. I've also tweeted this to Cory Stockton, as we've been going back and forth on Twitter.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6794870925#1
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Crafted Sapphire cubs come out as POOR quality. I'm sure this isn't intentional for a pet that cost 3-5k in mats to always come out poor quality - will there be a hotfix to this to make it uncommon or rare especially for those that already know the pet or have it in their bags / stash?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
any word on the CRZ bug? i fly over mobs on a flight path land just near the spot.. go back and they have disappeared. Kinda frustrating when ur hunting the Minfernal and other low spawn rate pets and u get excited only to be let down.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
all these pets not counting towards the safari achieves are really killing my mojo. needs to be fixed immediately.

List so far:
Silkbeard Snail
Feverbite Hatchling
Garden Moth
Emperor Crab
Devouring Maggot

Update: These pets arent counted until you have all the pets in Pandaria. You will still get the achieve.
Edited by Nyf on 10/6/2012 4:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Any word yet on when the cockatiel and three dragonhawk hatchlings are going to be taken off of the Eastern Kingdoms Safari achievement since they are vendor pets?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
also, ever going to fix the pets in Storm Peaks?
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Hey Crithto
Could you ask someone to focus some on priest, like you do on pets?

Thanks

Disc
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
Can't do any dailies, even though Taming Kalimdor has everyone checked off, the achievement itself isn't highlighted.

Devouring Maggot, Crimson Moth, & Cockatiel are not registering as being captured for the Eastern Kingdoms Safari.

Dragonhawks listed for the same achievement are, of course, not capturable, they are vendor pets.

Still cannot find/zone into/whatever the Minfernals & Scourged Whelpings after days of camping off and on in seemingly abandoned areas. I have seen not one, whether after server restarts or not. Nor have I EVER seen it snow in Storm Peaks.

Traps being weak, and some pets having ridiculous dodge/miss chances, even being few levels lower than my pet.

All I can think of for now.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Eastern kingdom Safari still not working. Cockatiel and Crimson Moth.
Reply Quote
has anyone else noticed that shattered defenses does not work as stated? i get hit with it, and it says it increases my damage taken by 100% for 2 rounds...but it does not. not only does the effect NOT wear off after 2 rounds, but the enemy pets attack continue to double each round... or am i just special in this case??
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Still cannot find/zone into/whatever the Minfernals & Scourged Whelpings after days of camping off and on in seemingly abandoned areas. I have seen not one, whether after server restarts or not. Nor have I EVER seen it snow in Storm Peaks.

The minfernals are definitely in Felwood, I've seen one (although it disappeared due to CRZ issues...)
Reply Quote
Here is the latest information I’ve received from our developers regarding some of the concerns you folks have shared with us:

• Several of the hotfixes that have been applied needed realm restarts to take affect; with today’s maintenance, they should now be in place
      • Tooltip text on abilities that had balance fixes (e.g. Siphon Life)
      • Pets that didn’t appear in the journal (e.g. Crimson Moth); there are still a few pets missing which should show up after next week’s maintenance
  • Expunge damage has been increased by 10%
  • Pet Battles matchmaking has received some tweaks, you should now find PvP matches to be much more in line with your pets’ levels even if your opponent’s pets are dramatically different in level
  • Inputs randomly skipping should finally be resolved as of today’s restarts
  • We’re still working on Strong and Pristine traps not applying correctly and working on fixing this as quickly as possible

• As you continue to take on Azeroth’s ferocious critters, please don’t hesitate to let us know if you encounter any issues, specifically with inputs being skipped.

Siphon Life still broken:
    Tooltip (says 5 rounds):
    http://tinyurl.com/98sw2pt
    After casting (says 3 rounds):
    http://tinyurl.com/9avyqh7

Pet trap still not updating:
    http://tinyurl.com/8vndvut
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]