An error has occurred after entre game key

63 Dwarf Paladin
I purchased the mists of pandaria from store today and my game is upgreated until Cataclysm. after i typed the game key it shows An error has occurred.
please help me.
thanks.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Are you certain you are entering the key correctly?

In some cases the authentication key may be difficult to read and it's also very easy to enter wrong letters or numbers when typing it in. Here are some common substitutions:

- B's and 8's look alike.
- 2's and Z's looks alike, Z's and 7's look alike, and sometimes a 2 looks like a 7.
- 4's, A's and H's occasionally look similar, especially if the left side of the H or A is faint.
- G's look similar to 6's.
- E's appear similar to F's if the bottom of the E is faint.
- K’s can look like R’s due to their proximity to the text above the authentication key.

Please carefully examine the key to ensure the correct letters or numbers are input.

Try clearing your temporary internet files (cookies/cache) and/or a different browser (Firefox, Internet Explorer, Chrome).

Doublecheck the box, in the lower left corner, does it say ESRB or PEGI?
Reply Quote
63 Dwarf Paladin
hi thanks for reply for fast.
i tried what you said but still not working.
after i typed the game key it shows me the page says Confirm Game Account Upgrade.
Upgrade your account with Mists of Pandaria.
but when i press continue shows me again
An error has occurred.
An error has occurred.

so im not sure if there is anything wrong with the battle.net
thanks im waiting for your answer!
Reply Quote
63 Dwarf Paladin
Are you certain you are entering the key correctly?

In some cases the authentication key may be difficult to read and it's also very easy to enter wrong letters or numbers when typing it in. Here are some common substitutions:

- B's and 8's look alike.
- 2's and Z's looks alike, Z's and 7's look alike, and sometimes a 2 looks like a 7.
- 4's, A's and H's occasionally look similar, especially if the left side of the H or A is faint.
- G's look similar to 6's.
- E's appear similar to F's if the bottom of the E is faint.
- K’s can look like R’s due to their proximity to the text above the authentication key.

Please carefully examine the key to ensure the correct letters or numbers are input.

Try clearing your temporary internet files (cookies/cache) and/or a different browser (Firefox, Internet Explorer, Chrome).

Doublecheck the box, in the lower left corner, does it say ESRB or PEGI?

hi thanks for reply for fast.i tried what you said but still not working.after i typed the game key it shows me the page says Confirm Game Account Upgrade.Upgrade your account with Mists of Pandaria.but when i press continue shows me again An error has occurred. An error has occurred.so im not sure if there is anything wrong with the battle.netthanks im waiting for your answer!
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Alright, I believe I've figured out the issue.

It looks like you digitally upgraded to Cataclysm recently. While you can upgrade from a physical copy of Mists of Pandaria the upgrade to Cataclysm has not yet completed.

You have access to the content, but the purchase itself is still processing. These upgrades generally can take up to 72 hours to process. Once that has completed you should be able to add your key to the account and upgrade to MoP.

Sorry for the confusion.
Reply Quote
63 Dwarf Paladin
thanks got it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Alright, I believe I've figured out the issue.

It looks like you digitally upgraded to Cataclysm recently. While you can upgrade from a physical copy of Mists of Pandaria the upgrade to Cataclysm has not yet completed.

You have access to the content, but the purchase itself is still processing. These upgrades generally can take up to 72 hours to process. Once that has completed you should be able to add your key to the account and upgrade to MoP.

Sorry for the confusion.

I just had the same problem as he did but i bought Cataclysm a long time ago
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
09/28/2012 08:18 PMPosted by Joice
I just had the same problem as he did but i bought Cataclysm a long time ago

You might have received the same or similar message, Joice, but I'm not sure that you have the same problem given that the situations are not the same.

Are you attempting to apply a key from a physical copy of Mists of Pandaria? You are selecting WOW1, which is your Cataclysm account?

I'm getting a few reports of "an error has occurred" messages popping up, which I'm happy to help look into, but so far I've been unable to confirm the error myself. Can you try those steps and let me know?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I already tried them and still get the same error
and yes im selecting WoW1 wich is upgraded with cataclysm
I get the error after enterng the game code, when I click on "upgrade account".
i tried to upgrade with a digital copy.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I'm having the same problem. Bought a physical copy of Pandaria. Installed a physical copy of Cataclysm with no probs when it first came out.

Now on hold to WoW help line for 21 minutes. When I first called it said estimated queue time was one minute...
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Now on hold for 35 minutes....
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
45 minutes....

Blizz? Blizz? Anyone?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Well, after an hour or so I got on to the help line. The guy got me to try a different browser, which didn't work, so he keyed in my code manually himself, which unlocked it.

Turns out I had already downloaded all the content so I didn't even need the discs...
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
I am upgrading via Battle.net and I am getting "An error has occurred." every time I enter my payment information (which is the same way I've paid for WoW for the past two years). So far, I have tried:

Four different browsers

Three different credit cards (all information verified)

Waiting 24 hours to ensure this is not just a glitch

Submitting a ticket one Battle.net (which was over 24-hours ago - no response)

Anyone have an idea??
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
i am having the same problem, i bought the physical discs and i am typing in the autentication key and getting an error has occured. i bought cataclysm when it first came out and am up to date with all the patching.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
09/29/2012 07:54 AMPosted by Malest
i am having the same problem, i bought the physical discs and i am typing in the autentication key and getting an error has occured. i bought cataclysm when it first came out and am up to date with all the patching.

What the keys for the expansion do is unlock content. If you were currently patched up previously, you already have the gamefiles.

Many of these are the result of reading a code incorrectly. 8s and Bs can look a lot alike, 1s and Ls, etc. If possible - have someone read the code to you as you input it.

The next issue can be browser conflicts, or something hung in your cache if you've already had a failed attempt. I'd next recommend clearing your cookies/cache - and/or trying another browser.

If those steps still don't seem to help, calling Billing for further assistance may be necessary.
Reply Quote
63 Dwarf Paladin
how long you guys waited for the support contact calling i've already waited for 30mins and no one answer me
Reply Quote
10 Night Elf Hunter
Hey i need help i have purchased World of Warcraft Mists of Pandaria, without out having no expansion pack except for that one. I added the game key correctly nothing is working it says error has occurred i bought the game the day it came out! please help me!
Reply Quote
10 Night Elf Hunter
hey same thing is happening to me, i add everything right nothing happens, also are you using the game key or authentication key? please i need to know for myself! thanks
Reply Quote
1 Orc Warrior
Hi, im trying to upgrade from starter edition to regular world of war craft standard edition and i have tried everything u have said to the other person. Please help me!!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]