Borderlands 2

85 Human Rogue
Hey, I just wanted to make this thread.

So, Borderlands 2 clearly wanted to make the old heroes more personable and simply give them more personality. I dig it. They did some very, very well, like Lilith, Marcus, Tiny Tina, Ellie, etc, yet did my own personal hero from Borderlands 1 a great disservice. Yeah, Roland's awkward romance-y thing with Lilith was weird, but Mordecai is just... bleh.

Why oh why did they turn Mordecai into a sniperbro? What prompted the writers to say "hey, this quiet and collected sniping/killing machine should become a booze-besotted drunkard who acts like a fratbro. Holy cow does this frustrate me. Why?? I mean, you could have taken his personality so many ways! Am I the only one who's really annoyed by it??

I don't know... maybe it's because I'm only lv21 and I haven't finished the playthrough, but my-oh-my does the current setup of Mordecai annoy me. >.>
Reply Quote
10 Tauren Warrior
09/28/2012 09:30 PMPosted by Mÿxxï
What prompted the writers to say "hey, this quiet and collected sniping/killing machine should become a booze-besotted drunkard who acts like a fratbro.

They must have watched the Borderlands 1 intro where he tries to act like a badass.

Go to the 1 minute mark.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ai7pMPCDHpo
Edited by Corrock on 9/29/2012 7:43 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I dunno. My impression of Mordecai was that he wasn't wrapped too tightly to begin with in the first game.

Granted, most of the people I played with that used Mordecai with went gunslinger (and were booze-hounds themselves--but we all were/are), but I don't have a problem with it in the second game.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]