faerie fire not tagging?

90 Troll Druid
Ok, so I'm resto and I've been questing as resto, in kitty form, switching treants for ToL in dungeons. My problem is when I try to pull a mob at range with kitty form, Faerie fire doesn't tag it for me, so another player can (and almost always does) take the mob. I can't tell you how many times I've not even noticed this happened until I either didn't get quest credit, or I wasn't able to loot. It's frustrating, especially with the sheer volume of people questing right now.

Also... faerie fire does do damage, at least according to the tooltip. I keep forgetting to check my combat log to verify.

Anyone else notice this??? I've been thinking about posting on the bug forums, but I thought I'd check here first in case someone here knew why this was happening.
Edited by Nikavin on 9/28/2012 10:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
89 Tauren Druid
KA
Yeah same thing was happening to me.....tagging with FF and someone else taking it.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
FF in cat form doesn't deal damage, that's why. Try bear form, or just popping them with a MF then popping back into cat form.

Check the tooltip again, it only does damage if you're in bear form. It's always been this way.
Edited by Angeliqe on 9/29/2012 5:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
FF in cat form doesn't deal damage, that's why. Try bear form, or just popping them with a MF then popping back into cat form.

Check the tooltip again, it only does damage if you're in bear form. It's always been this way.

^ This - it's been that way for me since I started (around Cata's release.)

<S>
Reply Quote
They should let FF always do some (pitiful) damage like 1, since its the only way a cat can tag at range without shifting.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
We aren't the only class who can't tag at range with ease, so I doubt it will be looked into as a serious issue.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Tag with moonfire then swap back to cat as the mob is running to you.

To be honest, I've never noticed this problem, I could swear when leveling all my FF were tagging the mobs both in caster and cat form... then again, I use the Faerie Swarm talent, so maybe something different is going on behind the scenes there.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
As others have said, FF doesn't do any damage unless you are in Bear form.

But I'm pretty sure that it tags mobs anyway. Are you sure that it's not lag you are seeing? If you and someone else try to tag a mob at the same time, it might look at your screen as if you attacked first, but the server thinks otherwise.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Nope.

I've FF'ed mobs at the very edge of the range, had them run over to (nearly) where I am, had another player hit them just as they got to me, and watched them loot and skin the corpse after it's dead.

A few ms, maybe it's lag. A nearly 2 second delay? Nope.

<S>
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
This was driving me nuts earlier in the week in the crowded areas, I ended up just running around as bear. As others have said, I believe only bear deals damage with FF, I can remember when Bliz put that in, I think with LK. Up until then FF didn't do any damage and bear tanks were having great fun, pulling a mob only to have someone yank it off them by doing a single point of damage to it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]