RP Events

85 Worgen Warrior
Okay... well, let's not make it about finger-pointing. I'm much more interested to hear about what others want in an ideal (and functional) server-wide RP. It's an interesting topic.
Edited by Systar on 9/29/2012 1:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
09/29/2012 01:45 PMPosted by Sreech
He was criticizing roleplay that there was no need to criticize.

Are you serious?

It is his opinion of the event's development and execution. Personally, I believe most with common sense know that constructive criticism, which that was, is beneficial to improving events, gameplay, etc.

Sycophant much?

Not really. I've had my own share of disputes with eyes of old, but that's neither here nor there. It could be my 'opinion' that your roleplay is flawed, but it doesn't mean I'm right to voice it. The fact that he has an opinion doesn't make it right to say it on a public forum.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
09/29/2012 01:51 PMPosted by Ferenold

Are you serious?

It is his opinion of the event's development and execution. Personally, I believe most with common sense know that constructive criticism, which that was, is beneficial to improving events, gameplay, etc.

Sycophant much?

Not really. I've had my own share of disputes with eyes of old, but that's neither here nor there. It could be my 'opinion' that your roleplay is flawed, but it doesn't mean I'm right to voice it. The fact that he has an opinion doesn't make it right to say it on a public forum.

I don't think he was specifically talking about the roleplay, but rather how it was managed and how it happened.

Also, I know that it is not kind to put down other people's roleplay, especially here because it's nice to see new ideas pop-up even if they're not everyone's cup of tea. However, "public forum" means that there is public opinion. If it's not against ToS, technically, anyone has a right to say what is on their mind.

Can we let this be the end of this line of thought? It was one person's opinion and another person doesn't think that opinion is suitable for this place. We shouldn't bicker, let's move on now.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid

I don't think he was specifically talking about the roleplay, but rather how it was managed and how it happened.

Also, I know that it is not kind to put down other people's roleplay, especially here because it's nice to see new ideas pop-up even if they're not everyone's cup of tea. However, "public forum" means that there is public opinion. If it's not against ToS, technically, anyone has a right to say what is on their mind.

Can we let this be the end of this line of thought? It was one person's opinion and another person doesn't think that opinion is suitable for this place. We shouldn't bicker, let's move on now.

Uhm. How roleplay managed and how it happened is very much part of the roleplay.

I don't get why the fact that it's a public forum where you can openly say things makes it justifiable to say anything. Same thing with the ToS. Hell, I'll use a recent example. Me stealing Cladriah's ashes of A'lar was completely within the ToS, but it was still a terrible thing to do.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior

Uhm. How roleplay managed and how it happened is very much part of the roleplay.

I don't get why the fact that it's a public forum where you can openly say things makes it justifiable to say anything. Same thing with the ToS. Hell, I'll use a recent example. Me stealing Cladriah's ashes of A'lar was completely within the ToS, but it was still a terrible thing to do.

Moon Guard players can't just run around shaming people for having an opinion and pretending to be mods. If it's within ToS and has to do with WoW, there is nothing saying a player can't speak their mind. I'm sorry if that is offensive...? Can we please move past this now?

Maybe we can just try to have our suggestions be general, without specific examples, if that helps.
Edited by Systar on 9/29/2012 2:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
What about a Day of the Dead event? I've always wanted to see one of those.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
09/29/2012 02:33 PMPosted by Sreech
What about a Day of the Dead event? I've always wanted to see one of those.

Elaborate. Do you mean like a Memorial Day-esque event for the fallen of the Alliance or a specific region (i.e. Lordaeron). It'd be awesome, in my opinion, to see a gathering of exiled Lordaeronians; heads bowed in silent prayer for fallen comrades, lovers, family, and friends. Maybe even a rememberance parade could be included, which passes throughout the various districts, giving out sweets; barley cakes; etc. Even church services with a focus on the event's focus, remembering those we've lost down the years.

Oooh, I like this. Perhaps a parade in honor of those fallen from Deathwing? I've always wanted to see a big RP parade that starts in Ironforge, goes through and to the tram, then all the way to Stormwind and ending at the gates. Or, hey, maybe even the Stormwind cemetary, where there would be games, cakes, ceremony, whatever. Maybe even fireworks?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
09/29/2012 06:01 PMPosted by Necero
I agree with Briswald, especially given the example, a major event that could essential involve the entire server in a similar way should be built-up over time.
I love your face.

He was criticizing roleplay that there was no need to criticize.
Don't be so single-minded. Allow for some extra dimentions in your rl character.

Lol.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Shaman
Pandaren Initiation?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
09/29/2012 06:05 PMPosted by Necero
Telling people how they can and can't speak is worse than telling people how they can and can't roleplay. It's an entirely different level of wrong, bro.

What? I've seen you do it all the time. I've seen plenty of people do it, and it tends to be an accepted practice. If someone says something out of place, its corrected. This isn't comparable to what Briswald said of course, but if someone started putting up racist slurs on the forums, would I be wrong for telling them 'how to speak'?

And no, this isn't a straw-man because it fits into your rule that it's wrong to 'tell people how to speak'.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid

What? I've seen you do it all the time. I've seen plenty of people do it, and it tends to be an accepted practice. If someone says something out of place, its corrected. This isn't comparable to what Briswald said of course, but if someone started putting up racist slurs on the forums, would I be wrong for telling them 'how to speak'?

And no, this isn't a straw-man because it fits into your rule that it's wrong to 'tell people how to speak'.
Well, correcting statements for purposes of accuracy isn't really telling people how to speak, the purpose of it is to be informational. Racial slurs are different, as it goes against the ToS/rules. The difference is the same as the difference between "Well, this doesn't fit with lore..." and "RP is stupid." One is bashing RP in some people's opinion, whereas the other is bashing RP as meant by Blizzard's rule against bashing RP.

So it's right to bash RP if it's someone's opinion?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]