Shado-Pan trash advice?

90 Pandaren Monk
The sha packs leading to the 3rd boss and the crazy pulls leading to the last boss are difficult at times.

I heard that if you interrupt the sha all is dandy, but which ones do what and what should be prio'd?

Anyone find a way to manage the packs leading to the last boss? I can't even figure out what's going on because I'm trying so hard to stay alive. What should the kill order be? Anything that should be avoided interrupted? Thanks

Other than those 2 pulls Heroics seem cake, it's just too bad the epic fist is from this instance =(
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Kill the regen Sha first, then the destroying sha, interrupting as many of their casts as you can.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Basically what Fei said. Only difference is you COULD ask for CC on some of them but you will probably be laughed at.

I would suggest using any mass stuns you have as a monk that will help.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
On normal I always did Regen Sha then the destroying sha

I found a little more success on heroic mode reversing that.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I've been going destroying first because it seems to do a ton of damage versus the fight dragging on a bit longer. Maybe I'll mark skull on the regen but keep myself interrupting the Destroying.

Any tips for the packs before the last boss?
Reply Quote
94 Pandaren Warrior
Destroying sha needs to be interrupted.

09/29/2012 02:11 PMPosted by Kheylee

Pop cds.

Zerg black ball thingys.

Then kill the rest of the mobs, make sure someone clicks the spirits so the mobs actually die.
Edited by Ðemolition on 9/29/2012 2:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I've been going destroying first because it seems to do a ton of damage versus the fight dragging on a bit longer. Maybe I'll mark skull on the regen but keep myself interrupting the Destroying.

I would suggest LOS and doing whatever it is monks do to get caster in melee range (sorry I don’t know them yet) on the Residual Hatred. For me it’s LOS pack -> avenger’s shield residual hatred and have the person assigned to purifying the bodies do that while ranged works on the purple balls of death then adds. You have to pull them away or the person purifying will get interrupted by the adds.
Reply Quote
39 Worgen Warlock
09/29/2012 02:23 PMPosted by Trazaeth

Don't bring melee.

Hahahahahahahahaa no but seriously this instance despises melee.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
The destroyers don't even need interruption; you can just walk out of the beam and they'll sit there being useless as they die. Kill Regenerating Sha first on any pull that has them is the main thing to bear in mind.

On the actual pulls of ghost monks, just pull back and use stuns/interrupts.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
09/29/2012 02:23 PMPosted by Trazaeth
and doing whatever it is monks do to get caster in melee range

I don't think we even have a ranged interrupt or anything... That blows. I could also just be missing it because I've only been a monk for 4 days ;P
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
09/29/2012 03:37 PMPosted by Kheylee
and doing whatever it is monks do to get caster in melee range

I don't think we even have a ranged interrupt or anything... That blows. I could also just be missing it because I've only been a monk for 4 days ;P

O.O yes, yes it does. Well if you can silence or daze the target so they can't cast you can run up do that and then run through to the other side then.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Running into melee range to interrupt seems like a very poor method of pulling casters back in comparison to other mechanics such as Grip, Aveng Shield, or Heroic throws silence. Especially since Monks will need to be building and spending Chi all while doing this to avoid getting stomped in the process.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Yeah it is, but it's better to run in interrupt and get out before you die to AoE damage, I would for example run in and hit Arcane Torrent silencing them as i Ran through passed the massive purple balls of death just so the adds get away from the body so it can be purified and you don't get owned. I just don't know your skill set enough to give you a better idea.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
The destroyers don't even need interruption; you can just walk out of the beam and they'll sit there being useless as they die. Kill Regenerating Sha first on any pull that has them is the main thing to bear in mind.

On the actual pulls of ghost monks, just pull back and use stuns/interrupts.

They follow you with the beam, at least they do in heroic. That is why they are annoying because you can /kill the heals with it.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
You can out range the beam so it hits no one. & I don't think you realize how Monk tanks work and why your theory is a piss poor idea, but I appreciate the thought.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
CFT
On the Sha packs, CC one or two Consumings. Kill the Regen.

Do not AoE the tiny ones.

On the ghost monk packs, CC the Residual Hatred, kill the essences, kill the rest of the monks, kill the Residuals.
Reply Quote
94 Pandaren Warrior
lolcc

shockwave capacitator totem rotations are fun
Edited by Ðemolition on 9/29/2012 9:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Do not AoE the tiny ones.

Unless you want to do thigns the FUN way.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
I just spam dizzying haze while running in circles out of melee range. It usually works well.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]