Shado-Pan trash advice?

81 Night Elf Druid
Basically what Fei said. Only difference is you COULD ask for CC on some of them but you will probably be laughed at.

I would suggest using any mass stuns you have as a monk that will help.

Hate them dps baddies :/
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
Drop an aoe, line of sight the mobs, pop cooldowns. Have dps focus the orbs so they can click the widget faster.

Although this doesn't help you, DKs can use Control Undead on one of the mobs to make it easier. I like to control the melee guys, as they have an aoe and deathgrip ability.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
I skull the the destroyer, shockwave the first time it tries to spew it's crap, interrupt the 2nd time, once it's dead, mark the regen, and then burn the rest of them down.

Make sure to roll your cd's for damage at the start.

For the other mobs leading up to the last boss, kill the residual first, get out of range when the circle thing pops up, continue to tank the mobs. Once it's dead, kill whatever. I haven't had any issues with that strategy.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Sha pack. They're too bunched up to CC reliably. Mark out the regn/death and burst is down. Burn a tanking CD as needed. Interrupt their sprays, get the DPS to help out if they're competent.

Explosive sha pack. Stun before the blow or kite.

Final boss pulls. CC the caster add. Its the one with the different name. Drag the rest to the side and get someone to click on the orb. Burn a CD if needed.

Tanking CDs are often better used on trash than on bosses in shadopan.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
....all the heroics are cake. Tips? Aoe harder. Also

lolcc

Truth
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
For the dead monk packs the main enemy to focus on is the residual hatred (what avitis said). More often than not you will have a death knight in your group and if they are nice they will use control undead on the residual hatred. Effectively taking all that dps that kills your healer's mana, and turning it on them. When i was on my death knight tank i pulled 50k dps for one fight even with mostly green gear.

I wanted to know why there was so much damage so i moused over the primary ability of the residual hatred to find "Ring of malice: does 20k damage every 0.5 seconds that an enemy is in contact with the ring" So if someone stood in the ring of malice for 10 seconds.............you do the math here. When i saw those pulls i decided leveling my disc priests past 85 would be a bad idea. Who would want to heal through that?

With the sha packs you should interrupt the destroying sha's at all costs and if you are out of interrupts try to dodge their frontal cone aoe. They are considered elementals so a mage can't sheep them. A shaman could cc them provided you have a good group. As far as priority goes you have to take your pick, the regenerative sha's do a ton of self heals, the destroying sha's do frontal cone aoe's, and the other sha's do harmful magic that does a ton of damage over time if the healer doesn't disspel it.

I'll say the residual hatred is comparable to zul aman's flame caster back in cataclysm (which put a buff that gave him 300% more cast speed which would almost always wipe your group unless your mage knew how to spellsteal it)
Edited by Bridimius on 11/17/2012 12:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
39 Worgen Warlock
I wanted to know why there was so much damage so i moused over the primary ability of the residual hatred to find "Ring of malice: does 20k damage every 0.5 seconds that an enemy is in contact with the ring" So if someone stood in the ring of malice for 10 seconds.............you do the math here. When i saw those pulls i decided leveling my disc priests past 85 would be a bad idea. Who would want to heal through that?

The casters fire shadow bolts and do nothing else. Get initial threat on them, hit them with a ranged attack every now and then and tank them from a distance with them OUTSIDE the rest of the pack.

Alternately, kill them first. They're the only things that do any kind of real damage.

They move at 20% normal movement speed while this is casting. This is easy to avoid.

11/17/2012 12:38 PMPosted by Bridimius
With the sha packs you should interrupt the destroying sha's at all costs and if you are out of interrupts try to dodge their frontal cone aoe. They are considered elementals so a mage can't sheep them. A shaman could cc them provided you have a good group. As far as priority goes you have to take your pick, the regenerative sha's do a ton of self heals, the destroying sha's do frontal cone aoe's, and the other sha's do harmful magic that does a ton of damage over time if the healer doesn't disspel it.

You can easily outrange the cone attack by walking away from it. They will turn while casting it but they will not move from their spot.

Why did you necro this thread to tell us this?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
The sha packs leading to the 3rd boss and the crazy pulls leading to the last boss are difficult at times.

I heard that if you interrupt the sha all is dandy, but which ones do what and what should be prio'd?

Anyone find a way to manage the packs leading to the last boss? I can't even figure out what's going on because I'm trying so hard to stay alive. What should the kill order be? Anything that should be avoided interrupted? Thanks

Other than those 2 pulls Heroics seem cake, it's just too bad the epic fist is from this instance =(

People see the scary black smoke stuff, and see the tank take lots of damage. They conclude the black smoke breathing devourer does lots of damage. He doesn't. You can be healed through the smoke of 3 devourers at the end without much trouble.

The nasty sha mob is the consumer. They are the innocuous looking melee guys who don't explode. They do an attack that hits really hard that buffs the damage they do, so the longer they are up the more damage they put out.

You learn this real fast when you get eaten alive in challenge mode :)

As far as the undead trash, just run out of the swirly. You can also skip the trash before the last boss by running to the left of them through the bridge ropes.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
The Destroyer shas don't swivel to follow your movement, so you don't have to stand in their fire.

Don't stand in the fire.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
09/29/2012 10:43 PMPosted by Slashlove
Do not AoE the tiny ones.

Unless you want to do thigns the FUN way.

I can sometimes almost hear the healer verbally swearing.

The instance is fairly auto-pilot up to that point. Time to wake up!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Serious question; why did we bump a month old topic about 5 man trash?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
11/17/2012 03:20 PMPosted by Ðemolition
Serious question; why did we bump a month old topic about 5 man trash?

Because tanking is a timeless art.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
I'm pretty sure everyone has figured out how to do SPM by now.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
I wish i could agree with zionic but i'm 100% sure groups are going to be wiping on the residual hattred pull even a year from now until the dungeon gets heavily nerfed. Heck groups still wipe in zul aman even though it came out over a year ago.
Reply Quote
39 Worgen Warlock
11/17/2012 07:36 PMPosted by Bridimius
I wish i could agree with zionic but i'm 100% sure groups are going to be wiping on the residual hattred pull even a year from now until the dungeon gets heavily nerfed. Heck groups still wipe in zul aman even though it came out over a year ago.

Bads will be bads and stand in avoidable things.

Seriously? You're asking for a nerf on the trash?

Tell your tank to stop sucking.

The Destroyer shas don't swivel to follow your movement, so you don't have to stand in their fire.

Don't stand in the fire.

Yes... they do. You can, however, outrange it as I have already described.
Edited by Rijdot on 11/18/2012 12:36 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
There's only one pack of Undead you have to actually fight (the 2nd group).
The 1st pack can be skipped by running off the side of the bridge into the water (or the ledge, if you're careful).
The 2nd pack has to be killed.
The final pack can be skipped by running off the bridge to the left-side, onto the ledge. From there it's a straight shot to Taran Zhu.

Destroying Sha's do not spin/rotate when channeling their Shadow spray. Point them away from your group, when they start spitting, take a few steps to the side. It's pointless to interrupt them; use your interrupts on the Regenerating.
Edited by Zionic on 11/18/2012 1:00 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

They don't. They used to on Heroic at first, but within a week or two, it was changed so that they'd use Normal mode mechanics.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
11/18/2012 01:05 AMPosted by Slashlove

They don't. They used to on Heroic at first, but within a week or two, it was changed so that they'd use Normal mode mechanics.

I find Leg Sweep is super effective on these packs. Get three breathing, leg sweep, no more breathing.

Make sure guard's up for exploding derpaderp, chi wave whatever's left, collect loot.

There's only two packs you need to do after Sha. One is trivial, the other is not too difficult either. Leg Sweep is so good in here.

Shado-Pan is monkheaven for tanking, to be honest. Monks have so many mechanics that make this place a snap that there's literally no problems to be had if you're aware and you know your tools.
Reply Quote
39 Worgen Warlock
11/18/2012 01:05 AMPosted by Slashlove

Seriously?

I stand corrected then. Admittedly, I haven't run Heroics since, oh, about a week in.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Anyone else miss having to cc mobs or carefully control pulls? I was hoping Shado-pan was going to be that kind of dungeon until the gear caught up with it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]