Zul'Farrak

90 Human Paladin
Well it looks like they did join with the Zandalari along with the Drakkari. I wonder how this bodes for any future 'Darkspear empire'.
Reply Quote
I am more curious about the Zandalari attacking Kun Lai summit because their island got destroyed o_O
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
I assume this info comes from Kun-Lai Summit?

A quick glance on wowhead tells me Farraki is, in fact, the appropriate demonym for those Trolls from Tanaris/Zul'Farrak. That doesn't leave very many Trolls neither aligned with the Zandalari's doomed little war nor dead which might reasonably pick a winning side.

Seems we're back to hoping some Zandalari splinter group(s) decide to go against Zul and his mission as a best case scenario for a Troll storyline beyond "These Trolls are crazy, kill them for purplez.".
Reply Quote
91 Tauren Death Knight
I assume this info comes from Kun-Lai Summit?

A quick glance on wowhead tells me Farraki is, in fact, the appropriate demonym for those Trolls from Tanaris/Zul'Farrak. That doesn't leave very many Trolls neither aligned with the Zandalari's doomed little war nor dead which might reasonably pick a winning side.

Seems we're back to hoping some Zandalari splinter group(s) decide to go against Zul and his mission as a best case scenario for a Troll storyline beyond "These Trolls are crazy, kill them for purplez.".

Personally, I'm fine with killing all of the non-Darkspear Trolls. Let the Troll nation rebuild and flourish under the Horde after Garrosh is ousted. The Darkspear have proven to be the most honorable, accepting, and least bloodthirsty Troll tribe, and the Darkspears deserve, above all, to carry on the legacy of the Troll race for those reasons.

So long as we discover the origin of the Trolls before the fall of the Zandalari, of course.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
Personally, I'm fine with killing all of the non-Darkspear Trolls. Let the Troll nation rebuild and flourish under the Horde after Garrosh is ousted. The Darkspear have proven to be the most honorable, accepting, and least bloodthirsty Troll tribe, and the Darkspears deserve, above all, to carry on the legacy of the Troll race for those reasons.

So long as we discover the origin of the Trolls before the fall of the Zandalari, of course.

Thing is, a lot of people aren't happy with just rehashing the same story line with every single Troll tribe in every single expansion

The way they treated Zul'jin was downright embarrassing, and the rise of the Zandalari has (so far) taken the only development any non-Darkspear Trolls have gotten that wasn't the typical "lolevil/crazy" and flushed it away in order to make the Trolls as a whole flatter than ever.

How they handle the last possible source of development for the Trolls will determine whether they can be of any interest to stories in the future, or whether they'll just fade into the background.

I'd just as soon it not be squandered to rehash the most boring story line we've seen in Warcraft a dozen times over.
Reply Quote
Kill them all and enslave any survivors, I say.

09/29/2012 03:21 PMPosted by Abal

Natural evolution?

EDIT: Less tongue in cheek: I actually disliked what they did with the Zandalari. I was okay with the Amani and Gurubashi being ambitious pricks, the Sandfury being downright crazy and the Drakkari being... Drakkari, and the Zendalari as this mysterious, generally sympathetic and wise trolls who lived somewhere in the middle of the ocean... I don't know, the idea of a progenitor troll race living hidden in a far away island acting only when their descendants got out of hand was very nice.

Now, not only the idea is dead, but there was no explanation what happened. Suddenly, the Zendalari do a U-turn and become ambitious pricks themselves? What the hell happened to Rhastakhan? I mean, trolls were dying for a long time now, so that justification is bull!@#$. I understand the Cataclysm was cataclysmic, but such a complete reversal... Eh.
Edited by Heon on 9/29/2012 3:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
09/29/2012 03:16 PMPosted by Kellick
A quick glance on wowhead tells me Farraki is, in fact, the appropriate demonym for those Trolls from Tanaris/Zul'Farrak.

There was no such thing as the Farraki tribe before just now.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
09/29/2012 04:06 PMPosted by Pumlaxer
There was no such thing as the Farraki tribe before just now.

No, but there was the city and/or empire of Zul'Farrak.

Naming convention for the other empires (the Drakkari of Zul'Drak, Amani of Zul'Aman, Gurubashi of Zul'Gurub) suggested the Sandfury be part of the "Farraki".
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Is it wrong that i'm rooting for the Zandalari to win? It just seems like they're trying so hard, it'd be a shame to put them down.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Also of importance is that they are the historians of Troll and their progenitors. They know what happened in Azeroth before the Sundering possibly when the Old Gods ruled. If they are acting now, they must have some reason behind them or atleast i expect them to have one. I cant imagine them as just being suddenly all wanting a troll empire.

The reason i can imagine is that they dont trust the other races of Azeroth to save the trolls in time of danger. So they want everyone to unite and defend themselves. This is how atleast my reasoning goes now.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
The whole situation is rather sad. They are living in a time of beautiful sorrow. Fighting for a desperate ideal which continues to elude them the harder they push.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
I want Vol'jin to kill Zul and become king of Trolls.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Hunter
09/30/2012 11:06 PMPosted by Skytotem
I want Vol'jin to kill Zul and become king of Trolls.

I think you mean Rastakhan, but yes so do I.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
09/30/2012 11:27 PMPosted by Gruffe
I think you mean Rastakhan, but yes so do I.

I'm betting Rastakhan is either a nonentity at this point or second to the Prophet either way.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Hunter
09/30/2012 11:29 PMPosted by Skytotem
I'm betting Rastakhan is either a nonentity at this point or second to the Prophet either way.

He was mentioned by Vol'jin, but I am assuming that Zul is controlling the troll king through whispers. He's like the WoW version of Wormtongue or whatever he was called, from LotR.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Whoever Zul is, I wonder if someone/something was sending him false visions in order to get the Zandalari into aggressive mode so they could be wiped out.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Hunter
09/30/2012 11:35 PMPosted by Sternbridge
Whoever Zul is, I wonder if someone/something was sending him false visions in order to get the Zandalari into aggressive mode so they could be wiped out.

We know the reason the Zandalari are hostile, Zandalar was destroyed in the Cataclysm, so the trolls tried to retake their lands (Stranglethorn and Quel'Thals) for a new home. That failed, so now they are after Pandaria. Soon, all will know the terror of Zul'Ria
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
i wanted the zandalari to win(to an extent) i wanted them to have some land for themselves, that island and some of hte northern coast of kun lai would of worked, i mean they have nothing now.

I wouldnt mind seeing them take some of the zone then beat to a standstill(leaving room for further wars between them). not just us lolcrushing them. I wouldnt mind seeing the badguys semi win or fight us to a stalemate.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
Oh look, another subgroup of Trolls pounded into the dirt prompting utter annihilation by the super powers. Golly gee whiz, I wonder how THIS will turn out. Maybe something like every other trollish group without the foresight to side with the Horde EVER?

Zandalar was better off as a distant concept of "observer" trolls. We've had more than enough trolls to mash into a fine paste since the dawning of vanilla.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Paladin
Oh look, another subgroup of Trolls pounded into the dirt prompting utter annihilation by the super powers. Golly gee whiz, I wonder how THIS will turn out. Maybe something like every other trollish group without the foresight to side with the Horde EVER?

Actually being allied with the Horde isn't enough to make a Troll tribe safe as the Shatterspear proved. Pretty much any Troll tribe without the foresight to be Darkspear is potentially on the chopping block.

On the subject of a Darkspear Empire as the OP brought up, I've always seen the fall of the Zandalari as a necessary prerequisite for a Darkspear empire to come into existence on any meaningful scale.

Perhaps after we smash up what's left of the Zandalari's armies and kill their leader, Vol'jin will realize that while the Zandalari's methods were unconscionable, the basic idea of uniting the various Troll tribes has serious merit. To this end he'll offer the survivors a deal, join the Darkspear and share in their power, or be hunted by Horde and Alliance alike for the rest of their days. Not all will accept, but enough to ensure that Vol'jin has enough forces under his direct command to be a serious threat to Garrosh.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]