DMF Cards & Scrolls of Wisdom

100 Night Elf Priest
I have just noticed that to make a DMF card, a scroll of wisdom is required. Since these are pretty much only able to make one a day, this is going to send the price of a deck thru the roof not to mention make them unobtainable by many people due to the price. Is this really what you intended? And if you are only able to make ONE DMF card a day, why is it still so random as to which card you get. Would appreciate some feedback here.
Reply Quote
72 Tauren Paladin
Imagine that.. best in slot trinkets for the entire tier are going to be difficult to obtain.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
09/29/2012 07:15 PMPosted by Vazziera
Since these are pretty much only able to make one a day, this is going to send the price of a deck thru the roof not to mention make them unobtainable by many people due to the price. Is this really what you intended?

They're epics. They're not supposed to be standard issue.

09/29/2012 07:15 PMPosted by Vazziera
And if you are only able to make ONE DMF card a day, why is it still so random as to which card you get.

So that you have to buy, sell, and trade with other players to complete a deck.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
09/29/2012 07:22 PMPosted by Keeblik

1000x this

You have the possibility of making 17 cards before the first fair ends, you can easily trade for what you need to make your deck with that.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

1000x this

You have the possibility of making 17 cards before the first fair ends, you can easily trade for what you need to make your deck with that.

This is my HOPE as well. We shall see because there is no guarantee this will be the outcome. My worry is that big guilds who can bring dozens of scribes to bear will essentially force independents out of the market.

Remember. You can't force a player to make a trade and if the single card you need is on the AH for 35K what can't do anything about that now. At least before, you could grind out more cards and hope to get lucky. Now, you have no options.
Edited by Elnia on 9/29/2012 11:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
as someone who has both craft/sold 100s decks for profit since wrath and is currently in charge of making decks for "a big guild" I can say i have very little concern that anyone with even the most basic social skills can trade with 17 cards to make a deck baring any extreme rng going against them like if you had all 2s and 3s of oxen.

You cant force players to trade, no. But they need to trade with you as much as you need to with them. Worst case you have to sell your cards and buy the ones you want.

And honestly, if you are in a position where you are 100% alone in getting your deck, are you really in a position where waiting till the 2nd fair would be so terrible? at 47 cards you would pretty likely have completed a deck on your own. Darkmoon decks 2 weeks into an expansion are an extreme luxury.
Reply Quote
80 Tauren Paladin
you can always pay scribes to use their scrolls. Ive been tipping people 500g a scroll to make cards for me using my ink. Just like paying any profession for their Spirits or transmutes.
Edited by Cowabünga on 9/30/2012 4:42 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I wanted to make the epic healing staff with my Scrolls of Wisdom (It needs twenty) x.x Now, I'll have to burn them into DMF cards. *grumble* *grumble*
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]