Movement keys keep sticking

90 Pandaren Monk
Mac Pro 1,1
Mac OS X 10.7.4

Brand New Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 with the latest software.

Game is fully patched.

This has been an ongoing issue for some time, but it's REALLY gotten bad since launch.

I'll be playing and especially when I strafe, whether I strafe in a straight line or strafe radially, it is not now uncommon for me to get stuck.

Worse, logging out does NOT fix the problem as I will log back in STILL stuck strafing. I've deleted cache and removed WTF folders, etc.

No clue what else to do. Guildies report no issues like this on the PC side.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
This is really getting to be a problem as I level and prepare to raid in a few weeks.

I don't want to wipe good attempts because my toon insists on running in a direction.

Again, this has persisted through logouts and multiple keyboards, so it's not a keyboard issue.

However, since it doesn't persist when I log into a different toon, it's not a software issue with my keyboard software (that would have every toon behaving that way).

At the very least some kind of help would be appreciated.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Can you post some additional system information so I can send this up for review?

Obtaining System Information
    1. Hold the 'Option' Key and choose System Profiler/Information from the Apple Menu.

2. Copy the information from the following sections:
  • Hardware (remove the Serial Number line)
  • Graphics/Displays
  • Software (remove the Computer Name and User Name lines)
Reply Quote
83 Undead Mage
I Have the same issue but in Windows 7.
-Sticky keys have been disabled
-toggle keys have been disabled
-keyboard drivers have been updated (though it happens no matter what keyboard i use)
-game is fully patched
I've found that if i hold both the directional key that is stuck AND it's opposite the character will stop the stuck movement.
I've also experienced most of my keyboard not working. i have to quit the game and restart to restore functionality.
These issues only happen in game.
Tell me what logs you want and I'll post them and any screen shots requested
System Info
-Win 7 x64 (Running 64-bit game client)
-addons: curse--nUI--x-perl units--auctioneer--
-USB Keyboard & Mouse
I'll repost in Windows Forum...
Edited by Nikoden on 10/31/2012 3:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]