584min que time on Frostmourne server.

90 Human Warlock
it's been a week since launch and after waiting in que for 2hrs already my que timer reads 584mins

You know I play wow in my off time, I do have to goto work tomorrow so my entire day of wow time has been spent in a que. I'll likely not be able to play today as i'll have to goto bed before this que is over.

Could someone over there please do something?? It's been a week already, and this has been a problem every nite. NO i'm not going to transfer my guild is on this server and has been for 3 expansion packs.

So can we please get a server upgrade or something? It's just a damn computer, build a better one and install it please.

Thanks
Reply Quote
09/30/2012 12:43 AMPosted by Headmaster
Could someone over there please do something??

They did something. They opened up free transfers to less populated realms. If you take advantage of it you won't have any queue issues.

If you want to be stubborn like everyone else, well...have fun sitting in the queue.

Also, think about what you are saying before you post. Do you honestly think Blizz is limited by the server hardware? Or do you think that in order for players to be able to move in the game with the minimum system requirements client hardware/software/isp that they have to limit the data that is pushed to the user.

Can you imagine the FPS and client side lag if there were 50,000 players with all their data updating at once to your computer? Do you think Blizz should make it mandatory that all players have a T1 connection with a 3GB vram graphics card, and 16GB ram?
Edited by Ainsley on 9/30/2012 1:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
09/30/2012 12:43 AMPosted by Headmaster
NO i'm not going to transfer my guild is on this server and has been for 3 expansion packs.

And this is exactly why your server has a queue. Every single person on it says "There are too many people here but I don't want to leave."

Blizzard has made a fix available. You can realm transfer, free of charge. Your friends can transfer too.
Blizzard can't force people to stop playing on Illidan. If nobody ever leaves when given the chance, you'll keep running into this problem.

Replace "Illidan" with "Frostmourne."
Edited by Sakana on 9/30/2012 1:51 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I'm not going to leave, i've been on frostmourne like 4yrs now, my guild is family and i'm not leaving it.

So server transfers are only for new players, or players without guilds. I highly suggest a frostmourne server upgrade blizzard side. I keep my hardware current, sparing no expense.. they can at least do the same for the server.

I'm actually having to goto bed now, without having played today.. was in que for 4hrs and according to the countdown had at least 2hrs left.

a freaking 6hr que on a server i've been playing on for years... Something has to be done !!
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
oh Ainsley... I do have 3gig vram and 16mb ram...

not to mention 3 ... 320 gig ssd drives, a killer nic gaming port and an asus extreme rog motherboard

i'm not lacking in hardware.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
You are an idiot Headmaster, What Ainsley is trying to say. Is that if they let the large amount of people on that you keep wussing about. All the other people that have limited system resources would not be able to play.

Hence making your game play experience crap because hardly anyone would be on.

Btw, Killer NIC gaming cards do not do jack unless you have a [removed] processor which cannot handle the network processing.
Edited by Machkhan on 9/30/2012 9:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
What makes you think Blizzard doesn't already have the best equipment available? Not to mention, with the advent of cross-realm zones, the actual server that stores Frostmourne is now seeing an increase in traffic at random times of the day.

It's not simply about throwing money at the problem until it goes away. If your equipment is already the best it can be, there's nowhere to go.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
Whats worse is falling asleep while in queue only to wake up 2 hours later and have been disconnected and have to re-enter the queue again, lol. All I want to do is drop my *&^$% arena team I havent used in like 2 years so I CAN transfer temporarily.
Reply Quote
87 Troll Hunter
09/30/2012 02:53 AMPosted by Headmaster
I'm not going to leave, i've been on frostmourne like 4yrs now, my guild is family and i'm not leaving it.

Which is entirely your right. However, you look a little silly ranting that they aren't fixing things when you're contributing to the problem.

I highly suggest a frostmourne server upgrade blizzard side.

It's not that simple. For one, physical upgrades to servers don't happen overnight. Upgrading a server is a more complicated process than installing a new video card or a couple of sticks of ram into your PC.

Also, the limitations are not solely hardware based. They can have the most up to date top-of-the-line hardware, and still need to maintain the same server caps because of some of the users on the realm.

oh Ainsley... I do have 3gig vram and 16mb ram...

not to mention 3 ... 320 gig ssd drives, a killer nic gaming port and an asus extreme rog motherboard

i'm not lacking in hardware.

Congratulations. That guy standing next to you in Stormwind? He doesn't. And his $15 a month is every bit as important as yours is.

a freaking 6hr que on a server i've been playing on for years... Something has to be done !!

Something has been done. You just don't like it.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
6 hour queue? I'm honestly impressed. Does every Australian play on Frostmourne or something?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
10/02/2012 05:22 AMPosted by Vordea
6 hour queue? I'm honestly impressed. Does every Australian play on Frostmourne or something?

I wouldn't say 6 hour queue, estimated times are usually off from my experience but i have consistent 3-3.5 hour queues every night in order to play during peak time.

Queues start at around 12pm and increase to around 3000 in size by 6pm.

Alot of aussies play on frostmourne :)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Sham if there's too many people online on a server everybody's experience is degraded due to the game engine not being designed for that many people being connected at once. Plus the minimum requirements of the game would have to go up even more, making it less accessible.

EDIT: Damn Tenziin, and I thought the 1 hour queues on Area 52 were bad!
Edited by Vordea on 10/2/2012 5:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote
89 Goblin Shaman
thats were blizzard need to start upgrading stuff with technology these days im sure they can upgrade it for more players.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
10/02/2012 05:31 AMPosted by Shamikazee
thats were blizzard need to start upgrading stuff with technology these days im sure they can upgrade it for more players.

They have the most up to date and advanced servers available. I know this might come as a shock to some people, but there are still limitations to servers.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
I highly suggest a frostmourne server upgrade blizzard side.

10/01/2012 05:15 PMPosted by Bashiok
The realm hardware, not to mention game content, is designed to house and support a specific number of characters per realm. It's not feasible to increase and decrease those allotments as interest increases and wanes, which is why we offer free character transfers when queues get too high

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6758457080#3
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Alot of it, why even if the servers could handle it.. is the client side, can not.

WHY, on people with lower systems, have lag issues sometimes in bussier areas, and get an FPS drop, etc?
Its too busy there.

Take for example, at any one point in time. I am standing in SW.

So i am on the one continant.. there is no loading unless i am going off it, so technicaly all one giant zone... but even for this sake, lets just say SW.
Now.. it has to keep track of EVERY other person, NPC, rat, etc that is in SW... know their location.. as to weither to show them in range of me seeing them or not.. now, every split second, it has to send all that AGAIN as for every change that NPC or player makes.
Now add ontop of that, every potential action that that person is doing.

Its alot of information to be passed between clients and server. You allow MORE people on, it compounds the amount of data having to be sent.
Reply Quote
25 Dwarf Hunter
So server transfers are only for new players, or players without guilds. I highly suggest a frostmourne server upgrade blizzard side. I keep my hardware current, sparing no expense.. they can at least do the same for the server.

That's great, but you are missing the issue completely.

The issue is not that their servers cannot handle it. It is that not everyone has an amazing PC. That'd part of the reason WoW is so popular, you don't need a high end PC to play it.

If they increase how many people can log on you would have too much data being sent to users PCs with everyone running around. This would make it unplayable for most people and cause a lot of people to disconnect.

Guess that is ok by though, as long as you get to play right?
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
10/04/2012 05:57 PMPosted by Madcowkillar
so everyone else is punished because of the few people thattry to play on dell pc's from 2002?? im sorry why are other peoples lack of resources affecting my gameplay?

Because their $15 per month is worth exactly the same amount as your $15 per month.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]