Looper

90 Gnome Priest
I saw Looper with a few of my friends over the weekend and I have to say, it was worth seeing. Right after the movie ended my friends and I were talking about time travel, Time Paradox, etc this and that. The only thing I can say is that, at first its confusing but it picks up later on.

Overall great movie for September and the start of Fall Season 2012.
Reply Quote
24 Blood Elf Paladin
(possible spoilers) I thought it was ok, but not without problems. The profanity usage seemed haphazard, they used the word !@#$ uncannily often. There are other dirty words out there, they want to be used too damnit! There were almost no shirtless guys in this movie, you pretty much only see the protagonist's back, which wouldn't be a problem if they didn't arbitrarily toss a topless lady into the movie. Between those two things I got the vibe that the movie was made for viewers who want to feel adult/mature by viewing a movie that they think is very grown-up.

I thought one of its strong points was actually staying somewhat clear on what's going on without giving too much away or becoming too confusing or too damn convoluted. There's a particular scene that I think does a good job of sweeping logic under the rug to aid viewer's suspension of disbelief. There's probably a trope for that scene, and for that particular part of the conversation -_-.

I'd say it's like a 6/10. A decent movie to go watch, not something I'd buy on BD and treasure forever and ever. I feel like there were probably bigger/better plans for the movie and financial or time sensitivity problems may have caused them to have to modify (gut) the film.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
It may not be the best movie ever, but it's definitely one of the more original ones of the year.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]