MoP JC shuffle?

90 Blood Elf Mage
Hello people.

So in Cata, I missed out on the JC shuffle while it made tons of moeny and I remained poor the whole expac. This time, I plan on actually making some gold.

How has the shuffle changed? I've looked up MoP Jc shuffle, but I've yet to see a guide that specifically tells you the steps of the JC shuffle.

So I need some help figuring out what's new about the shuffle this expac.

Thanks!
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Priest
1. Find Cata shuffle
2. Replace items names with mop item names
3. Profit

Although, I did read on forums it wasn't very good anymore
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
09/30/2012 10:16 AMPosted by Smokebarrage
3. Profit

Ha, good one.

A combination of things has turned JC from a profitable profession into what is almost a gold sink now.

1) Transmutes for rare gems require Golden Lotus'. That alone throws the rare gem price up to a level people aren't willing to pay yet.

2) Ore prices are high. The price is likely to go down, but it still won't be low enough to make any decent bank off of JC.

3) Gems for the cata necks/rings only required 1-2 uncommon quality gems. Gems for the MoP items require 3 uncommon gems now.

4) Tons of people are leveling Jewelcrafting now. Given such, the AH is so over-saturated that gems are going for near vendor price. This is likely to settle down in the coming weeks/months.
Reply Quote
Right now you'll make more money selling the ore than trying to do anything with it yourself.
Reply Quote
JC Shuffle is not a profitable venture anymore

You missed the boat on that one man, sorry.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Their is no jc shuffle in this xpac blizzard !@# $%^-ed profs u can't make any rings necks or weps that u can craft with ur green gems the will give u a good de.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
U can still make money prospecting but not anywhere close to the amount u could in cata
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
There was no JC shuffle at the beginning of Cata either. Guess what? You have to adapt and wait for farmers to catch up. This is hardly anything new. Raw mats will be more profitable for about a month just like always.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
Their is no jc shuffle in this xpac

That wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. (Of Warcraft.)
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
10/01/2012 05:29 AMPosted by Móóimatauren
Their is no jc shuffle in this xpac blizzard !@# $%^-ed profs u can't make any rings necks or weps that u can craft with ur green gems the will give u a good de.

Except, you know..the rings and necklaces you can craft that give you dusts and essences.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
09/30/2012 01:27 PMPosted by Bamf
1) Transmutes for rare gems require Golden Lotus'. That alone throws the rare gem price up to a level people aren't willing to pay yet.

People are sitting on SoH or spending them on patterns right now, the price of golden lotus has no where to go but down over the next month, until it normalizes to heartblossom prices for ruby transmutes. In the mean time, you should be getting plenty of rare gems from prospecting...the uncommon gems have always simply been a by-product of prospecting.

2) Ore prices are high. The price is likely to go down, but it still won't be low enough to make any decent bank off of JC.

On the two servers I play on, ore quickly dropped to sub-250 prices, and I was easily able to grab stacks in the 100-150 range. Considering that 80g ore in Cata could be shuffled, I would say the prices are pretty good right now. Biggest problem is everyone and their younger siblings are trying to shuffle in Mists.

3) Gems for the cata necks/rings only required 1-2 uncommon quality gems. Gems for the MoP items require 3 uncommon gems now.

That is an issue. Then again, we no longer have worthless zepherytes, we don't need to sit on gems for dailies, and red gem transmutes will not be as strong this expansion with secondary stats being twice primary stats on gems. I do foresee this impacting enchanting mats slightly, but being able to turn 125 spirit dust into crystals should help.

4) Tons of people are leveling Jewelcrafting now. Given such, the AH is so over-saturated that gems are going for near vendor price. This is likely to settle down in the coming weeks/months.

We are pretty much screwed on cut gems. Though this is probably a good time to buy anything and everything off of the AH to sit on for a while.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Death Knight
10/01/2012 08:38 AMPosted by Jozie
On the two servers I play on, ore quickly dropped to sub-250 prices, and I was easily able to grab stacks in the 100-150 range. Considering that 80g ore in Cata could be shuffled, I would say the prices are pretty good right now. Biggest problem is everyone and their younger siblings are trying to shuffle in Mists.

Lucky you!

On my server, I can pick up stacks of GIO for 50g a stack now. I've been buying it mostly because selling the blue Ghost Iron Plate is covering me enough to stockpile some ore and break even for gold.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
10/01/2012 08:38 AMPosted by Jozie
People are sitting on SoH or spending them on patterns right now, the price of golden lotus has no where to go but down over the next month, until it normalizes to heartblossom prices for ruby transmutes. In the mean time, you should be getting plenty of rare gems from prospecting...the uncommon gems have always simply been a by-product of prospecting.

Planting seeds at the tillers farm should net you 16 motes per day once you get exalted, or 33 Golden Lotus per week. Herbing statistics show roughly a dozen Golden Lotus in a few hundred stacks. Lotus isn't dropping anywhere near as low as Heartblossom, sorry to burst your bubble.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I am positive there will some sort of a MOP version of the JC shuffle. You just have to be patient, and wait for several factors. ATM people who are leveling JC are dumping gems on the AH when there is very little to no demand for MoP gems.

1) ore prices have to stabilize out, on some realms it will take a bit of time.

2) the raid tier has to open up, gear with sockets, this will drive gem demand.

3) PvP tier has to open up, this will fuel demand for PvP gear with sockets.

4) For non-raiders, they would have to grind valor points to get to the new valor gear, which has sockets. This will take at least a few weeks to get reputations.

Also, I am positive that the folks on the big gold making forum is working around the clock with prospecting ratio, and spread sheets on data collected. They need more time to gather more data, and the above factors need to be in place before coming up with something viable. They are interested in making a large amount of gold more than almost any aspect of this game, and I don't think they will be slacking on this issue. As I said before just give it time, the new JC shuffle will be posted as soon as hard data is collected, and put on a spreadsheet.
Edited by Urbersproak on 10/1/2012 11:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
86 Draenei Priest
I am positive there will some sort of a MOP version of the JC shuffle. You just have to be patient, and wait for several factors. ATM people who are leveling JC are dumping gems on the AH when there is very little to no demand for MoP gems.

1) ore prices have to stabilize out, on some realms it will take a bit of time.

2) the raid tier has to open up, gear with sockets, this will drive gem demand.

3) PvP tier has to open up, this will fuel demand for PvP gear with sockets.

4) For non-raiders, they would have to grind valor points to get to the new valor gear. This will take at least a few weeks to get reputations.

Also, I am positive that the folks on the big gold making forum is working around the clock with prospecting ratio, and spread sheets on data collected. They need more time to gather more data, and the above factors need to be in place before coming up with something viable. They are interested in making a large amount of gold more than almost any aspect of this game, and I don't think they will be slacking on this issue. As I said before just give it time, and the new JC shuffle will be posted as soon as hard data is collected, and put on a spreadsheet.

Pretty much what he said, just sit back and wait... I did very well in Cata, I'm sure I'll do well in Mists too.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Well, thanks for all the responses. Guess I'll just have to wait and see how things turn out(Ghost iron Ore is going for about 320g on server).
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
With enchanting mat prices being as low as they are, and perfect uncommon cuts being as good as rares, I'm wondering if cutting gems and selling the perfect cuts is going to turn out to be a viable alternative to crafting jewelry for DE.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
ghost iron ore is 100g on my server
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
10/02/2012 01:04 PMPosted by Keeblik
With enchanting mat prices being as low as they are, and perfect uncommon cuts being as good as rares, I'm wondering if cutting gems and selling the perfect cuts is going to turn out to be a viable alternative to crafting jewelry for DE.
yes, cutting the reds and making the necklace or ring (dont remember which) that does not require reds is likely the route i will take.

i am also wondering how much mounts will go for. having someone pay a margin and provide the mysterious essence may be a better return on the mats required for the mounts than cutting without incurring the large capital cost up front and putting it on the ah.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
09/30/2012 01:36 PMPosted by Snorie
Right now you'll make more money selling the ore than trying to do anything with it yourself.

That much is usually true for many cases throughout this games life. Sure you might profit a little more from the resulted craft item, but they have a lower demand and/or are heavily stocked. The mats usually cross various professions or needs and are in exponentially higher demand.

Gems, for a while now, tend to be pretty cutthroat as far as people undercutting. Your attempted sell will often end in losing the stock fee and putting it up again for even less than you first tried. Not always, but it happens far more than any of us would like. That said, JC being turned into a not-so-profitable craft (at least for now) isn't very unusual.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]