MoP JC shuffle?

90 Tauren Paladin
Not quite sure about you guys....but I am making plenty from prospecting ghost iron ore. The product of serpent eye's (which are extremely common) combined with very few of the green gems (which you will have plenty of anyway) and a few of the rare gems which go towards making the BoE rings and necklaces already nets me profit just from doing this.

That is not even counting the primal diamonds (currently going for 2.5k each on my realm), the primordial rubies I get from prospecting that sell for 350g each and the spirit dust/mysterious essence/ethereal shards, of which I can sell the spirit dust for 10g each, mysterious essence for 140g each, etc. or just keep them to make enchanting scrolls when they are in demand (later this week probably). Maybe my realm is just lucky?
Reply Quote
1 Night Elf Priest
...which I can sell the spirit dust for 10g each, mysterious essence for 140g each..

Are you swimming in dust? If not, why would you sell them for 10, when you can just merge five (50 gold as dust) into an essence (140 gold) and take taht extra 90?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
10/02/2012 08:19 PMPosted by Lolisel
...which I can sell the spirit dust for 10g each, mysterious essence for 140g each..

Are you swimming in dust? If not, why would you sell them for 10, when you can just merge five (50 gold as dust) into an essence (140 gold) and take taht extra 90?

Because it is hard to sell hundreds of essences at once, it can be easier to just sell the dust whilst still keeping a lot of essence to also sell.
Edited by Bubbull on 10/2/2012 8:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
This is one of the things that I have noticed about the "Jewelcrafting Shuffle" in MoP. If you are trying to do it the exact same way that you did it in Cata, you will fail.

Second, a lot of success right now depends on your realm's population. If you are on a high pop realm, it is likely the demand for gems will be much higher than if you are playing on a low pop or low-medium pop server.If you want to make gold with JC, you need to be on a high pop realm or be willing to wait for prices to stabilize on your server.

As for what I've been doing, I've actually made a decent amount doing the shuffle. The current shuffle, at least what I've found through deductions (later confirmed by a quick spreadsheet I made and tests I ran) is:
1. Prospect Ore
2. Craft Rare Gems (make sure you are crafting a pattern that sells for near or more than the base price of the rare gem)
3. Craft Uncommon Gems
4. Vendor Uncommon Gems (unless you want to waste time reposting gems that won't sell to possibly make a few more gold)
5. Sell Perfect Cuts + Rare gems you cut on ah + Jade Serpent Gems and profit.

One thing I will note is that Orange gems seem to be just as profitable if not more profitable than Red Gems, and the other Gem colors actually do sell a fair amount. It does pay to do some research through trial and error to see what sells well and what doesn't, if you aren't sure.

Anyways, I would definitely do the Math to see if this path will make you money or not if you are interested. I do think that by the time LFR is out, JC should be making gold on most Servers besides a few exceptions. I do think that transmuting rare gems over time will be worth it, unless you're saying that Golden Lotus will be far more rare than Frost Lotus or Fel Lotus ever was.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
10/01/2012 08:22 AMPosted by Cuddleme
Their is no jc shuffle in this xpac blizzard !@# $%^-ed profs u can't make any rings necks or weps that u can craft with ur green gems the will give u a good de.

Except, you know..the rings and necklaces you can craft that give you dusts and essences.

The cost to make the ring is more then u will make from deing and their is no wep that will give u 2-5 essences
Reply Quote
55 Tauren Death Knight
On my server dusts go for 6g and essences go for 50g. Ore is only going for 100g. Uncommon gems go from 2g to 6g. Each de usually yields 2-5 dust or 1 essence. I break even on the 2 dusts and gain on the rest.

The rare gems go from 200-350. You usually get 1-2 from a stack of ore.
Edited by Garomm on 10/4/2012 3:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
I'm a little curious why JC don't actually have anything they can make with spirits of harmony. Most every other craft has some items they can make that are super nifty with them, and JCs are just sort of left out, similar to in Cata I feel.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
As far as I've seen, the new shuffle goes something like

1. Prospect
2. Send Vermillion Onyx, Imperial Amethyst, & Wild Jade to your xmute specced Alchemist.
3. Make Primal Diamonds, and either cut them or sell them, whichever is more profitable.
4. Sell the other rare gems as is (cut them if you wish)
5. Cut the uncommon gems into the most profitable perfect version of that cut. For example, if you have Pandarian Garnets and Perfect Delicates are the most expensive, cut those (don't flood if you have a lot, though, cut the next best thing).
6. Sell the Serpent's Eyes as is.

As it currently stands (at least on my server), Enchanting no longer has any place in the shuffle.

10/04/2012 03:59 PMPosted by Vendrak
I'm a little curious why JC don't actually have anything they can make with spirits of harmony. Most every other craft has some items they can make that are super nifty with them, and JCs are just sort of left out, similar to in Cata I feel.

You should rejoice, not despair.
Edited by Bamf on 10/4/2012 5:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
92 Draenei Priest
Buy Golden Lotus, make cash.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
10/04/2012 03:59 PMPosted by Vendrak

I think that is partly so that the playerbase doesn't complain about the lack of gems on the AH. If it wasn't for the discovery system (which uses 3 SoH to bypass the cooldown), we would likely be spending SoH for each cut.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
I don't get why ghost iron is so expensive on some servers, since its so extremely plentiful. I guess many people just hate gathering.
Reply Quote
11 Tauren Warrior
Or your playing at the wrong Times/server
Reply Quote
97 Human Warrior
Can someone explain how JC works to me? Is it really a great way to make gold? Or is not as easy as I think?

Reason is I feel a bit jealous as a BS myself.

Is it as simple as buying gems and then cutting them and putting them up on the AH for profit? Or does cutting them cost you something as well?
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
You might have to get the patterns first tigergrunt, but yes it is that simple.

Problem is there's a lot of other JCers who have the same idea. The gem market seems to be almost completely saturated, on my server and probably on your server too. I wouldn't even bother.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Also remember the blue cuts take 3 blue quality gems to research and the result is you are given a random cut, not one of your choice. Due to this you could get a cut worth something but are slightly more likely to get one of the cuts not worth doing. finally you can do 1 research a day, so learning everything will take time. Yes you can make money in JC but you must first put money and time in to get the right cuts.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
10/06/2012 03:23 AMPosted by Tigergrunt

Now is a great time to make money as a Blacksmith.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
Dust is going between 2-4g per each on my realm. Essence has been as low as 16, rarely sells for oever 25g. DEing mats isn't really profitable, nor is making scrolls for the most part. However, making 90level rings and necklaces, primordial diamonds and some 85level blues has turned some profit for me.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Here is one of the updated version and the overview of the new MoP JC shuffle. It was last updated on October 4th. It is slightly different than the cata version as this one does not need alchemy due to the high cost of golden lotus. You just need JC, and enchanting to DE.

http://xsinthis.net/2012/10/is-the-shuffle-profitable-yet-in-mists-of-pandaria-spoilers-yes-it-is/

Do your research on cost of ore which is the initial investment. ie..(couple hundred stacks of ore)

Then calculate out the yields.

1)Rare gems, both cut or uncut.
2)Serpents Eyes
3)Rare procs from crafting neck/ring from the uncommon(green) gems.
4)The value of the disenchanted green rings/necklaces(dust, essence.)

If your yield is greater than the investment, and if the profit margins are considered "good" to you, then you can shuffle and gain gold.
Edited by Urbersproak on 10/7/2012 11:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Warrior
10/07/2012 05:33 PMPosted by Bamf

Now is a great time to make money as a Blacksmith.

Said no blacksmith in the history of WoW
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
It's funny the differences between servers. On BH ore is ~140 a stack, maybe 50g from a farmer. Gems are worthless, even rares are being dumped on the AH for 3g or so.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]