90 Undead Mage
They're really not that bad.

Calm down.

Seriously.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
"Not that bad"? I love Rune of Power.
Reply Quote
ITT: mages with no raid achievements tell more experienced players their opinion is invalid. Lets see what happens next!
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
09/30/2012 06:32 PMPosted by Teelo
ITT: mages with no raid achievements tell more experienced players their opinion is invalid. Lets see what happens next!
You are not entitled to an opinion.

Am I entitled to one? Because the end talents suck.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
They're incredibly inhibiting.
Reply Quote
I think the new talents suck and hope they are fixed asap.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
They are all anoying to use except incanters ward and its a huge dps drop unless you want to suport being hit by avoidable mechanics
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Right, so as long as I sit down and do my homework and memorize each fight and all the stars alight then maybe one of the talents will turn out alright, while the majority of the other classes have fun cooldowns.

Everyone's out having fun with their lvl 90 talents, and I'm just sitting here invocating.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Give a mage something nice and they still complain about it. At least you didn't get 2 heals nobody will ever use, bloodbath, and some other garbage warrior talents that I don't even bother to know the names of.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
Invocation is fantastic for PvP. Peel away til you get a few hits from a ranged class, then blink / blaze speed away from the fray to get some distance .. cast Invocation .. return to battle fresh and buffed up for more action.

Rune of Power is pretty useful for trash / mobs, since most rotations involve standing in one spot , plus it helps out the Healer a little.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
10/01/2012 07:45 AMPosted by Warthane
Give a mage something nice and they still complain about it. At least you didn't get 2 heals nobody will ever use, bloodbath, and some other garbage warrior talents that I don't even bother to know the names of.

I rather do comparable damage and have a new utility spell then to have a new spell that is annoying and is needed to actually to make yourself on par with others.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
10/01/2012 07:45 AMPosted by Warthane

Yeah, because Bloodbath and Avatar are SO stupid right?

Rune of Power seems like the least annoying to me. At least you can lay down 2 and it's a constant 15% increase if you do it right. "Invocation" is terrible. The other one can be useful at times.

I think before everyone complains, they need to see the raids. If the bosses are like Sapphiron then you might have something to complain about. I know she's old but that one seemed to fit best.
Edited by Ðummy on 10/1/2012 8:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
just take our lvl 90 abilities out and give us like a flat 15% increase or somthing cause the whole tier is pretty dumb , i was very much looking forward to the interaction of the new lvl 90 talents until i actualy got to use them ........ if you enjoy them /golf clap

spending 6 seconds befor you pull a mob just to be able to kill it in a decent amount of time is dumb , incorporate that into instances and raids ...... keeping up with runes that last for a whole 1 min and u have to cast it and the lack luster IW for people who would take a hit to there dps just to not have to worry with the other 2 garbage talents.....
womp womp womp ,why did they have to do this to mages

only thing good is the 140k heal on the back end of evo ........i like it but not for dps increase
Edited by Trickdurty on 10/1/2012 9:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I think incanter's ward is pretty cool. the other two talents are dumb. but I dont pve. sooo......
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
our 90 tier talents are meant to be situational. Blizz wants to get away from cookie cutter specs so there is "one" talent thas the best. They really arent that bad , ive actually been enjoying figuring out which are optimal for different fights and situations.

Hence why our 90 tier talents arent just "+~20% SP"
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
They really are that bad in my opinion.

My reasoning has nothing to do with theoretical DPS numbers on paper; as the talents are just fine in that regard. It has nothing to with the fact that, even with perfect planning, some fight mechanics are just going to screw you over with RNG. It has everything to do with fun.

The level 90 talents are not fun. The level 90 talents are a chore rather than something to look forward to using. Chores are not fun.
Edited by Jinrah on 10/1/2012 10:12 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]